• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Stay away from Fehosting.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
:( jeez Dini wish I still hosted and you could have had at least a temp solution to get your clients running again, 3 days is way too long unless they've totally crapped on your backups and are struggling to recreate them.

But I get a terrible feeling it may not be that at all, know what I mean...

Maybe someone else in the post can help you out at least in the short term, if you've got a copy of site backups you can access ;)

Host Dime - the datacenter fehosting is using - is usually very fast when it comes to hardware replacement - I doubt it took them 3 days to replace it. Although, it may have taken fehosting that long to set everything up again.

I'm more concerned with this honestly:

http://www.pingdom.com/reports/cmqsym62h342/

Specifically..

http://www.pingdom.com/reports/cmqsym62h342/check_overview/?name=Main+Server

It says "Flexible Resellar Hosting" on his carousel at the top. I thought it was supposed to be spelled "reseller." Don't trust somebody who can't proof-read their own site.

:( jeez Dini wish I still hosted and you could have had at least a temp solution to get your clients running again, 3 days is way too long unless they've totally crapped on your backups and are struggling to recreate them.

But I get a terrible feeling it may not be that at all, know what I mean...

Maybe someone else in the post can help you out at least in the short term, if you've got a copy of site backups you can access ;)

Believe me, I wish the exact same thing.. They just answered with this: "i have taken over from michael and i am looking into the situation. i am sorry that this appears to have taken so long. the length of time is very unfortunate!!!!".

So right now I'm left with 1/5 of my customers, no backups and no reseller..

Host Dime - the datacenter fehosting is using - is usually very fast when it comes to hardware replacement - I doubt it took them 3 days to replace it. Although, it may have taken fehosting that long to set everything up again.

I'm more concerned with this honestly:

http://www.pingdom.com/reports/cmqsym62h342/

Specifically..

http://www.pingdom.com/reports/cmqsym62h342/check_overview/?name=Main+Server

I actually called HostDime and they were able to tell me a third level technician was working on the server

If I were you, I'd say cut your loses with them, try and salvage what 20% of your customers remain and move somewhere else. If it's just a matter of finances, send me a PM and let me know what requirements you need and maybe we can work something out to get you back on your feet.

Last edited:
They just said "We don't offer refunds after the 3 days or when the welcome email was sent out."

Then paypal dispute their asses,

If you still don't have any love from them, then Post their business all over the place with terrible reviews, and move on.

Then paypal dispute their asses,

If you still don't have any love from them, then Post their business all over the place with terrible reviews, and move on.

He's spending around $10-$20 a month on the reseller accounts (as far as I know anyway) - a PayPal dispute may give him some money back but it will in no way cover the loss of clients and the money he had to refund.

Just a heads up for you Dini, if you have suffered damages and can prove them - which you have, from loss of clients to loss of money because of the refunds, and hell even reputation/image damages - then you can sue.

He's spending around $10-$20 a month on the reseller accounts (as far as I know anyway) - a PayPal dispute may give him some money back but it will in no way cover the loss of clients and the money he had to refund.

Just a heads up for you Dini, if you have suffered damages and can prove them - which you have, from loss of clients to loss of money because of the refunds, and hell even reputation/image damages - then you can sue.

I paid 6 months in advance, till April 2011 (I know, awesome, just about to renew) so I can't even start a PayPal dispute because it's been more than 3 months sice the payment was sent.

I'm actually a law student (2nd year, so no use by myself) but I had a discussion about digital laws and I may get arround something, but you know how this business is, there's no good chances of getting too far. As far as getting back on my feet, I have no PayPal balance left and I had to use my CC to give the refunds, so I actually have to get arround some cash to start again. Meanwhile, all my personal sites are down

Ouch. Well, at least you got the full 6 months worth of service - I guess... I'm surprised they have even lasted 6 months (fehosting).

You can still sue them for damages though, and I recommend you do that.

Ouch. Well, at least you got the full 6 months worth of service - I guess... I'm surprised they have even lasted 6 months (fehosting).

