• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

My Geekrack review

geekrack.png

Your using https, they must have removed their SSL cert. Click here.

Does it work now :)

What's happened to all the support reps? They were coming out of the woodwork a few days ago.

Justin, can I ask how long you have been working with GR? It seems to me that you are acting like you own it.

i have been working with GR for a couple months, and no, i dont own, i just have access to check more issues than most of the support team, so, the best three people to contact right now would be Shequeita, Steve and I.

@Carl, did you ever submit the ticket we talked about? if so, please message me on MSN, and i will look into the matter some more now that it has been fixed.

Hello,

I do apologize for my lack of attention to this thread and this site all together for the past couple of days. I have been deligently working on getting our main web site and our support sites situated on seperate servers in case of outages in the future.

That is taking a long time :S Maybe they don't know how to fix it ;)

Incorrect. This client service in particular was still being hosted in TheNyNoc datacenter. I have contacted them on several occasions in regards to this particular vps to no avail. If you have a open ticket on this issue please shoot me a email with your ticket id so that i may advise you of all of your curreent options available.

What's happened to all the support reps? They were coming out of the woodwork a few days ago.

We still have the same amount of support techs and sales reps as we did before. This will not change our staff has been dedicated to handling support requests as this has been a particularly busy weekend for us.

And the owner? Getting ready to resurface with a new identity perhaps?

Again, wrong. We have been over this topic and i feel that is i about time we can put that one to bed seeing as Geek Rack is a registered LLC under my name as well.

Not wanting to stick my nose in nor bash at you Jan, But surely as an LLC shequeita would need to prove her identity somehow.

I highly doubt she would go and get some fake id for something like this ?

What is it with one (post count, or slightly more) and only a couple more members posting complaints against GR.

It's like a bloody war on one host.

This alert window is a bit dodgy to say the least - I could make one of them in seconds.

And quote from OP

Geekrackportal is down.
In the forum, they have the Image verification turned on but no image entering box, so no way to register an account and say something...

P.s.
Welcome, hsbsitez.
149948 Unread Posts since your last visit.
You last visited: December 11th, 2006 at 23:27

Can the OP clarify this - in it's entirity?

If not submit to the host being untouched.

Last edited:
it is amusing how there are only a few unhappy clients versus the hundreds of happy ones, and all of a sudden, people think GR is going down the crapper. get real people. i know people that will bash on godaddy all day, but, i love godaddy, and will never reg a domain elsewhere, unless it is a free one. so, think about that a bit. maybe i will start a I Love GR thread and see how many satisfied clients come there. geez.

it is amusing how there are only a few unhappy clients versus the hundreds of happy ones, and all of a sudden, people think GR is going down the crapper. get real people. i know people that will bash on godaddy all day, but, i love godaddy, and will never reg a domain elsewhere, unless it is a free one. so, think about that a bit. maybe i will start a I Love GR thread and see how many satisfied clients come there. geez.

Maybe you should :)

And well, that's just life in this industry..as well as things in life. You make one mistake and all the good things you've done don't count anymoe. And besides, only the ones with extreme opinions cry out heh. But I think the difference in this case is there was more than one compliant..and that is unsual within such a short span of time.

I think Jan was refering to another forum name? Not a real life identity? :S Lol its funny though that as soon as the post was made about the lack of GR people on these threads, 3 of them jump out!

It's a common fact that more people come to complain and virtually none come to praise. Therefore, from appearance, a couple bad experiences will make it look like the overwhelming majority. Thus is life.

Maybe you should :)

And well, that's just life in this industry..as well as things in life. You make one mistake and all the good things you've done don't count anymoe. And besides, only the ones with extreme opinions cry out heh. But I think the difference in this case is there was more than one compliant..and that is unsual within such a short span of time.

I think Jan was refering to another forum name? Not a real life identity? :S Lol its funny though that as soon as the post was made about the lack of GR people on these threads, 3 of them jump out!

Thats because i have been away for personal reasons :), check the topic i made you will soon see

Do people still know how to check if it's a problem their end before posting that there's a problem?

Back