• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Anyone from Geekrack listening?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct, I started ignoring geekracks "proof" 10 threads ago.

So by your own admission, defending our point of view here is completely useless, and despite managerial changes and a serious rethink of our company policy, you wouldn't be prepared to give geekrack a second chance ? I have to say that when I took on this task I had hoped that the members of this community would approach my efforts with a more open mind ? :tired2:

Geekrack is not going to 'pack up' and leave. We ARE sorting our 'crap' out as you so elegantly put it Jan. This issue with Decker is unfortunate, but I would beg of those members of the forum who have any respect for my views at all, to review this case properly and appreciate our predicament as well as decker's. I will be emailing decker to continue our progression to a satisfactory resolution in private - I feel this blood bath has gone long enough and I hope I can persuade you that a new geekrack will be a great improvement.

Hugo :)

Shequeita needs to fix this, No one else...
But again she will make the same mistake and want others like you to fix it..
Its not how a hosting company gets things done.
You can have 100s of staff but if you dont have the CEO fully in to it, you wont get anywhere..
Staff is never the "issue" its the mangers
It takes alot of time to manage staff alone, without even doing anything client side...
This hasnt been done and the result of it is about 20 threads on FWS alone....

Hiring someone else to fix the issue with the hired support staff isnt going to fix anything.
Also, If It was me "fixing it" I wouldnt expect others to say "OH wow its all good now"
I would understand it takes time to build a bad rep in to a good rep and work on it.
I dont give a ---- who it is running/helping run the company fact is to date its been crap and until you guys prove your self worthy of other thoughts it will remain "crap" in everyones eyes.

If you think you can fix it, You need to first understand that very basic logic.. If you dont even understand that.. Give up now, Your not the person for the job...

Last edited:
Hiring someone else to fix the issue with the hired support staff isnt going to fix anything.
Also, If It was me "fixing it" I wouldnt expect others to say "OH wow its all good now"
I would understand it takes time to build a bad rep in to a good rep and work on it.
I dont give a ---- who it is running/helping run the company fact is to date its been crap and until you guys prove your self worthy of other thoughts it will remain "crap" in everyones eyes.

If you think you can fix it, You need to first understand that very basic logic.. If you dont even understand that.. Give up now, Your not the person for the job...

I was not suggesting that you should change your opinions of Geekrack over night. Nor was I suggesting that any of Shequeita, Justin, Stephen, myself or others could single handedly turn the rep around overnight. I was merely suggesting that together (obviously with a hands on approach from Shequeita as well ;) Thats not in question) we could improve geekrack's track record.

I went on to question whether (/ request that) members of this community would approach this change with a sufficiently open mind to give us a second chance IF we earn it.

Thats all I have to say. Time will tell whether any of us at geekrack are the 'right people for the job'.

Hugo

Last edited:
Time will tell
Indeed it will.
You guys turned deckers simple issues in to a massive OMG issue...
If that hadnt happend and it had not have taken 10 ppl to search through ---- just to say its his fault 5 days later, Well you get what I mean..
You wrote lenghy posts but it only said one thing really
ITS YOUR FAULT DECKER

Anyway, I have a open mind and also like to say what I think.
Iv said what I think, Others are with my views so...
yea. Good luck I do hope it works out ;)

Last edited:
Sorry for not being able to answer yesterday, the wife said if I got out of bed she would kill me as another day of this would have anyway - don't understand thepoint of the irony in that one.

Shequeita, on your 3 points made.

1. Accounts - I have 1;
Number of Hosting Accounts0
Number of Reseller Accounts0
Number of Dedicated/VPS Servers1
Number of Other Products/Services0
Number of Domains0
Number of Affiliate Signups0
by accounts I mean accounts with the company, not individual packages (which shows one only - for the VPS with hostname highland.scotia-it.com, and as we know two systems cannot hold the same hostname as this would throw a DNS resolution wobbler), so okay that usage may have been misconstrued.

You are correct, your delay in payment is what allowed them to terminate this account. You where due on the 6th you made payment on the 8th. Or is this incorrect as well?
Against the NYNOC TOS.
Service(s) to accounts over due past 2 days will be put on hold and will lead to disruption of service
I have admitted more than once I was late and quoted the dates, but it falls inside the 'suspended' time period and would not have went into the 'terminate' time period if the critical level ticket had been responded to in a timely fashion.

