• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Quality or Quantity

Quality or Quantity

• Quality

Votes: 47 88.7%
  • Quantity

Votes: 6 11.3%

• Total voters

Paul

Hello Members,

This poll has been setup to see what people really want. As their are more posts offering outragous deals I am wondering to people look for bigger amounts of space and bandwidth over Quality servers and services with less space and bandwidth.

I have done this same post as a smaller forum and the results are quite suprising. Most people voted for quality even though most people ask for rediculase amounts of space/bandwidth.

Regards,
Paul Buckley

From the banter on the requests forums, it would appear many people expect quantity at the same price as quality :)

I guess people could be wise to the oversellers now and ask for the inflated version of what they actually need. If I need 10Mb disk space and 1Gb transfer, then if I ask for 100Mb & 10Gb, then I should stand a reasonable chance of being able to use 10% of that without the host shutting me down for abuse :)

I know I'm in the minority here, but I've always put quality way ahead on my list. Price wasn't a real deciding factor for me.

I appreciate dual Xeon boxes and SCSI RAID. I also appreciate quality bandwidth (Internap/Peer1/Mzima) and don't mind paying 75cents/GB.

I also like the feeling of security I have knowing that my host will be there tomorrow.

Bruce said:
I know I'm in the minority here, but I've always put quality way ahead on my list. Price wasn't a real deciding factor for me.

I appreciate dual Xeon boxes and SCSI RAID. I also appreciate quality bandwidth (Internap/Peer1/Mzima) and don't mind paying 75cents/GB.

I also like the feeling of security I have knowing that my host will be there tomorrow.

Amen!!

I have done this same post as a smaller forum and the results are quite suprising. Most people voted for quality even though most people ask for rediculase amounts of space/bandwidth.
This kind of result will continue to confirm itself for a couple of reasons:

1. People don't like to admit they're cheap.
2. People do want quality, it means a lot to them, and they'll vote for it. In real life they'll always look for it cheap. :)

I think one should aim for quality and quantity.

Quality is always desirable and quantity is of high expections today.

I aim for both quality and quantity...however if can chose one only...than it has to be quality...

Hi Paul:

People Claim: 95% quality, 5% quantity
Then Sign-up: 5% quality, 95% quantity

Your Income: 60% quality, 40% quantity
Work required: 15% quality, 85% quantity

What do you want as a host?

Want an example: Recently there has been a downfall in the hosting industry. Company was known for quality. Then offered insane ammounts. Now users leave and complain. Who is is that? Site5

Its gotta be quality - as per previous posters - whats the point of having a lot of something if it is unreliable.

Our packages are not BIG packages - but are ample for most people....we do however pride ourselves on being reliable!

So in short - quality over quantity anytime!!!!!

Quality is the one everyone seeks for but quantity is the one which gets you orders as quality is observed by customers only after getting a deal.

Quality Ofcourse!

Quantity isn't worth it if your webhost is unreliable and your website is down more than it's up.

As many have said previously, what is the point of having 10TB of bandwidth or even disc space (DreamHost :smash:) for peanuts a month. If your website, or even worse, your clients websites are down, you will start to see a reverse in profit due to refunds, and it ends up costing more then it makes.

We keep our servers at LiquidWeb. We could get exactly what we have somewhere else cheaper, certainly. But, would that other server provider be able to provide the 102 days uptime we have had? Doubtfull.

I definitely say quality is above all most important, but a nice mix of both is great when it's possible.

I look at it like this; If I'm paying $3 a month and getting a very above average amount of space and bandwidth, am I really paying the host to spend their time taking care of my support issues? Or did I just throw a nickel of profit at them and now I'll be left to fend for self? Usually the latter..

Also, I voted for quantity by mistake, so one of the two quantity votes so far was me. 5am here, cut me some slack. :p I above all would choose quality any day of the week. *excludes drunken weekends

This isnt a black and white issue IMO. Theres a grey area that some web hosts fall under where you can get Quality service and good prices. Whats the point of buying quality hosting if the people you buy from are jerks with no support? At the same time whats the point of going with "more for less" if that host just closes down in six months? There is a balance to be found when shopping for web hosting if people just take the time to look carefully. Personally i would buy from a trusted name before i would ever be lured by the promise of "top notch servers" and/or "discount prices".

daxriggz2004 said:
Also, I voted for quantity by mistake, so one of the two quantity votes so far was me. 5am here, cut me some slack. :p I above all would choose quality any day of the week. *excludes drunken weekends
Fixed. ;)

Uhm, Quality? Duh. Quality is pretty much above everything else in my book when i'm looking and paying for a host. I'm not afraid to try new ones out, but i suppose i havn't had a bad experience yet, if i do i will probably change that opinion!

Quality is the most important factor. However, I think that a lot of people are blinded by what looks like a great deal when hosts claim to offer huge amounts of space and transfer and they forget about download speeds, uptime and the load on the server. :)

Back