• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Heads Up For All Employers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeekRack

Hi guys i feel i have a bit of information that i need to shared with you all and to advise you all to be aware of Jason Scales. Jason was employed with us for a couple of months and what i believed to be a productive relationship. I kept recieving complaints of customers tickets not being resolved and operators leaving chat with no explanation so i decided to look a bit further into the issue.

Upon my investigation i did find that the majority of these tickets where assigned to Jason, in which he never resolved the issue or simply put "Will look into this shortly" and never updated the ticket nor resolved the customers issues. This of course did not sit well with me so i decided that Geek Rack wasnt the correct fit for Jason.

We removed him from staff yesterday email permissions etc, and i decided i would email him the next morning or speak with him via msn.

To my surprise when i got back on today to take care of some light back end office work i noticed that our Domain reseller had been compromised and our domain dns servers had been changed for geekrack.net. This came as a bit of a shock to me as the only other person that knew where the domain was registered and login credentials was in fact Jason.

He didnt stop there, he also changed login credentials for our support area over at Burst. I contacted Burst who advised me that the would reset all information on the accounts login etc. I then contacted estdomains to deal with the domain reseller issue.

I contacted est and advised them of the current situation and what was going on and i asked what the username had been changed to. I was then advised:
Code:
Hello,

Username for your account is jscales...@msn.com (... placed for security reason)

Regards,
Valery
Estdomains, Inc

Ticket Details
===================
Ticket ID: DQB-450242
Department: Abuse Department
Priority: Critical

Interesting concept i know so this means to me that of course he had went ahead and tried to get vengence of some sort for being released. After working with EST they decided they would go ahead and change the nameservers on the domain for me until i can get to a fax machine first thing in the am to shoot them over some id information.

I accept liability for this blunder as it didnt dawn on me that he had access to this information as i had assigned him some tasks to make changes in the domain system.

In short, stay away from this guy! His skills are nowhere near a level 2 and he doesnt complete assigned tickets to completion.

Thank you for the information.

I noticed he was looking for a job in his MSN description, he's worked with a lot of different hosts but seems to get sacked or leave them quite a lot from what I've seen.

It's a bit childish what he's done, I can only hope that you've managed to get access to your burst and est domains logins.

I remember one time when I was going to buy a dedicated from GR and he lost it at me because I was asking non stop questions for 20mins then just disconnected the session and wouldn't reconnect... Good thing you got rid of him ;)

Good to see your fixing staff issues.
& I have posted this in his "Employment wanted" thread in ads & offers'
Lets see his reply

Thanks guys, as i get more information ill be sure to share with interested parties. It was a bit childish but hey its the internet anything can happen!

Shequeita is refusing to listen to anything I have to say, so best of luck for the future Shequeita.

There is know truth behind it all, you expect me to believe the story that your feeding me? Apparently, he states that it wasnt him and it was in fact "Daniel Watson" that did this, but my questions remains how would he know both logins for Burst and the Domain reseller without you giving him the information? I cant believe that story its crap it all points to you.

There is know truth behind it all, you expect me to believe the story that your feeding me? Apparently, he states that it wasnt him and it was in fact "Daniel Watson" that did this, but my questions remains how would he know both logins for Burst and the Domain reseller without you giving him the information? I cant believe that story its crap it all points to you.
My brother hacked my account, It wasnt me
My friend stopped over & did it while I was sleeping..
My gran mother found out the passwords and did it for laughs
Ect.
All old things used on the internet 24/7

Well Jason, why not tell us your side of the story?
Yerp Id like to hear it too ;)

Last edited:
Jason,

You really are good at creating Drama's ;)

Thanks for the heads up Shequeita

PS: Sorry. This has been nagging me for ages.. Is it She-Qu-et-a, or She-Queet-a as in a spoken voice?

Richard I think its "She-Qee-ta".

When I worked with GR, I had the "pleasure" of receiving moans from Jason, asking me to deal with support requests on LiveResponse when the client specifically asked for Jason because he cut them off. I will admit, he's a weirdo, and no way on earth a high-end level support tech, god I know more than him! ;)

But yeah, as its said, just stay away from him folks

Jason, either way, you have lost my respect in this matter. Your "friend" would know the information unless you gave it to him. so, either way, you had something to do with it happening. i went out of my way to get you hired at GR, and you really seemed to be a stand up guy. i dont know what happened with you man. you have made me look like a total schmuck with your shenanigans. not only did you have something to do with the GR defacing, you also were scamming people. this is unacceptable behavior. I fully agree with the termination at this point.we dont need Geek Rack associated with people that do this sort of stuff.
also, after giving me the login info for the domainsite.whmcs.com stuff yesterday, and guess what, there is something called a log file. it logs the ip address from all logins. and guess where I have traced the IP address to? need I say more?
you might just want to quit while you are ahead (or behind, however you want to look at it) and just go a separate way at this point.

@Adam and Richard, it is Shequeita. say it like... She-quei-ta

Glad to see you guys found the issue, its just sad to see it happen. I guess it means security will tighten up though.

Mistakes happen, and everybody learns from mistakes, so hopefully GR is better off now and will tighten things up!

Sorry to hear the troubles you guys are going through

Offtopic: I guess I was saying it right all along :p(regarding Shequita's name)

you can say Queen, right? same sound, just through a slight i sound on the end, like the sound the first "i" in insight would make.

So it's She-Quite-A?

On the topic... /fingerwag.

It would seem that a lot of the issues GR has had recently stemmed from staff issues, and it looks like now they're being weeded out. Kudos to GR, you guys looked decent when I first came back and looked around (so did Crissic) and then I saw the bits of problems both seemed to go through (which seems to stem from BurstNet) but then GR also had issues with support and communication which seems to stem from this here.

Anyway, keep up the good work, it's hard to build rep back from incidents like you have had, and it's even harder when crap like this happens. Lesson learned I guess though? Make sure you fully terminate access :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back