• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

we're working on it d(^.^)b

notnamed... A domain is just an alias for a website's particular IP address, to put it simply. Read RFC 1034 and 1035 if you want to get in depth :)

and sir alex... while your question was lovingly answered, mine was not. enough of this "niceness" :devious2:

wow!!! its burrell!!!

k..., here it we can add dns domains to our subdomaisn but it is quite a painfull process, and we may require a small fee to do it :D, just j/k..., we can do it if we like you and we think very highly of you , arnt we nice ppl, but we do require fees to set up mysql databses for you, as we have to actaully pay extra for additional databases... but i think thats all..., oh and you may have to pay for addtional subdomains on your actuall account.... i think, need to discuss with masters about the payments first tho... anyways.... ummm, err,, hmmmmm.... bye ?

omg.. you've never believe what happened :( i got warned :eek: yah.. apparently moderator jan person thingy didn't take too nicely to me saying that critisism was good.. on some one elses thread. it seems that i'm not even allowed to post as a human being anymore.. *sniffle* just because i can host and they cant *bursts into floods of tears*

anyways. i think burrell answered your question.. but to be honest.. i have no idea. i just make things look pretty :D

and you know my thing about chinese sites that i was saying earlier? i changed my first post.. saying that they had to be in english..

meet tan green - our latest applicant: http://home.dqt.com.cn/~yj012/bbs/

he deserves to be shot -.O

---------------------------------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT QUESTION - yes, i do ask them on occassion
---------------------------------------------------------------------

is it possible to password protect folders within ftp itself? eg.. say on members.digital-bath.com there was a folder called _private. would it be possible to restrict access to that folder specifically? and need another password? or what.. i need help o_O

Last edited:
Look up htaccess password protection on Google, that'll give you a better tutorial than I can.

And Gayo, I know what a domain is, but I explained what domain hosting is. I hope.

lol.. noooooO i didnt mean like that. i was talking about denying people from accessing / password protecting folders WITHIN ftp. so like.. you have two passwords - one to log on to the ftp thingymabobby and another to access a certain directory within that. mind you - i found an almost foolproof alternative.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not just create an FTP account that only has access to one folder? :confused2: I don't think I understand you.

erm.. how.. would you do that exactly.. i mean, our host has only allocated a certain amount of sub ftp accounts to us.. which has proven to be a bit of a problem. sooO.. we're looking into altenative methods :-|

If you have cPanel access, just create a FTP username with the same name as a directory. it SHOULD work.

Create resource confirmation

You are about to enable FTP sub-account.The recurrent fee for the rest of the billing period is $34.41.The recurrent fee for every subsequent billing period is $40.20.

INVOICE
RECURRENT Recurrent FTP sub-account (5/17/03 - 3/26/04) $34.41
TOTAL: $34.41

Yes, I agree with the additional charges
No, I dont want to create

pft.. that went down well.

o_O
o_O
What's your host again? You know, so I can avoid it...$40 for an FTP account?? I could have 4GB more bandwidth or 2GB more space for that!

..infinology..

but the thing is.. im actually really confuzzled about this.. and as proof - i just emailed tech support. see.. according to their 'additional options' advertised on the site itself, additional subdomains are charged at $3.35/mo. how that makes it to $40.20 i have no idea. i don't remember reading anything about only having a certain amount of sub ftp accounts.. i shall have to enquire into that o_O

-------------------------------------------------
added
------------------------------------------------

well would you look at that.. we just got a new applicant. its nice to see that we appeal to these kind of people. oh wait.. i can't say that. jan will probably be on my back again about being prejudice. oh well.. everyone to their own.

http://echelon.dyn.dhs.org/www.cpusa.org/article/static/511/_index_defaultpage.html

*gulp*

Last edited:
don't take jan's antics too personally. most good threadlockers are a bit overbearing, but that can be good. :)

and you never know... maybe she likes you and just wanted an excuse for a private message :D

ooO.. much more than a private message. it was an email :eek: very intimate if i do say so myself. and in all honesty.. why else would this be the thread with the most responses?!

..everyone wants to speak to meeeeeeeeeee ^.^

*and maybe notnamed.. but he doesnt really count :rolleyes:

English,.. not Chinese, Japanes, German or

are some people just think or stupid>?, cos i really cant tell the diffrence, weve gotton 40 applications for web hosting, all of which are from chinese websites. can they get any stupider?!. how many times do we have to tell them, ENGLISH SITES ONLY, i mean it doesnt take a genius to under stand ENGLISH ONLY, even if they are chinese, for god's sake get your acts together......

now now burrell.. calm yourself. what he means is.. they don't understand that hosting is not automated.. we actually have a say in who we host..

..and seriously guys - if you're gonna apply for hosting

site description: 'a165' 'very good site' and 'study' are not valid descriptions.

if you can't understand english, maybe you'll understand this.

/´¯)
,/¯ /
/ /
/´¯/' '/´¯¯·¸
/'/ / / /¨¨/¯\
('( ´ ´ ¯&; /'
\ ' /
'\' \ _.·´
\ (
\ \

STOP APPLYING

you're ruining the service for EVERYONE.

Originally posted by digital.bath

if you can't understand english, maybe you'll understand this.
Code:
                  /´¯) 
                ,/¯  / 
               /    / 
         /´¯/'   '/´¯¯·¸ 
      /'/    /    /    /¨¨/¯\ 
     ('(    ´    ´     ¯&; /' 
      \                 '     / 
       '\'   \           _.·´ 
         \              ( 
           \             \

. o O Who are these strange people?