• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Strange Issue With my server Plz Help

apnakohat

Hello,

I am running dedicated server, well there is strange problem happening from the last couple of months, As I am using monitoring services from couple of websites so what I noticed is that after few days or every day I am getting emails from monitoring websites regarding the Connection Time Out Error, I myself verified it as when I receive the email I checked by opening website its keep on loading, I contacted softlayer support they increase the ServerLimit to 1000 and they also increased the MaxClients to 1000 in apache conf file.

Please let me know what is the cause of this issue.

Here is my httpd.conf file configuration

RLimitMEM 473479850
RLimitCPU 240
KeepAlive On
ServerLimit 1000
MaxKeepAliveRequests 100
KeepAliveTimeout Off
UseCanonicalName Off
AccessFileName .htaccess D
efaultType text/plain

and

<IfModule prefork.c>
MinSpareServers 5
MaxSpareServers 10
StartServers 5
MaxClients 1000
MaxRequestsPerChild 10000
</IfModule>

My server configuration is as follows.

Intel Xeon 2.4 GHZ Quad Core
4GB Ram,
server load average under 1%
memory usage is always under 30%
Hard Disk usage is less then 20%

Please suggest.

-Regards.

What OS are you using and what version of Apache.

Also try disabling the keep alive and enabling TCP cookies. It may just be getting saturated with requests from bugged clients that don't properly exit the connection.

The other thing is tail the access and error logs. If something's amiss it should be visible.

I know on mine with php-fcgi enabled I can sometimes build up excess processes that while not directly making a load spike or hogging memory will cause the httpd to slow down and may cause intermittent problems.

Last edited:
Back