• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

StaticHost

dendens said:
well dont be spamming <unt

I am a Static Host customer have full faith in what they are doing, its two days , live with it people there is worse that can happen.. would be nice to get e mail but I got one bette they are on MSN. I agree with Manifest down below , they are a brilliant provider. No hassle at all.

I am sorry but two days 'is' a long time for downtime (a very long time) And I have to agree with dunno about there being freqent other times of downtime that happen at least weekly. It is a problem for anyone that is trying to run any type of business or service for other people. That is part of the reason I have decided to move to a new host. Perhaps when I get a few more things straightened out, I will be able to offer StaticHost a deal on good webspace that has gauranteed uptime and 24/7 support. I realize that they are nice people and great features, but that means nothing when you cannot use them due to downtime.

just my two cents.

peace_hope said:
I am sorry but two days 'is' a long time for downtime (a very long time) And I have to agree with dunno about there being freqent other times of downtime that happen at least weekly. It is a problem for anyone that is trying to run any type of business or service for other people. That is part of the reason I have decided to move to a new host. Perhaps when I get a few more things straightened out, I will be able to offer StaticHost a deal on good webspace that has gauranteed uptime and 24/7 support. I realize that they are nice people and great features, but that means nothing when you cannot use them due to downtime.

just my two cents.

Most, if not ALL web hosting companies brag about their uptime. They have to. Having your website available to your customers or potiental customers is critical to any business. When a website goes down it can mean big losses. No excuses can be made. The internet market made about 6.9 billion dollars in 2004 and its expected to grow by 4 billion in 2006! When clients are looking for a hosting provider, it is important that needs and requirements are closely matched. Although one provider could be costing more money, if it has more of the functionality that a site requires then it is clearly the better choice. Like with I-Net Hosting, our site is key to our business. It's not just a place to post our contact information. Clients login to their accounts, customers sign up for hosting packages everyday. If our site is down for even a few moments our phones begin to ring off the hook! I can understand where you are coming from :)

I concur. While I must say that I can't hold it against StaticHost since it's out of their hands, I'd still like to see my sites up and running. My sites are basically not important to anyone but me, but still, they are important to me. I'm sure they host businesses as well as the little guys like me. That's where it can certainly have the most effect, when people are losing profit and a solid customer base. I've loved the experience I've had with them thus far, again, I can't complain. As far as the downtime that was mentioned previously, I haven't noticed that, but I don't check my sites too often.

I'm conflicted on what to do with it all really. I, like others in this thread, sympathize with them through this. On the other hand I've been with them for 10-11 days and have now gotten a pretty ugly downtime. I don't doubt that they'll honor their guarantees and see us all happy, that's the kind of people they are. But wether or not I personally want to wait it out and see what the future holds, I'm just undecided.

whatever you decide, good luck. My posts only reflect the services that I had received in my 3+ months being hosted by them. I just cannot handle it anymore. Especially with my business really growing fast now, and needing the uptime every minute.

Again, Good luck. If you would like I can host you myself off of my new account. Just let me know how much space and bandwidth you need, and I am more than positive that we can work something out. :)

The random downtimes that we had been experiencing on the Proton server last week seem to be the starting effects of what is now known to be a bad stick of RAM.

We are still awaiting the OS reload to be done by our datacenter. :(

Regards,

Steve McManus.

Hi Steve,
I must admit that my concern is that if I were to continue to be a client of Statichost, would Statichost still be afloat in a few weeks time?
Difficult question to answer as you have no way of knowing at present, how many clients may jump ship. The worry is that you are a young company and surely can't sustain any loss of business.
You have been perfectly honest so far and one would hope that if the worst happened, you would give your clients notice so they could move their domains freely to another nameserver.
I don't assume for one minute that you are concerned about 'going under' but I need to make sure that if I decide to stay with Statichost I am not going to incur a heavy payment to get the registrar to change my nameservers in the near future.
Is that a fair question?
I must admit that I would definately stay put at present if I had control over my domain so I could switch nameservers as and when I chose. I do have this ability with my addon domains and wish I had registered my 'main' domain myself.
One learns something everyday.

StaticHost said:
Thank you for your kind offer. :)

Update: We are still awaiting an OS reload to be done by our datacenter. It is Due on Thu Jul 7 2005 05:09AM, but hopefully it will be completed much sooner.

Regards,

Steve McManus

I also cannot access any part of the site. This is extremely bad news for their company, first off the downtime, second off not having it back up by the time stated. Finally we see their support more than ever, they are actually available for 3-4 hours of support per day, which is pretty emabarassing for a company I would have to say.

Steve, please keep us up to date, as you are aproaching 48 hours (currently about 44 hours downtime!).

This will get done today, I'm sure, if Statichost is not getting the service *THEY* Expect from the DataCenter, I'm sure they will take action... if they come back here and expect a longer ETA (most likely not) we still have the agreement set to move copies of the backups, (temporarily) to PrimHosting so businesses can sustain uptime. It's just an unfortunate event for Static Host and they got hit with a "Worst Case Scenario" that any Hosting Provider could encounter... hang in there guys.

Back