• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

transferring to gkg, forms etc.

roh2106

I've been looking at transferring from domain (which expires in May) from NSI to GKG. The problem is that GKG expects a faxed form with a photograph and crap like that, and its really not convenient for me to fax all that from India. Is there any service which allows me to transfer my domain to them for free over the net, .. or some service which lets me fax something using a free faxing service on the net itself.

Thanks!

Welcome to the board Rohan! Do they have a Kinkos in India? You know anyone with a fax machine in India? I'll have to assume yes, so what is the problem?

Umm, whats Kinkos? . Yeh. We do have fax-machines in India, hehe.. India aint as bad as you think it is. I dont have one, so I'll have to go out to the market or something, and plus, waste more money on sending an international fax etc. so I prefer making my transactions through the net.. (atleast the money is paid directly by my dad, and I dont have to worry about using cash etc.!)

Thanks for the tip on 000domains, jim.. I think I'll use them!

Rohan

No Kinkos in India! Open market! It is a copy center chain here in the states. Plenty in the U.S., and I thought they had them all over, but maybe not *all* over yet.

If you have a scanner and a computer with a modem and the right software you pretty much have a working fax machine.

I have all that but no modem, just a 10/100 Lan card and a DSL connection. Would have to add the modem (which I haven't looked into all that much, but due to the small size of the computer - actually a 1U server - I can't do an internal, maybe an external).

I should really sell this and get an actual computer for home I think. Blah. I bought it as a spare server, but I think I am going to lease my next one.

I dont have a scanner, so I guess a modem wont help. But thats the main problem.. The main problem is faxing it to an international number. Phone rates in India are horrible (worse than horrible actually, every damn thing is by the minute), and the phone lines are horrible.. Dont want to make my dad too angry!

Back