• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

This place is nothing like it used to be

Not only has facebook, imgur, twitter, etc killed free hosting - They have also killed forums, rather than head over to a webmaster forum now days for assistance, I just head over to a webmaster facebook group and post my question on their wall :) Normally get an answer really quickly.

Forums are needing to evolve to keep up, offer things that facebook / twitter cant. Mobile apps are one aspect, however, the "sweet spot" has not yet quite been found... During the end of my spell at FWS (last time I was here) I came for the social aspect - However, I left mainly due to twitter / facebook, as I got my social fill from them. The only way I see pure "forums" keeping up is to offer something else along side - Be it some form of bidding system, etc...

I'm not sure what FWS could do, but the only reason I hang around other forums, is because they have idea / project offers / systems. AKA:
User1 is looking for a PHP script that can do X, Y and Z, they can only offer $10 for it.
User2 has a great idea for a website - They need a skilled PHP developer to help, offering X% of the ad revenue.

Something new is needed.. What the is for FWS is anyones guess.. No longer can sites just be "forums", create a facebook group for that! Sites need to be more, the forums just need to supplement the site, rather than the other way around.

Back