• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Geekrack.net - Utter Rubbish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, actually Richard we sure do, this is just our main site that is out at this time and not our main shared server.

Then actually you dont. If you did, the backup would have kicked in when your main site went down, and people would still be able to get to your site/support system.

LOL you just have all the answers dont you, do a whois on our domain you will notice that there are 2 seperate sets of nameservers listed for the domain. Hence there is a backup server in place, fortunately we were able to correct this issue before propagation started to occur.

I've been seeing a load of kickings given out recently aimed at hosts, GR being one getting more than a fair share of them. (and one of their x staff still carrying their initials confusing others)

Is it just me or does it seem a bit suspicious all these complaints, DDoS, and uninformed comments are flying around?

And I think even Richard would agree with me that ToS's are never exhaustive when published - usually by the time they're updated they're out of date again.

Nice Dual core server, I wish you didnt have that policy though, If you rly only get 24 hours I wont be moving, :( - To busy most of the time to have spam under control within 24 hours.
Id love the server though lol!
I suggest adding it to your TOS ASAP though, Save whiners like this having anything to whine about, that is of course... Untill they find a new hole :p
Good luck geekrack, Its been intersting watching you grow since you came here. :beer:

Thanks for the comments here guys, I am adding in a acceptable use policy on our site here shortly as well, hopefully preventing this in the near future.

We feel that in this instance, the client had sufficient knowledge of the fees associated with their server being suspended which is why we refuse to bring it back online without the fee being paid..

@CnR generally they send out the first notice and expect a response within 24 hours. From the time that you respond to it they are generally pretty awesome about giving you some time to figure out what the issue is or where its coming from.

What gets me is if 1 particular website on a server with say 100 other sites is doing naughty stuff, the whole server gets taken offline? Correct me if I am wrong but that's how I am reading it.

I would be seriously moving to another DC to be honest.

What gets me is if 1 particular website on a server with say 100 other sites is doing naughty stuff, the whole server gets taken offline? Correct me if I am wrong but that's how I am reading it.

Well. That is reason most hosts look down at Burst.Net (Where Geekrack resell from).

Yes, they are cheap. But look at it closely. A few months ago, they had HORRIBLE problems with packet loss, causing around 35% of packets sent from the servers to just disappear.

With dedicated servers, you really do get what you pay for. Burst have a horrible reputation for reliablity and stability.

Last edited:
but people like geekrack still resell from them. I can assume only for money? As they dont have their clients best interests at heart. :S

That's a bit of a statement there Richard, could be looked at as host bashing making that kind of accusation.

If a client rents a server it's up to them to police it, right, unless they pay for that service (or it's thrown in for free, yeh right!), so if the client can't police it properly the whole server has to go until they do get it sorted.

Agree with decker as always,
I just said the policy wasnt for me, didnt say it was wrong or anything.. Im not here to attack geekrack, always got along well with them in the past
But yeah
That is abit of a statment, as decker put it. lol

Last edited:
Pot calling kettle anyone ? :p But its true richard, all of us at Geekrack make a concious effort to put our clients first - it is unfair and untrue to suggest otherwise

If you think so... I have edited that out, as I see it could be interpreted as such. But it was not host bashing, just me not understanding why they resell for Burst.

PS: Some of you (AMC) seem to have taken it TOTALLY the wrong way. I was not saying ANYTHING about GR providing nothing but the best of support to their clients. I was just say, that Burst provide a shabby service, and GR resells for burst.

Hi Dan, this is actually standard business practice. Some DC's dont allow you time at all to resolve the issue prior to it being removed from the network. Some remove it immediately and ask questions later. It just depends on what datacenter you are working with.

@ Richard, your comments within this thread have said more than enough about who you really are and who you represent. Yes, Burst did have troubles with their network in the past but you show me one dc that hasn't..What behooves me is how you actually managed to take this topic as a oppurtunity to bash us as you see fit.

First you started off with the backup server, when the same could be asked of Galaxy when your shared server was down for how many hours was it again?

Then you go ahead and take a swipe at the DC that we use, when we all can do a bit of digging and remember your escapade with SaidCom right?

Burst has done nothing short of amazing to us, our relationship is growing and will continue to grow in the future.

Get used to seeing us around Richard. Despite your snide comments, and superior god complex, Geek Rack is here to stay ;)

Last edited:
Hi Dan, this is actually standard business practice. Some DC's dont allow you time at all to resolve the issue prior to it being removed from the network. Some remove it immediately and ask questions later. It just depends on what datacenter you are working with.

@ Richard, your comments within this thread have said more than enough about who you really are and who you represent. Yes, Burst did have troubles with their network in the past but you show me one dc that hasn't..What behooves me is how you actually managed to take this topic as a oppurtunity to bash us as you see fit.

First you started off with the backup server, when the same could be asked of Galaxy when your shared server was down for how many hours was it again?

Then you go ahead and take a swipe at the DC that we use, when we all can do a bit of digging and remember your escapade with SaidCom right?

Burst has done nothing short of amazing to us, our relationship is growing and will continue to grow in the future.

Get used to seeing us around Richard. Despite your snide comments, and superior god complex, Geek Rack is here to stay ;)

Glad you got everything sorted Shequita, come on MSN sometime and we can discuss what we were talking about yesterday.

Ok guys believe it or not this is what is at the bottom of there little e-mail that never comes to my e-mail box. Strange i use my Yahoo E-mail so not on my part.