You can still sue them for damages though, and I recommend you do that.

Problem is, who do I sue? I have no personal information whatsoever besided the WHOIS info of fehosting.com, plus it's not an actual company..

Problem is, who do I sue? I have no personal information whatsoever besided the WHOIS info of fehosting.com, plus it's not an actual company..

Apparently "Kimberly Shockley" is the admin contact, sue her. She has made herself liable by being the Domain Name Holder. If she doesn't want the lawsuit, then she will nominate the responsible person.

fehosting.com uses VPSLatch.

Code:
 13    98 ms    98 ms    99 ms  managed5.vpslatch.net [67.23.224.82]
 14    98 ms   101 ms    99 ms  67-23-225-182.static.dimenoc.com [67.23.225.182]

You can either ask VPSLatch for the information, or shoot them some legal document - or do what Sarmth said.

I'll go ahead and ask Adamm when he comes back online on my Friends list - he works for VPSLatch.

Hmm....Very interesting this is.

if it was an HDD failure, and this was me....this would probally take hours at max, not days.

And if the host stored daily backups, it wouldnt be hard to recover.

I suggest sueing them about this... as the rest have been saying.

I wish you the best in choosing your future provider.

Hello,

I'm sorry you feel this way. But the Reseller server had some hard drive issues. We are moving everyone who has a backup as we don't have a good backup on this account. If you have one do let us know so we can get you restored.

If you do not want to be moved then you will need to cancel the account.

If you opt to cancel, the cancellation request function may be found in the client billing interface athttps://billing.fehosting.com/clientarea.php under My Products & Services and/or My Domains. Selecting the specific service should bring you to the edit/modify screen, where a Request Cancellation option is available. Please be sure to note that FeHosting does NOT accept cancellation requests via email, phone, or support ticket.

Please let us know if you have any questions, or require further assistance.

Best Regards,
-- Michael
Account Manager

Yes, they don't have ANY BACKUPS. Can you freaking believe this? I'm now with deeplist @ Decker Services and so far it's awesome. But yes, besides losing my customers, I can't return them any backups. This is ----ing outrageous

Just wanted to point this out:

http://fehosting.com/tos.html

18. Back-up. As the servers are connected to the Internet constantly, the content in the servers are exposed to hacker attacks, viruses and other adverse effects. For these and many other reasons, customers may lose the whole content of their servers. We back-up our servers on a daily basis. Forever Hosting will not be liable for lost data even if backups were created. We will restore your account on your request, however, and we encourage you to generate backups on your own. The backup system is fully automated and there is no way to guarantee that particular file or piece of data will be backed up at the specific time. We do not account for incomplete backups and render no compensation for non-current data contained in the backups. It is highly recommended that you keep local copies of your own back-ups as well. Back-ups can be generated and downloaded through your control panel.

They have backups according to that.
We back-up our servers on a daily basis
We will restore your account on your request
Also, it's good to see you back in action colorhost :)

I find it slightly disturbing they did not have a RAID array - even RAID-1 would have prevented this problem. It's great to hear you are having a good time at Decker Services!

Don't think a good old fashioned solid RAID5 with parity disk would have helped this lot.

They advertise R1 backups, so where did they go? Same disk?

If you do not want to be moved then you will need to cancel the account.

That's a standard cop out, and a poor one too.

as we don't have a good backup on this account

Cough, back to advertised backups. Are they saying R1 failed? Can they supply the NOT good backups for you to work with? Sticking their neck out a bit saying R1 failed and they don't check.

But with a lil bit of investigation - see below, 2 different results for who to go after. One from lowendbox.com (says it all) one from domaintools.com.

Registration Service Provided By: EZPZ Hosting - http://www.ezpzhosting.co.uk
Domain name: fehosting.com
Registrant Contact:
FeHosting
Kimberly Shockley ()
Fax:
2050 LONGLEY LN
Reno, NV 89502
USA
Administrative Contact:
Kimberly Shockley ()
+1.7752471263