• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Geekrack.net - Utter Rubbish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because a site is getting ddosed doesn't mean it aint secure, not that long ago FWS was ddosed over a period of time is FWS insecure ?

Theres only so much you can do!

FFS, So now i have lost 3 sites in one night because of GR =[

Hope this gets fixed asap and the fact that we have to pay $50, wells thats still a piss take.

Jordan, if you took precautions on server setup and installed precautionary software, you would still have an perational site, it would take a while to load but u would still have it...

Besides, yeh that's a fair few sites down i guess

You havent lose anything..... The server is under heavy DDOS

and thorny knows who is doing it as per your conversation with me on MSN ;)

Pretty sure the site is down atm. The site can't be reached right now from the US, Canada, or Europe.

I believe the OP has a valid point. Because of the way that GeekRack has decided to do business, it is not the responsibility of the client to track down who you are reselling from and to deal with them. In a previous thread the owner of GeekRack was upset that the client had gone to burst to ask about a support ticket; well this is the same coin. If you don't expect your clients to go to Burst for support then why should they be responsible for reading Burst's TOS when they signed a contract with you (GeekRack). It is an oversight in terms of GeekRack's TOS and so it must be dealt properly.

And the support thing...I believe it was also touched on previously heh. GeekRack has an abundance of sales reps whom I assume all have access to support; however, I believe very few of them have any power in dealing with Burst and there is where the problem lies. It seems all the issues are coming from a disconnect between GeekRack's dedicated server customers and GeekRack's ability to meet support because of an awkward reseller setup. I could be entirely wrong about the situation in which case simply regard what I just typed as a useless story :).

I hope you get this sorted out and get your server(s) back online!

Regards,

Tang

You know who's doing the DDOS?

Then say who it is...

I doubt a professionally maintained server would be brought down because of some kiddie DDOS.

This topic is getting way out of hand, but you were anyway :)

UltimA - WarezScene.org says:

GeekRack is down due a DDoS attack. How do I know? I'm doing it.

There James.

Pretty sure the site is down atm. The site can't be reached right now from the US, Canada, or Europe.

I believe the OP has a valid point. Because of the way that GeekRack has decided to do business, it is not the responsibility of the client to track down who you are reselling from and to deal with them. In a previous thread the owner of GeekRack was upset that the client had gone to burst to ask about a support ticket; well this is the same coin. If you don't expect your clients to go to Burst for support then why should they be responsible for reading Burst's TOS when they signed a contract with you (GeekRack). It is an oversight in terms of GeekRack's TOS and so it must be dealt properly.

And the support thing...I believe it was also touched on previously heh. GeekRack has an abundance of sales reps whom I assume all have access to support; however, I believe very few of them have any power in dealing with Burst and there is where the problem lies. It seems all the issues are coming from a disconnect between GeekRack's dedicated server customers and GeekRack's ability to meet support because of an awkward reseller setup. I could be entirely wrong about the situation in which case simply regard what I just typed as a useless story :).

I hope you get this sorted out and get your server(s) back online!

Regards,

Tang

I am glad that someone agrees with us. :beer:

Lets again get some facts straight here. This is the second time this server has been removed from the network due to PayPal. Bank Of America phising sites and several other complaints. The first complaint the server was removed from the network, we actually waived the fee and got the server put back online. He was advised then of the fee and also in the second email that was sent out.

As i told you via msn and live ticket and all of your friends that have messaged me via MSN. It will not be re-instated without payment. The allegation that you didnt know about the fee this time is laughable.

Lets again get some facts straight here. This is the second time this server has been removed from the network due to PayPal. Bank Of America phising sites and several other complaints. The first complaint the server was removed from the network, we actually waived the fee and got the server put back online. He was advised then of the fee and also in the second email that was sent out.

As i told you via msn and live ticket and all of your friends that have messaged me via MSN. It will not be re-instated without payment. The allegation that you didnt know about the fee this time is laughable.

Any comment about the site She...Shenq...Shequ....GeekRack?

But if your TOS did indeed never say anything about a $50 fee for reactivation then technically the OP was in the right the first time around. However, if you moved to adjust your TOS after the first instance and notified your customers of the TOS change, then I agree with you. Just as long as customers were notified of a TOS change, then everything is good because the host does reserve the right to change the TOS at any time (at least I hope you had that clause in your TOS; if you didn't then...I don't know what to say).

But if your TOS did indeed never say anything about a $50 fee for reactivation then technically the OP was in the right the first time around. However, if you moved to adjust your TOS after the first instance and notified your customers of the TOS change, then I agree with you. Just as long as customers were notified of a TOS change, then everything is good because the host does reserve the right to change the TOS at any time (at least I hope you had that clause in your TOS; if you didn't then...I don't know what to say).

I think it's actually irrelevant here if the client was explicitly told about the charge after the first issue. One would assume they would want to put in their ToS so they could point at it instead of having to waive the charge for the first time for every client, but in this case, he knew about it and had his server down before for seemingly the same reason. The fact that whomever it is refuses to post for him/herself seems to solidify the sketchiness of the situation.

Any comment about the site She...Shenq...Shequ....GeekRack?

As to our site, yes we did have some kiddies having script runs, no doubt probably related to this issue. However the server is now back online. Mark, you really gotta learn how to spell my name :D. Come on messenger i have a couple of questions for you...

As to our site, yes we did have some kiddies having script runs, no doubt probably related to this issue. However the server is now back online. Mark, you really gotta learn how to spell my name :D. Come on messenger i have a couple of questions for you...

Your main sites still down? I've worked with you in the past and you seem to be very good at support. I must say though this had to of been a bad ddos attack to take down your site. Do you have any info on the person behind it?

Yes, actually Richard we sure do, this is just our main site that is out at this time and not our main shared server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back