Anyway here is what it says

Code:
*** We depend on our clients' assistance in these matters. Please note

that failure to respond to this notice, within 24 hours, may lead to a

$50.00 reactivation fee being charged to your account.

Ok now i would like to point out this part Please note that failure to respond to this notice Now i told her on MSN Messenger the following.

Code:
(9:41 AM) ? J?M?? G???: Sheq?
(9:54 AM) ? J?M?? G???: I got another phishing thing AGAIN
(9:54 AM) ? J?M?? G???: i am removing the whole account
(9:54 AM) ? J?M?? G???: ok?

This was me responding as soon as i received noticed the e-mail which i happened to notice in the WHMCS. So i did reply. and correct me if i am wrong here but it states if i do not respond but i did.

Now she is saying that we had to many reports, We did remove the account you guys may know him he deals with the site pspunderground.info, Well it was this guy which information was passed onto Paypal.

Also i took the liberty to screenshot there TOS 3 days before just in case she decided to change it.

I did know about the charges but she weaved them when i told her that i had deleted the account which is strange. Then i told her that the whole acount was removed and she is suspending it again.

1. your saying you responded after you received the email about the charge.
2. I think you've been told already that MSN is not a supoport route.
3. ref point 1. you then obviously knew that account was at fault bud did nothing till the notification of a charge came through.

Just some points to ponder - that and the fact one of you was messaged from the one doing the DDoS (apparently), that bit strikes me as particularly strange they would contact you and not try and rub it into someone at GR.

Right - about turn - bash the client time :lol:

Ok guys believe it or not this is what is at the bottom of there little e-mail that never comes to my e-mail box. Strange i use my Yahoo E-mail so not on my part.

Anyway here is what it says

Code:
*** We depend on our clients' assistance in these matters. Please note

that failure to respond to this notice, within 24 hours, may lead to a

$50.00 reactivation fee being charged to your account.

Ok now i would like to point out this part Please note that failure to respond to this notice Now i told her on MSN Messenger the following.

Code:
(9:41 AM) ? J?M?? G???: Sheq?
(9:54 AM) ? J?M?? G???: I got another phishing thing AGAIN
(9:54 AM) ? J?M?? G???: i am removing the whole account
(9:54 AM) ? J?M?? G???: ok?

This was me responding as soon as i received noticed the e-mail which i happened to notice in the WHMCS. So i did reply. and correct me if i am wrong here but it states if i do not respond but i did.

Now she is saying that we had to many reports, We did remove the account you guys may know him he deals with the site pspunderground.info, Well it was this guy which information was passed onto Paypal.

Also i took the liberty to screenshot there TOS 3 days before just in case she decided to change it.

I did know about the charges but she weaved them when i told her that i had deleted the account which is strange. Then i told her that the whole acount was removed and she is suspending it again.

support@geekrack.net says:
paypal@geekrack.net is where all payments are sent through
'- Diri says:
and what how long will this take.
'- Diri says:
to get back up
A few minutes actually
இ · i ¦ [ Ħ Tιι Đ JΛ Mι ιΣ G Ħ Tιι Đ ] ¦ i · says:
ok
'- Diri says:
Wow,
'- Diri says:
so u have control to put it online
'- Diri says:
.. ?
I sure do
'- Diri says:
Another thing, you never had this on your TOS, you agee with that yes? The fact that we had to pay $50 if the server/account was being reported . . . this was never mentioned in any part of your TOS at the time of when you took the server offline.
Correct, its not in the TOS however all of you where advised of the fee the first time the server was pulled offline
So you as well as Jaime knew about the fee
'- Diri says:
Indeed we were, but then i would have though you would have taken the time to add it into your TOS The first place, so we wouldnt have to have an argument, and pay you straight away..
'- Diri says:
thought*
'- Diri says:
Therefor, we are not in the wrong though are we?
No actually it will be implemented this weekend when our designer changes the site information
Yes you are
You are making a argument that holds no water at all
You knew about the fee and knew that it would be assesed if the server was suspended. We waived it the first time. But im sorry i cant and will not waive it this time.
Ok.. subject?
'- Diri says:
Its not that hard to go and edit a html file, Even though, as some of hte others have mentioned on the forum, YOU Should have had this implmented into your TERMS OF SERVICE. Even if you had told us the first time, any normal host would have edited their TOS to stop an incident like this occuring again.
'- Diri says:
When sending the money, make sure u get a reciept

If it wasn't in the TOS we shouldnt have to pay for it, even if she did/had told us.

I am still not happy, but then sometimes if someone wants to get money of you like this, there isn't much choice is there.

$50 Paid.

Server Restore and the server hostname
Sent
put it back online.
also
now come on tell me how we are supposed to contact you in the "FUTURE"
you have no abuse e-mail
and you dont call or open a support ticket.

- CLOSE THIS TOPIC.

Edit:
You have just sent a nudge.
'- Diri says:
Hello, oh dont tell me you are not going to reply after we send the money..
You arent the only client that i am assisting at this point, once notifcation is recieved ill place the server back online.
what :S
the payment was sent
You have sent $50.00 USD to paypal@geekrack.net. An email has been sent to the recipient.
'- Diri says:
No you said it will take a few minutes.. seeing as we have paid you, its only fair to PUT US FIRST and sort it out asap.

So we send the money and then what we get no reply and she puts some other client in front? After we ----ing pay. Thanks ALOT.

Last edited:
So we send the money and then what we get no reply and she puts some other client in front? After we ----ing pay. Thanks ALOT.

who says we put another client in front? i think you may be throwing around unneeded accusations again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back