• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

[Urgent] Status of www.uni.cc??

alex_blue

Hi,

Today I was going to update DNS of my free domain at www.uni.cc but to my utter horror the site not only closes on signups but also disabled login for existing clients...meaning we can't make changes to DNS whatsoever on the free domain at the moment.

The problem is, I don't know whether the shutdown is permanent, or like other free services they promise to reopen in the "future" (forever waiting).

Anyone here know when did they start closing down the login page? Or is there any way to get to that page or contact the support for changing my DNS?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!!!

Opening soon
This site is still under construction. All features will be enabled soon. We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused to you.

The trouble with the free 2nd-level domain providers like this is they could go out at any moment. It really is far more advisable to choose a top level domain.

At any rate, it is impossible to say whether they will come back or not without knowing their reason for closing everything in the first place. I hope there is a good resolution for you.

They've been around since 1999, I don't think they'll be going anywhere soon, at least, it doesn't seem so.

Alex, in February they were doing maintenance to their databases and infrastructure, said they'd close sign ups till they got everything the way they wanted. Also mentioned they'd be having a new design soon, as they were going to overhaul the current system.

This could be part of the process, and explain why logins are currently disabled. :)

Alex you need to get in touch with them to understand where the problem is. All the posts here are guesses and nothing more. Call them
Good luck

Alex you need to get in touch with them to understand where the problem is. All the posts here are guesses and nothing more. Call them
Good luck

Just an FYI, my post on uni.cc wasn't a guess, it was what was stated on their actual website before they came back online.

Alex, they're fully operational again. :)

Well I meant that only having a private conversation with them will help to understand better where the problem is. -

Back