• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Anyone from Geekrack listening?

Status
Not open for further replies.
in other words, i HAVE access to all the tickets, and i HAVE access to do anything needed for any account. also, there is a direct support number posted on my MSN, so, that is why i said to check my MSN to get my number and extension so i could help him.

at this point, if Shequeita is helping him though, then i am going to just have her finish helping him since she only knows all she has done as of yet.

Thanks MCT, but, I stated I don't use I.M.'s so wouldn't see the number on your MSN. If it's the same as the 'office' number is there any chance anyone would answer? 24/7/365 is stated but does that refer to manning the phone too? (and you really don't want me calling live right now)
If you can see the tickets why would a critical be left so long without any response, even just to say "we remeber your here, I'll try and chase up an answer"? - just look for a critical aged ticket with VPS GONE! in the title, if there's more than 1 I don't want to be told!
Unfortunately Shequeita's last action was to post here, as far as I'm aware nothing more has been done, if it has that info's not been passed on.

i normally answer mine every time. it is the same as the line posted on the site, but, i am extension 8462, but, as said before, if she is working on it, i dont want to pull the ticket from her. i will get in touch with her and see what is going on. Rick, i am truly sorry for your problem, and i will get back to you soon.

Let me clear a few things up here. Since i have not spoken to Decker as of yet. Your vps was stilled housed in TheNyNoc from a few months back when we moved from the DC. I contacted you and advised you of the move and that we would create your vps on our new node and move all data as well. We made all the move for you and you advised us that you where having issues with your domain registrar and making the required changes.

That wasnt a problem so we left both vps running for you for a period of about a month and a half or so and the change still was not made. This billing period you ended up making the payment on the account late in which TheNYNoc pulled the vps from the node. You where late, and the amount of time that they allow isnt to great as we both know from past experience.

I would be happy to create your vps for you on our new node and get you back online. As i stated before contact my via email or ticket system and we can get this sorted for you.

Hello Decker,

Sorry to here this happened... That about sums up the company, when 2 reports of bad dealings come in then a respected member has these issues.

Would recommend all GeekRack staff stop posting on these boards (offers that is) until the company is correctly running, your simply damaging your name, your reputation and hurting clients.

Hello Decker,

Sorry to here this happened... That about sums up the company, when 2 reports of bad dealings come in then a respected member has these issues.

Would recommend all GeekRack staff stop posting on these boards (offers that is) until the company is correctly running, your simply damaging your name, your reputation and hurting clients.

i would recommend you learn to read entire threads ;)

most complaints have been caused due to client errors, not GR. granted there have been a couple, but, as Shequeita stated, this is something Rick actually messed up on. maybe there should have been a little better communication on both ends, but, it is not GR's job to chase down its clients and harras them about payment and making moving decisions.

Last edited:
Im sorry MTC, just have to say if that was the true problem on the 11th why wasnt that mentioned and this thread stopped the first second, instead after 3 days the excuse oh this is the clients fault... Seems upsetting.

Im sorry MTC, just have to say if that was the true problem on the 11th why wasnt that mentioned and this thread stopped the first second, instead after 3 days the excuse oh this is the clients fault... Seems upsetting.

I have to agree with LSC, the lack of communication on this issue is quite alarming, since he was paying GR for the server, common courtesy (at the least) dictates that you would keep him informed of certain things..a simple email reminding him he hadn't moved over yet, and after receiving late payment to remind him of the DC's policy on it..

This situation was just very poorly handled, which seems to be an ongoing theme with GR right now, it's unfortunate, I thought there was potential too.

i was gone all weekend, and no one called me. i took the weekend off for my b-day. and there are plenty of other capable staff members. if they were contacted, i dont know. but, the problem that Decker is referring to was not something GR is responsible for. we are not here to pay for his VPS, no matter how much i like Decker. Just cause i think he is a cool guy doesnt mean we will pay for his hosting. and when he doesnt tell us what is going on with his domain problem and if we are supposed to switch him to the new node or not, there is not much else we can do. i am more than happy to put him on the new node if that is what his wishes are, but, he will need to contact Shequeita or me on this matter, and it will be promptly taken care of.

I have to agree with LSC, the lack of communication on this issue is quite alarming, since he was paying GR for the server, common courtesy (at the least) dictates that you would keep him informed of certain things..a simple email reminding him he hadn't moved over yet, and after receiving late payment to remind him of the DC's policy on it..

This situation was just very poorly handled, which seems to be an ongoing theme with GR right now, it's unfortunate, I thought there was potential too.

did you not read the other posts either?
he hadnt paid for it, and that is why it was shut off. he was informed that it would be shut off for non payment if it was not paid by a certain day. so, TheNYNoc turned him off, not GR.

MTC,

You have how many guys with fancy tags and no one was around to see an uprising? I'm sorry, I work for companies smaller and larger then GeekRack and I check the system/my emails even on days I'm off..

Your in a hosting market, theres no such thing as time off, things happen at any time, there should have been someone there, or some sort of email relay to say an critical ticket was created.

The fact is there was a large delay over 14 days as Decker stated till today when we get "OH, I told you this and you didn't do it" when that could have been said 3 days ago or better yet, 14 days ago had a proper email saying you were terminated for no payment.

The fact is there seems to be no interest in supporting clients. I have nothing against any of you, just upset to see an micro-manager style company running.. Which you cannot have in an hosting industry.

