• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Dead MP3 Player

If you go to Best Buy over to their geek squad (the techs) they might loan you a screw driver to unscrew everything on the spot there if they're nice. Or you can also try the Wireless department where PDAs are. If you show up at a non-busy day they might help you out too. We've done something similar for a customer who wanted to unscrew a PDA. We happened to have the tools in our department and helped him out as we were bored anyway.

But anyways, as I've said, my 96kbps WMA's sound just fine. And I use the PDA's software as well to do other stuff so for me (and I would suppose most people who also have a need or want to use PDA features) that would make more sense than a pure mp3 player.

It's quite simple, if you're using a lossy format it is most certainly NOT CD quality, even if your ears can't tell the difference. The only way to get CD quality sound is to use FLAC, SHN, WAV, or another lossless format.

Using a high quality VBR, I can can get close to cd quality with MY ears. Using anything lower and I can tell the difference. Hell, even on some CDs I can hear distortions.

it was a long rant about sony's atrac compression and my dilema wich LP4 is what kbps :p

Well if your ears can't tell the difference then it shouldn't matter what bitrate it is. If yours can you must be quite talented and I guess it won't suffice for you, but if one's ears cant tell the difference between a CD and a 96kbps file then it matters not.

Conscript said:
It is to me.
Too bad that doesn't matter.
If it's a lossy format, it's automatically NOT cd-quality. Your ears don't make difference, it's the actual file.

who cares if its not cd-quality

some kid on the street: "HAHA, your not listening to cd-quality!!!"
---- that

If you'r listening thru crappy 10$ earphones you dont need a 320 bitrate
If you'r listening thru a 3000$ sound system, you do need 320 bitrate

Wojtek said:
who cares if its not cd-quality

some kid on the street: "HAHA, your not listening to cd-quality!!!"
---- that

If you'r listening thru crappy 10$ earphones you dont need a 320 bitrate
If you'r listening thru a 3000$ sound system, you do need 320 bitrate

Where do I say that? You might try reading my posts and actually try to UNDERSTAND what I'm saying. :rolleyes2

I'm just saying that if it's lossy then it's NOT and CAN'T be considered cd-quality. Saying that 96kb/s or even 320kb/s is cd-quality is pure bullshit.

I couldn't care less what bitrate you listen to, or what sounds good to your ears.

I'm too lazy to reencode everything to WMA to transfer to my CD player. I just drag and drop my mp3s and voila. No need to waste time fiddling with converting and compressing mp3s.

Maybe I was just hallucinating, but my mp3 player just started working for a minute. I turned it off to see if it would happen again - and wouldn't you know it, it didn't.

It properly displayed the right amount of tracks (files) and folders... so it works and doesn't...

Pocket PCs play mp3's too. I am not sure how big they are though in comparison to WMAs, so you'd have to figure out for yourself how much music can 1GB store in mp3.

I prefer WMA 96kbps because its small, like I said 25-30MB for a whole album, and I was able to get Windows Media Player to rip CDs in that format automatically (and create the folder, plus name the files all automatically). So its just conveniant for me.

Back