• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

win 2003 servers

skulk

This is quite a stupid question, nevertheless. I tried vps hosting with linux, however it failed miserably because I basically have rubbish knowledge of linux and couldn't figure anything out, even with da installed. this kinda struck me as odd, as i could figure everything out if i signed up with a free host. However it suddenly struck me, vps/dedicated with win 2003, how does it work?
Would it be the same as remote access over a lan? As upload something and simply double click and install? any win software can be installed? irc or the like(assuming the server allows)? I gave myself 1 month to see if i could feel my way around the first vps, wondering if I should spend 5 times that and try with a win2k3 dedicated.

Thanks

With VPS on windows - you would use remote desktop to access the server(VPS).

Yes it would be like you are connecting to a lan pc.

Thanks,
Adam

Windows 2003 Virtual Servers are administered no differently than a dedicated window server.

The resources are different, obviously, however some Virtual Server offerings are approaching that of some low end dedicated offerings.

You would access the server using Remote Desktop and have local administrator rights to do whatever it is you wanted with the system as if it was in the room next door.

Back