• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Feb 1, 2019, the world is scheduled to end....

This is BS, you can't really calculate how the earth/astriod will move at that time. Who gives about this!!!! Also this astriod my not do anything and just land on the ocean creating a new contininent. AHAH! :biggrin2:

Last edited:
Dragonlordgod said:
This is BS, you can't really calculate how the earth/astriod will move at that time.
Did you fail mechanics? :confused:

There's always a fudge factor but that's why they have a constant for chance.

Dragonlordgod said:
Also this astriod my not do anything and just land on the ocean creating a new contininent. AHAH! :biggrin2:

And flood everything within 200 miles of the ocean? Or melt the polar ice caps? Or both?

Millions will die if it did hit Earth.

The asteroid in question was determined quite some time back to not come anywhere near earth. When alot of asteroids are spotted, rumors immediatly surface that it's on a path to impact with earth. It's completely false and the rumor should be discarded. The asteroid in that picture is quite a bit larger then the one being mentioned. Regardless the one they are refering to wouldn't just kill millions of people, it would obliterate life on the planet. The after effects are more tremendous then the actual impact. One other thing is, sending nukes to it would be pointless because they would have virtually no effect on it. It would be travelling at 50,000 miles per hour. If anything you would knock pieces off it and inevitably spread the impact.

Last edited:
Like fly all the important people to the moon to start a new colony?

P.S. If your sig hit anything, it would cause a bit of destruction. Read the rules, 4 lines only.

BC200 said:
But...If the astroid hits earth, there's always a way to prevent it. NASA has many strategies.
Kinda late if the "astroid" has already hit the earth.

I'm no expert, but what formula do i use to calculate the impact date of an asteroid. It's so unbelievably hard. I've been stuck figuring this out for the past few days. Can someone help?

What i have so far is:

Year_of_impact = (velocity * distance) + ppl on earth

any feedback? anyone? hello? :)

Meksilon said:
That's what the moon is for, it protects us from these "threats".

actually, the moon is a threat.

it's slowly reducing the speed at which our planet revolves, so sometime from now, we'll be having 48 hour days D:

2bizzy said:
I'm no expert, but what formula do i use to calculate the impact date of an asteroid. It's so unbelievably hard. I've been stuck figuring this out for the past few days. Can someone help?

What i have so far is:

Year_of_impact = (velocity * distance) + ppl on earth

any feedback? anyone? hello? :)
This is why we have NASA...

tandoc said:
actually, the moon is a threat.

it's slowly reducing the speed at which our planet revolves, so sometime from now, we'll be having 48 hour days D:
No worries, it'll be leaving us soon.

Like I said before. Asteroid, or no asteroid, we will all be leaving this Earth at one point or another and there isn't nothing no one can do.

Last edited:
Back