• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

VBulletin needs upgrading

LeX

ლ(╹◡╹ლ)
NLC
Ever took a look in the Test it out forums? You should do something about those @'s. :)

Yes!

I agree with LeX here...

You should upgrade soon to at least v1.15. Its easier on your server as far as mySQL is concerned. You guys are probably waiting for v2.0 to come out... But who knows when that will be (soon, I hope!!)... But at least until then, give your server an early birthday present and tell him take a break with all the connection requests that are involved with v1.13! :)

That's my bit... :)

I agree, but it will have to wait until we're on the new server, ready within a week or two.

Great!... will there be a limit on smilies? If there is, maybe you should set it back a bit, say, max of 15 or 20. The current limit is at - what?

:) I don't think there's an option for modifiying that in vBulletin, but I'll have a look at it.

*lol* Hack it! I have heard people from the forums mention hacking the code and rewriting/adding features to vbulletin... just kidding lah :p

Did they put that limit on smilies in order to prevent people from misusing is and posting too many smilies? If they did, then they should've set a bigger limit.....

I believe that I have a hack that can lower MySQL usage by as much as 50% (or so the creator claims). If you're interested, email me.

Back