• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

any cheap host for an iranian?

well, if were talking about stablity, then of course *nix system's will beat out windows, becasue it is only command line... and less memeory and cpu power is taken up because of that...

and correct me if i'm wrong, but don't you need apache to run php on a windows system? so you're saying that apache crashes on windows all the time?

Read the apache ducomentation...
they saying that Apache will work on windows....but only tested on NT and results wasnt that good...
they dont recomend to run apache on windows, only on *nix...
and im sure that they have a good reson for that.

Originally posted by vik13
and correct me if i'm wrong, but don't you need apache to run php on a windows system? so you're saying that apache crashes on windows all the time?
That's wrong, you can run PHP through IIS or PWS

I spoke to the guys at Perpetual Hosting and they were really good. They helped me register bballfreak.com and brilliances.com. WIth bballfreak.com, I'm getting their $35 a year special (100 megs :) ) but with brilliances.com they said I could have that for free provided I put their banner up on my site and it was less than 25 megs. Maybe you should try and negotiate a deal with them.

Back