• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Is CPANEL a must for free hosts

INVIHO

I've checked this forum for few days and i see most of hosting request says CPANEL as a must.

I'll launch my free hosting service in few days (already bought servers , LayeredPanel licenses,design etc etc) and I'm a little confused. Should I go with LayeredPanel as planned or turn to Cpanel + user management software ?!

I like LayeredPanel and I've started to customise it ,add features and honestly looks to have all need for basic hosting..

Wait your opinions..

cPanel is preferred by many free users but that does not mean that there are no supporters of LayeredPanel. I am sure people will also sign up for your hosting service if they really need the hosting.

LayeredPanel is better for free hosting, especially for those that does not provide too much advanced features.

So in my opinion, it is alright to go with LayeredPanel but you might have to have a better advertising scheme.

Just my 2 cents.

LayeredPanel is limiting everything. if you want to be more success with your hosting, choose cpanel. LayeredPanel looks like for a beginner. As for me, I never want to register with a LayeredPanel free host.

LayeredPanel is limiting everything. if you want to be more success with your hosting, choose cpanel. LayeredPanel looks like for a beginner. As for me, I never want to register with a LayeredPanel free host.
LayeredPanel does not have that much limits for a free host actually. Advanced features such as SSH are mostly not present in free hosts. I am sure it can be tweaked for additional features such as SSH if required.

@arizonadream, mostly cPanel license will come with the dedicated server, there are also hosts on resellers.

Its free, you actually shouldn't expect any control panel. Its not bad if they just give you an FTP account.

How do free hosts manage to cover expenses on cpanel license?

Many free hosts are actually using a reseller account from another provider, where the control panel is included for free.

Even a lot a VPS providers are including a control panel for free or as a minimal priced add-on.

cpanel is also "a must" in the paid hosting section most of the time
I still use Direct Admin anyway
Why go with what everyone else is using? You need something differnt I say go for it use the layerdpanel ;)

Honestly, except for setting up crons, I don't really use the control panel that much.

cPanel is a must really if you want to be popular tbh. Alot of clients are just stupid....

Whats a tbh? Except setting up Crons, I don't see why you actually need a CPanel at all.

Means to be honest. Everyone wants cPanel for some reason since they think its special from every other CP on the net which it isn't that much. I personally like DA because of it's simplicity but cPanel has the reputation. You need cPanel basically as a host to get the most revenue as you can...

Sad to say but Jonny' is correct. Many free users prefer cPanel as they think it is special. DA actually looks much better than cPanel... even though I find it more complicated. :p Maybe it is because I am used to cPanel before I used DA.

However, the key to generating members not only lies in the control panel. With all the ridiculous requests out there, it is very hard to get people to sign up for your host unless you do massive overselling like all the other hosts out there. I do not suggest this as you will be in a very dangerous situation when you do massive overselling.

I would say go for cPanel if you can, else DirectAdmin. Not many people actually like to use LayeredPanel, especially here.

Thanks for your opinions .. I decided..
I will use LayerdPanel because

1) Talked with some free hosters and CPANEL cant handle more accounts than XPANEL or LP
2) LP is made specially for free hosts. Support adding ads, manage users,manage support tickets
3) Intuitive for entry level customers that get scared by CPANEL complexity (I was one long time ago :cool2: )
4)LP guys give me a list with script features that will be programmed and I can bet CPANEL users will see soon functions that they need on LP too
5) No CPANEL monthly fees
6) LP can be customised easily. I even can add functions myself ...Never touched CPANEL :cry2:
7).. I've already bought LP :evilb:

Thanks for your opinions .. I decided..
I will use LayerdPanel because

1) Talked with some free hosters and CPANEL cant handle more accounts than XPANEL or LP
2) LP is made specially for free hosts. Support adding ads, manage users,manage support tickets
3) Intuitive for entry level customers that get scared by CPANEL complexity (I was one long time ago :cool2: )
4)LP guys give me a list with script features that will be programmed and I can bet CPANEL users will see soon functions that they need on LP too
5) No CPANEL monthly fees
6) LP can be customised easily. I even can add functions myself ...Never touched CPANEL :cry2:
7).. I've already bought LP :evilb:
Glad that you have made your choice. I wish you good luck.

Has anyone else seen CPanel 11 with x3 skin? It makes direct admin look terrible, the File manager is changed, theres a multi-platform web disk, you can drag and drop elements around the page. its just much much better.

Cpanel uses a lot of system resources. For some of my personal work I just set things up with bind and a httpd.conf file, control panels make you slow. I agree though that CPanel is desirable to customers etc.

ServerCP is quite good, not so pretty but it runs Ruby on rails and PHP at the same time. It's around $12 montlhy for a license. You can get CPanel license for $8 if you talk to the right people.

cpanel is a must!!!!!!!
ide never go for a hosting without it
even if they offer 100 gig space/bw

Back