LS, i understand what you are saying about not having time off, but, when there are people capable of handling issues, i am able to do that. as a matter of fact, i even did answer my support line the three times it rang, on my birthday. i didnt not know if this thread till the 12th, and with the people we still have, i knew it was being handled. just cause we dont respond to every thread every time doesnt mean we arent doing something about it. also, since this was something that technically was Deckers fault, and it was said that Shequeita was working on it with him, i assumed it was handled till i talked to her this morning. so, there is no need to try and attack me here.

there is a high interest in supporting clients, but, fact was, Rick didnt pay, and got canceled, so, technically wasnt a customer until he decides to get moved to the new node, or not.

and believe me, i check emails on my days off too. i am constantly yelled at by my wife for doing so. ;)

Okay I'll clear up the latest post first.

he hadnt paid for it, and that is why it was shut off. he was informed that it would be shut off for non payment if it was not paid by a certain day. so, TheNYNoc turned him off, not GR.

I admitted I was a day late in returning home and paying the invoice, I also initiated (now stopped) an echeque to credit the account for a month to prevent it happening again.
There was no communiction at all either from GR or the NOC to say it would be terminated or when.

The point not addressed either in the ticket raised nor here is this.

Knowing the VPS at the NOC was due to cease (one week to got) I had to work away from the office and one of my techs was to complete the move.

Unfortunately when he went to do so cPanel had already had the license cancelled from and including the 1st April 2008 (invoice Due Date: 04/06/2008).

I returned to find oit couldn't be completed paid the invoice first and logged the ticket as by now the VPS (and the node it was on) had gone completely.

I stated that the minimum was to get it back on so I could pull account backups then I would have completed the move from there but this was not done and the first communication was from a now fired (apparently) sales person 1 1/2 days later (the question asked for the VPS ID when the IP was the first thing stated on the ticket).

On chasing Shequeita then asked the same basic question 2 1/2 days after ticket opening.

On raising a PP dispute then almost 4 days later Stephen responded;
I am looking into this in regards to vps that you had out in the prior location at TheNyNoc. More than likely they canceled the VPS early from what i am seeing.

Now what I'm seeing is that even damage limitation has been abandoned.

The 'other' VPS was unused as I could not carry out a seemless move due to circumstances outwith my control, although I did receive a 'suspended' email due to this VPS using 400% of the available CPU (strange in itself), which I queried obviously to find out it wasn't that VPS but the way GR's virtulisation was setup - although the VPS did get suspended anyway.

I'll copy all this to the ticket if you like but I have been informed that when a client updates a ticket it goes to the bottom of the pile, never a good idea.

Hey,

Justin, to be honest when I was sat on live chat for all those long hours, there was a maximum of 3 people online & checking tickets. Two of which were sales staff. Most of the time single techs are left to work on most of the tickets.

I reckon you'd do better timetabling your team so that the support is more efficient and all these threads stop. But something does need to be done about the levels of support.

I hope that your issue gets fully resolved for you Decker. GeekRack are a good company managerial wise, every company has it's small downturn. Do not let this put you off them.

did you not read the other posts either?

Yes, I read the posts. Did you? I don't think you did..I think you read your post, but I don't think you have seen the others..

Decker clearly stated he did miss the payment and it was a bit late, he iterated this AGAIN for you. A day late payment isn't really that bad especially when it is a rare occurrence from a usually prompt client; most decent companies have something called leeway.

I don't want to start bashing here, but it honestly seems, from my perspective, that GR is all too willing to try and place the blame in the hands of the clients; and handling issues very poorly.

I don't know what needs to be done precisely, but I think you might need to fix your staffing, since it seems that the support system and the handling is going awry...much like in a massive corporation where the departments don't talk...except you guys are way smaller...you shouldn't be having this problem.

And Decker..good luck, from what it sounds like, I don't think you'll be likely to see a backup unless GR has one...it sounds like NyNoc isn't too great either, and has probably deleted the data by now.

Sorry to hear about your problems Decker. This has been an interesting thread to follow.

Hopefully GeekRack will make this situation right. There is little to no excuse in my mind to take so long in getting an answer back. If the answer was as simple as "payment issue", you should have known in a few hours to a day, max. That shouldn't be a hard issue to track down, I wouldn't think.

Anyway, thanks for posting this and I hope that things get sorted out and made right.

Sorry to hear about your problems Decker. This has been an interesting thread to follow.

Hopefully GeekRack will make this situation right. There is little to no excuse in my mind to take so long in getting an answer back. If the answer was as simple as "payment issue", you should have known in a few hours to a day, max. That shouldn't be a hard issue to track down, I wouldn't think.

Anyway, thanks for posting this and I hope that things get sorted out and made right.

One would also assume that reminders for payment would also be in the companies best interest...

BTW: 1000 :)

Thanks for the support folks, it's really appreciated.

I want to see 2 things out of this.

1. I get my data back & the chance to ensure it is completely cleaned from that system, I've had a system handed over with previous clients data on it before and I never leave my clients info on a system when moving it.

2. GR and other hosts don't make this cock-up again.

Payment reminders are not a problem, but I did get delayed working with a client for just over a day more than I should have been there, hence me being late. Can't just walk away and leave a client hanging can you?

Payment reminders for invoice due 6th April
Invoice generated - 23rd March
Reminder - 26th March
Reminder - 30th March

There has been some communication since posting (by someone prepared to actually provide that mythical thing called support liasing for me with those that won't with me directly - my thanks to them for that) but nothing that has cheered me up so far.
Referring to the NYNOC's T&C's rather than they're own. Who did I have a contract with again?

The kicker;
So due 6th April, paid 8th April - T&C's (both GR & NYNOC which are strangely similar now I've had to refer to them both) say "Service(s) to accounts over due past 2 days will be put on hold and will lead to disruption of service" - simple math not more than 2 days overdue, paid on the second so equal to but not more than.

Last edited:
3 1/2 days now since the last ticket update *sigh*
PP now moved from dispute to claim *sigh*

I still can't see what would be difficult about resolving this without incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back