• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

You have the right to...

Christopher

... make copies of programs (or video disks) that you legally own as a backup - right? But let's say that you make a backup of your game/program and you scratch the CD or break it some how, and you go to using the backuo you made - if you need to proove that you bought it legally, how do you? Are you supposed to keep the broken useless disk and the package forever?

yeah, you can legally keep backups of ANYTHING you have pruchased... as long as you don't sell it, you should be fine :)

Now how do you make backups? I have tried backing up vital disks for my system (like my drivers) and they always put some sort of seal against it and it says an "error."

I wouldn't mind backing up my games - I go to play Diablo 2 a couple of weeks ago (I wanted to play on the net - I was board) and it was scratched to hell...

Originally posted by Christopher
Now how do you make backups? I have tried backing up vital disks for my system (like my drivers) and they always put some sort of seal against it and it says an "error."

I wouldn't mind backing up my games - I go to play Diablo 2 a couple of weeks ago (I wanted to play on the net - I was board) and it was scratched to hell...
I have found the best way to fix scratched discs is to... as carefully as possible clean the disc with something really soft and a little bit of "breathe fog" then try and burn it, for some reason it works, and you have a brand new disc.

And no it is not legal to copy certain things, there are copyrights now that restrict any form of duplication!

Last edited:
Well in my example of Diablo 2, I think it is beyond fixing, it's not actually a scratch, it's almost in two pieces.

Back