• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Shoutcast

>Jake<

umm im not sure about this, i have a reseller and i wondered if there is some kind of script so i can stream a radio station, anyone know of any?

thanks

jake

U need SSH access to install the shoutcast server, so a reseller wont work, can stream using a built in WMP into you're webpage.

I have a script that will let you stream on a shared account. PM me for the url

trev said:
U need SSH access to install the shoutcast server, so a reseller wont work, can stream using a built in WMP into you're webpage.

Not true, the owner of the server is able to give you ssh access... just talk to the owner of the server about that :D

upload sc_serv and sc_config.conf, cd to that directory and excecute sc_serv (remember to upload it in binary mode)

And make sure you have the copyrights for the music, or permission from the copyright owner. (This could be written permission or a blanket license if it is mainstream music,blanket licenses cost money...to pay royalties..)

Regards,

Back