• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

vps.net

Darknight

Premium
Premium Member
NLC
After searching for a new provider, not because my old was bad or anything but because I wanted to use advanced technolgy like cloud VPS.
I was /almost/ going to go with virpus for the cloud as its far cheaper than vps.net then I found out that vps.net offer free ispmanager pro and hostbillapp free to all clients (and I think free SSL certs as well, they also have a clustered DNS service and multiply locations to select a node.
So I kinda fell in love with them and signed up for the smallest package to give it a go.
Iv been very impressed with the service so far and hope it gos well over the next few months.

Just wondered if others have been with them and what they think of them?
I think its a great idea to be able to change specs as you need them and always know your getting what you pay for, yeah its slighlty more costly but I have to be honest, any VPS I have only ever really uses a few GB HDD and 20GB/month bandwidth, so why did I use to buy them oversold VPS? it makes no sense.
Speed is faster than iv ever seen, mainly because its dedicated resorces and not oversold.
Lovin' it.
Also its good to know that no matter what happens, I can click a button to upgrade my VPS and bang, its done.

Last edited:
I've been using vps.net for almost a year now. It's been a good experience. I have three different machines with them in three different locations.

It is fast. I also like the way you can change number of nodes instantly. And when downgrading you get money back if you've paid for the whole month. So, you only pay for what you use. You can even use cpu power from more nodes than what you've paid for if there are resources available at the time. Usually there are. Support is fast and helpful.

There's been some serious issues with san crashing everything in London last year. I had a recent backup, others were not so lucky. They did give me a full compensation for the downtime. There's been some minor issues too. Daily backups have not been working properly in some locations. After upgrading or downgrading the machine doesn't always come back after reboot so I have to contact support. That's the only problems I've experienced though and I would recommend them.

I've been using vps.net for almost a year now. It's been a good experience. I have three different machines with them in three different locations.

It is fast. I also like the way you can change number of nodes instantly. And when downgrading you get money back if you've paid for the whole month. So, you only pay for what you use. You can even use cpu power from more nodes than what you've paid for if there are resources available at the time. Usually there are. Support is fast and helpful.

There's been some serious issues with san crashing everything in London last year. I had a recent backup, others were not so lucky. They did give me a full compensation for the downtime. There's been some minor issues too. Daily backups have not been working properly in some locations. After upgrading or downgrading the machine doesn't always come back after reboot so I have to contact support. That's the only problems I've experienced though and I would recommend them.

I remember you were saying that you wouldn't recommend them again!?? ;)

No, I didn't say that.

This is what I said:

They have some impressive features and I hope they will get their act together soon. I would advice anyone considering vps.net to wait a few months atleast. Maybe they have sorted out their issues by then.

And:

To clarify, my overall experience with vps.net has been good during the last 8 months I've been with them. This incident was obviously not so good. But most hosts run into some kind of problems from time to time. We've had power outages here at ThePlanet and other issues in the past.

I have received a SLA credit for this and I think they've done what they could to resolve the problem.

@TSO,
I believe eSupun is talking about this one:
http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2234549
But anyway, at that point, Peo was telling people at that point to wait for a few month before purchase at vps.net at that time.
So I think it means, at that time, not recommended. But if after a few months later, if vps.net ok again, then only purchase from vps.net again.

@eSupun,
I think Peo's reply in this thread, is to inform us that a few months observing period is over and vps.net's quality is acceptable at this point.

So conclusion, just some misunderstanding.
So peace, no war
:)

@TSO,
But anyway, at that point, Peo was telling people at that point to wait for a few month before purchase at vps.net at that time.
So I think it means, at that time, not recommended. But if after a few months later, if vps.net ok again, then only purchase from vps.net again.

@eSupun,
I think Peo's reply in this thread, is to inform us that a few months observing period is over and vps.net's quality is acceptable at this point.

So peace, no war

CS Squad, that's the post Peo already shared himself, here in this thread. :rolleyes: And there is no war. WTF?

@TSO,

@eSupun,

So peace, no war
Make another music video plz. i liked the last one.

CS Squad, that's the post Peo already shared himself, here in this thread. :rolleyes: And there is no war. WTF?

That's why I didn't even bothered to reply to this thread. :p
Anyway thanks CS Squad for talking for me. :)

War? What are you talking about? :confused4:
I am sleeping on peace!

Last edited:
If I were you, I'd better compare it with other reliable hosts because the hosting market is becoming more and more competitive.

Back