• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Server upgrades

Peo

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
We'll be performing some server upgrades soon, so don't worry if we go down for up to an 1 hour or so. Not sure exactly when this will happen, but I'll try to keep you posted.

10 hours later... I never ever wish to do an upgrade again.

By the way, we are now using 4.2.2 of vBulletin. This is the latest stable version of vB 4

I am on tapatalk, I don't see anything... Except for the loading speed which is very fast.

Oh no! What happened last night? Site down with database errors for hours.

Yesterday we upgraded the server and then upgraded the forum software. During the upgrade it got stuck at one point which caused some of the delay. Then another delay when vBulletin didn't work properly right after the upgrade. Investigation, repair and then everything worked.

And today we had a massive attack against the server, if anyone experienced error messages today. Someone tried to sign up thousands of accounts. Looks like we blocked that and solved those issues though.

Again I never saw anything. Can I ask though, is it really an attack? Have you ever considered judging from how long FWS has been online, how many spam databases has FWS forums amassed in?

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

I guess that's another possibility. My host suspected a brute force attack.

Back