• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Bye Bye Trexhost.com

3) It has been verified on this forum as well as WHT that we are not stealing clients.

When was it verified that it isn't stealing over here? Also point us to the WHT thread...

It hasn't been proven over here that you aren't stealing clients, it is proving that you ARE.

Michael, I think that now you have to prove everyone all things you have mentoied.
As for me your #4 answer sounds very unprofessional

1) We didn't/don't require the users come to us. They are more than welcome to make their own backups.

2) We ask for client data because not all of our staff have root server access at TrexHost.

3) It has been verified on this forum as well as WHT that we are not stealing clients.

4) I may not have "authority", however, had I said nothing, thousands of websites would have gone down with no warning, no backups, nothing.

1. Your approach in the first place is misleading to clients.
2. None of your staff should have root access at trexhost under the circumstances, but if any do they should handle any transfers not just throw accounts at anyone. Any professional would arrange a migration procedure.
3. O RLY! - when and where did this happen.
4. And that's where you blew it completely - trexhost could now consider legal action against yourself and company.

2) We ask for client data because not all of our staff have root server access at TrexHost.

In my opinion, If you don't have enough access to login to each customers account and transfer the data for them, Then you have no authority shutting down the company. This is really fishy...

I don't entirely know what Michael is up to, so I am not really going to take a side on this issue. Seems to me that a webhost he formerly worked for is inevitably shutting down around him, and he wants to ensure that clients he worked with, are taken care of at his new host. I don't see anything wrong with that. He's not stealing clients, because the owner of the company is some kid who isn't paying his bills. If my partner decided to disappear and take all trace of Comfy with him, I would certainly urge my clients to continue to work with me.

Skylar, please stop trying to steal clients and make this situation sound much worse then it is. I know you're just going to keep coming back, saying how bad Michael is, when you don't even know what's going on. You're doing it here, and I see you do it at every chance you can in other threads. I can admit that this was a tactic I practiced in my earlier years in the business, but it is not an ethical move and if a client thinks that your web host is superior, then he or she will find you through a hosting request.

It is a sad day, when I found out that Trexhost.com was closing I was shocked. When I was with them they were a very well formed company who had everything planned. There was some problems which arose with James with jeopardized the whole business. I respect what Michael has gone through. With James away he was left to the run the place single handed, it was hard and damn I couldn't of done it.

Skylar, please stop trying to steal clients and make this situation sound much worse then it is. I know you're just going to keep coming back, saying how bad Michael is, when you don't even know what's going on. You're doing it here, and I see you do it at every chance you can in other threads. I can admit that this was a tactic I practiced in my earlier years in the business, but it is not an ethical move and if a client thinks that your web host is superior, then he or she will find you through a hosting request.
I didn't want it to sound as if I was trying to steal clients, as that was not my goal. Sorry you have seen it as such. I never try to steal clients, I just try to be helpful.

Anyways it does seem rather fishy that he is "Closing" it down, and that the owner "dissapeared" -- if the host would be shutting down it would say as such on their main site.

Another thing I find a bit odd.. On the RisingNetwork's website... "Ashley , co-star of Disney Channel's "Suite Life of Zack and Cody" and "High School Musical""

they are stating she is a client? And they just opened? Ya right.

Their website isn't even complete. half of the links don't work, and the ones that do lead to blank pages.

Last edited:
Another thing I find a bit odd.. On the RisingNetwork's website... "Ashley , co-star of Disney Channel's "Suite Life of Zack and Cody" and "High School Musical""

LOL That's a load of crap... Her official website is hosted at ReadyHosting.com

EDIT: LOL, It looks like RisingNetWorks has stolen that wording off the bottom of ReadyHosting.com's homepage...

Michael, I think that now you have to prove everyone all things you have mentoied.
As for me your #4 answer sounds very unprofessional

I don't have to prove anything to anyone. You guys are impossible to talk to, and very immature. Net X Host and Skylar are battering me for no apparent reason. I do not care what ANY of you think because none of you know the details, and will not care unless you decide to give constructive criticism or ask questions rather than just jump to conclusions.

I am just letting you all know I will not be visiting this thread/forum anymore so say as you wish, I could honestly care less.

So shouldn't you guys edit TrexHost.com home page to let potential clients know that you guys will no longer exist? If you guys have the power to transfer accounts right on over to a new server can't you edit a simple page?

I'm really sorry to hear about the missing owner.

I don't have to prove anything to anyone. You guys are impossible to talk to, and very immature. Net X Host and Skylar are battering me for no apparent reason. I do not care what ANY of you think because none of you know the details, and will not care unless you decide to give constructive criticism or ask questions rather than just jump to conclusions.

I am just letting you all know I will not be visiting this thread/forum anymore so say as you wish, I could honestly care less.

I'm not battering you, I'm just pointing out the fact that you have gone and stolen another host's content...

I don't have to prove anything to anyone........ I could honestly care less.

That tells me all I need to know, that and the fact that 2 very important questions Michael (who ironically still signs in as "TrexMichael") never did attempt to address.

http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showpost.php?p=956149&postcount=18

3. Client databases are easy to steal - hence making it easy to send bulk email

and

5. And most importantly - what authority does Michael Hobgood now have to state for and on behalf of Trexhost.com

So I can only conclude that 'they' (RisingWebWorks.com) did, in fact, steal Trexhosts client DB, and they do not have the authority to make such a claim about Trexhost.

Even if James could only afford a crappy lawyer he'd still own their shoes at the end of the day as this would not be a difficult case to prove.

Thanks for the laugh. I can honestly say that it looks to me that he is actually stealing the clients. I wouldnt be surprised...

Excuse Me?

First of all....

Mike, please watch yourself as I will pay for James lawers myself!

the following are plain and simple, stating that people are immature because they are pissed off makes you more immature than them, I will also promise you that your RisingWebWorks.com will NOT go anywhere! Period! I will spend Day and Night posting everywhere and make sure of that!

If you were so concerned about trex host customers your first priority would to assist them at backing up their files and at least posting on the site that there is the potential for a shut down, also giving new sign-ups the chance to walk away.. wonder how many people have paid and now?

are you taking that money too?

I actually would have prob moved with you if you would have handled yourself more professionally. you did it WRONG... Shame on you and watch out!
say good bye, don't think just because this is the internet that you can do what you are doing and get away with it, it's going to bend you over and **ck you good.

I think everyone at least deserves the chance to get their stuff off of the servers,,, now I have to hunt you down.

Seems users on both WHT and FWS have the same feeling about this. They way that you handled the situation i believe is what is sparking users questions. And your inability to answer then professionally speaks volumes too..

Back