3. Hugo did indeed offer and it was gratefully received and is still the most help we've had so far, in fact the only help (it is appreciated mate, but this is getting me so angry I'm afraid I took out part of it on you, not intentionally nor should you take it personally).

In short are you afraid to say the account was terminated and the data is gone due to, using your own words, "an obscenely amount of time" to respond to a critical severity problem? As you know this would mean accepting responsibility for loses regardless of how your TOS is worded.

I still require the same answer as asked many times, is the data available?

You could have updated the ticket as easy as posting here, still last update 12 Apr 2008 02:34 AM and tried to resolve this, as I've stated I was forced to bring it public due to no response, and now the gates open so in your own interest it would be best resolved amicably in public rather than leave it hanging and open to guesses.

I have later today & tommorow several meetings with clients who want to know how we are to repay them for lost revenue, the largest one later today. This is going to cost us very much more dearly that 'waived fees'.

AMC & MCT - if I shouted at you my apologies, it was aimed at the angry taget at GR not at you personally.

Last edited:
Seems Decker never has any luck with servers/VPS :p (not a laughing matter but you get my point ;).....If you want a server Decker I'll supply you one free in our Manchester facility till you get back on your feet, just send us a PM if you require it :)

Man what a thread and what Drama.
I feel bad for Decker. And I know what stress can do to a person.

My suggestion. Delete your notification for this thread call it a day.
Go out for dinner with your Wife. Remember why you are "In Love" With her.
And see what is really important in your life.

And I guarantee it is not GR it is not the money and it is not the lost data.

The real loss would be the ones you Love.

tumble

Basically had a bad result, good guy put on the firing line to tell me, and I've sent a final (hopefully) on this, to get a resolve on the situation.

Data - gone.

Tumble I appreciate it - but love also goes out the window when your hounded for bad business, your local area says your crap, and those that are not even in the market for services sneer.

Craig, I never thought I'd say it - but I bet you'd grow a crap beard. (if you can sort a VPS for a couple of weeks :) happy bunny and I might destroy some of those documents.)

Trying to keep sane - Rickie

Rickie, Just trying to pitch in and help, I have a dedicated untill the end of the month that i dont use, i would be happy to let you use it since you have helped me out in the past.

You know where i am if you need me :lol:

Cheers mate, but again it's the transitional part that matters, getting it up and running full time counts more.

I mean a full dedi decker, if your happy to sort your own cp licenses I'll supply it, send us a PM with what you need OS wise, hostname etc etc & I'll have it loaded tomorrow.

Cheers

WTF am I saying - anyone got a home for my orphans?

Just chucked over £1500 today so the biz account is blown.

Can't even process $1 Craig it all went out of the accounts and it'll take the usual GB and banks 3-10 days to transfer back in, out of my own pocket again.
So cPanel yeh love it...

Decker, you can use my server free cpanel the lot ect.

Shoot me a pm mate!

Ps servers online till june now, so your free to use it till then if you wish, only my personall snp site on it :p

After an hour of reading.. all I think I am gonna say is WOW! I could say a lot more but I think it's for the best that I don't :)

Well when you can't contact the person who is suppose to be your boss and you have no access to do the job your suppose to.... I would say no?

I had agreed to help train some of her tech support employees, but not having access to anything makes it very hard to do so!

It's okay though because in the end it all worked out for the best as my personal hosting company has taken off rather well. Some of her clients that I had helped a lot on messenger or by personal email are now my clients.

I have been screwed over before on my hosting/servers and I know how much of a pain it can be and to those of you affected by this I am truly sorry. I will not be apart of it! Officially I haven't been in contact with her to tell her I quit. Not that it matters much as everything is falling apart for her it seems.

Once again I am sorry to those who have been burdened by this.

Data - gone.

I have to chip in on this thread.

OK, Well if your being told that your data's gone, then that's really not good enough. If someone lost my data like that then I would be filing a lawsuit...

Also, I'm going to chip in on the offers ;)

I have a server specifically for cPanel VPS's being put online today or tomorrow that I could give you a free VPS off for a month or so, And I would be happy to pay for the cPanel license :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back