• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

need 3rd paty opinion...

abboodeh

Dear programmers...

I have bought a file hosting script and used a dedicated server with the fallowing spec.
Intel Celeron
Operating System: Fedora Core 9 - 32-BIT
Control Panel: CPanel/WHM - Unlimited Domains - (CentOS/Fedora/BSD)
Bandwidth: 2000GB Standard
RAM/Memory: 1GB DDR2
HD 250 GB

the problem i'm facing is that i can't upload big files(100MB+) usually the uploading stops at some point, sometimes at 90%, other times at 7%....

and as i am not a programmer, i'm lost between:
1. the support in the dedicated server who's claiming that it's a script bug....
and
2. the script company who's saying that many customers bought the script and they're happy with it, everything is fine with them so it's your server problem not a bug in your script...

i really don't know who to beleive, and what's wrong with my site....

please please i need some 3rd party opinion in this matter to know what's my next step....

this is the site:
-Removed-

your help is highly appreciate it!

thank you in advance....

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear programmers...

I have bought a file hosting script and used a dedicated server with the fallowing spec.
Intel Celeron
Operating System: Fedora Core 9 - 32-BIT
Control Panel: CPanel/WHM - Unlimited Domains - (CentOS/Fedora/BSD)
Bandwidth: 2000GB Standard
RAM/Memory: 1GB DDR2
HD 250 GB

the problem i'm facing is that i can't upload big files(100MB+) usually the uploading stops at some point, sometimes at 90%, other times at 7%....

and as i am not a programmer, i'm lost between:
1. the support in the dedicated server who's claiming that it's a script bug....
and
2. the script company who's saying that many customers bought the script and they're happy with it, everything is fine with them so it's your server problem not a bug in your script...

i really don't know who to beleive, and what's wrong with my site....

please please i need some 3rd party opinion in this matter to know what's my next step....

this is the site:
-Removed-

your help is highly appreciate it!

thank you in advance....

The site you bought your script from might be lying, Or your server has a slow connection.

Are you using a 10MPBS or 100MBPS port?

Last edited by a moderator:
The site you bought your script from might be lying, Or your server has a slow connection.

Are you using a 10MPBS or 100MBPS port?

So its 50/50 situation?

Remote uploading is ALWAYS working,does this mean that the server is good and can handle uploading?

So its 50/50 situation?

Remote uploading is ALWAYS working,does this mean that the server is good and can handle uploading?

Then it should be the script that's causing you the trouble.

So you can upload 100mb+ files remotely but not with the script?

It can be a bit sluggish with PHP when uploading bigger files. It's usually better to use FTP if the file is over a certain size. Your PHP Size limit is big enough to allow for your file upload... correct?

There could be problems with the script, or there could be problems with the server. From the way you have stated, it seems to be a server problem.

Have you tried checking the servers http error log? That will tell you for definate if its a server problem or a script problem.

Then it should be the script that's causing you the trouble.

So you can upload 100mb+ files remotely but not with the script?
the script is offering direct uploading and remote uploading
the direct uploading for big files don't work as i said...
but remote upload using the script is working normally...

It can be a bit sluggish with PHP when uploading bigger files. It's usually better to use FTP if the file is over a certain size. Your PHP Size limit is big enough to allow for your file upload... correct?
even with FTP uploading it keeps dissconnecting....
i have one small application to upload FTP and it keep dissconnecting too..

There could be problems with the script, or there could be problems with the server. From the way you have stated, it seems to be a server problem.

Have you tried checking the servers http error log? That will tell you for definate if its a server problem or a script problem.

i'm not so much technical in these things, i don't know from where to check this server log....

i guess i will move to another dedicated server and have a fresh install of the script into that new server and see...

the script is offering direct uploading and remote uploading
the direct uploading for big files don't work as i said...
but remote upload using the script is working normally...

even with FTP uploading it keeps dissconnecting....
i have one small application to upload FTP and it keep dissconnecting too..

i'm not so much technical in these things, i don't know from where to check this server log....

i guess i will move to another dedicated server and have a fresh install of the script into that new server and see...

Hire a tech for an hour?

good idea!
you know anyone?
and will this tech gurantee to fix the problem?

know any good company?

To fix the problem? Not 100%, no. If its a server configuration issue, an hour is pleanty of time to fix most issues, so in that case, yes. But if it turns out to be a script issue, no, they wont be able to fix it.

I recommended hiring the tech to find out what the problem is, not fix it ;) Saves you shelling out for a new server. No?

check your php.ini file, many times the default install of php is not set for large file uploads, or larger execution times.

Thanks,

Anthony

check your php.ini file, many times the default install of php is not set for large file uploads, or larger execution times.

Thanks,

Anthony

That's what I was going to say but if it was a PHP error the FTP would work ok.

It could also be your local PC? Have you tried uploading files to other services?

Back