• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

My Review of Zaxi Hosting

jakeruston

Hi,

Well I was with Zaxi Hosting for around a month. The package I managed to get was actually very good, I was very happy with the price. The setup time was quite long though, and especially with the legal form I needed to fill in with a copy of my bank statement. After all of the messing around with what they needed, it took around a week for me to actually get the server.

It generally just went down from here.

I then learnt that the server was BurstNET. Ouch. As the days started passing, I was seeing more and more errors just randomly popping up, stopping sites working. Very awkward indeed.

The Support also started to get worse and worse. Before I eventually cancelled after the first month, on a major server problem (which broke the whole server), it took around 3 - 6 hours per response. It took around 2 days for them to actually do something. Then the server needed to be reinstalled, so I was told $30 to do this. This is fine in my opinion. However, once it was done, they refused to help me (Or mount the backup hard drive to get my backups) until I'd paid the $30, regardless of other problems I had now it was reformatted. The "24/7 Support" thing is absolutely rubbish, not true.

To Zaxi Hosting: I'm sure you meant well, but I just couldn't stand the length of time it took to get a response from.

Well,just now I saw this thread.
Here goes the sentences that the customer havent always right.
Milofi's server was deployed with an error(2.8ghz processor instead of 3 and 1GB ram instead of 2GB) - This was fixed within 1hr of the ticket being opened.
Then,the problem wasnt a hardware problem or network.
It was an error with HIS/HER system,reporting always the same issue and not being able to allow clients to access CPanel/WHM
We had fixed the issue quite immediately(2hrs) and we were able to access his main CPanel/WHM.
After some time,again he/she notice the same issue.
We ask if he had done something(previous time it had forced a system check to be done in the next reboot) and he reply that maybe a customer had done something on his server(!)
Thats a hacked server if customers can done something via root.
We ask the client to re-format the server and keeps all the data(the server had backup HDD)
And that was what we did.
Our billing dept generate his/her invoice for the os re-install,the server was deployed by the new fresh install but milofi havent payed his/her invoice.
Then,he/she asked for a help,to restore their backups.We had told that he/she need to pay her/his invoice first,in order to 1)have the server online 2)being helped to restore the backups
I dont think that we are responsible for the software error on his/her server.

As per our slow support,we had all the tickets in our WHMCS which have clearly stated the times between the replies.
The only slow responses which I checked right now,was during your re-format process,which we were waiting too for CPanel to be completed.

Also,I will advise the client,next time to have a managed server,cause the tons of the questions that you had made,and we had answered/fixed is under a fully managed services and not an unmanaged server like yours.

Finally,to not forget it,you had been informed that you will be contacted by our agencies for your outstanding invoices.
I think that this had been done,if it doesnt,it will be done this week possibly.
You havent make a notice for your cansellation and you had a due invoice too.

Good luck,and next time play right and keep fair play in mind.
We are in business from April 2007 and we had a very good reputation - It will not be harmed by your awful and lie review.
You were only told the things by your 10% view.

Thank you.

Now, the setup with Burst is out of there hands.

Why on earth would you expect them to help you restore your backups, after they had reformatted your main hard drive, if you had not yet even paid for the reformat? Even if you did pay for the reformat, it would be above and beyond unmanaged support to go in your server and help you restore client backups, which had to be done in the first place due to user error?

I feel Zaxi is 100% correct on how they've handled you.

Unfortunately there is TO many people like you, expecting to get managed services for unmanaged prices. That, or people need to learn what unmanaged means. I mean there is a point where they will help you when they still don't have to, however don't push it.

After discussions with Zaxi, we both feel that the review was quite harsh and was quite one-sided.

Because of this, please disregard this review, and moderators please delete the thread

Edit: SmoothVPS, I did not ask them to restore the backups, I asked them to fix the backup hard drive because once it had been reformatted, the backup hard drive was hidden so I couldn't do anything with it...

Last edited:
Now, the setup with Burst is out of there hands.

Why on earth would you expect them to help you restore your backups, after they had reformatted your main hard drive, if you had not yet even paid for the reformat? Even if you did pay for the reformat, it would be above and beyond unmanaged support to go in your server and help you restore client backups, which had to be done in the first place due to user error?

I feel Zaxi is 100% correct on how they've handled you.

Unfortunately there is TO many people like you, expecting to get managed services for unmanaged prices. That, or people need to learn what unmanaged means. I mean there is a point where they will help you when they still don't have to, however don't push it.

Experienced CEO with years in the industry, would have absolutely the same thought,just like you.
Thank you.

After discussions with Zaxi, we both feel that the review was quite harsh and was quite one-sided.

Because of this, please disregard this review, and moderators please delete the thread

Edit: SmoothVPS, I did not ask them to restore the backups, I asked them to fix the backup hard drive because once it had been reformatted, the backup hard drive was hidden so I couldn't do anything with it...

You had PM and told me that you think that the review was unfair and I think that this is the correct.
About your HDD Drive,it was just unmount(we DID unmounted,before the re-format,just in the case any of the technicians re-format by accident)

It wasnt hidder or so,just remains unmount after the re-format.

Hopes now that everyone is fine.
Milofi accept that this review,wasnt a fair review.
I will only apologise for the delay that we had with the servers that we deploy through BurstNet(with the other datacenters that we deploy,we had quite a very good times) although that even this,it isnt in our hand.

Have a nice summer,
Alex

Back