• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

The most stable free host?

Agreed :)
But most of you free hosts do seem to survive well .
Of course those with a long life also do offer paid hosting as i have seen .
And paid hosting is what keep the free hosting running .
This is what i have seen from various examples .

Btw , how do i earn anything at all with ads ?
I've placed ads but am earning nothing(of course i'm not talking about my forum . I know it'll take time till it can generate enough revenue till i can think getting to break-even)

hey ~Edy, stonerocket is not a free host, it is just a website with someone kid's picture!

I think you may have got confused a little, you must have visited "stonerocket.com" we have no control over that domain, some guy setup that site for his son for when he gets older..

Hey RocketBoys!
I stumbled across your website while doing a search for site names for myself. I wanted stonerocket.com real bad for a long time, but it was taken. I was then to buy the stonerocket.net name, but because I wanted the .COM address, I waivered. Finally after many months, the StoneRocket.com site had become available and I grabbed it. (There's nothing at the site, just a header for now). So, in a way, we are internet cousins, in some way.
Alright then, what's the point you might be asking yourselves?
As it turns out I have a vested interest in the name Stone Rocket. My son was born in early 2001, and the name we gave him is...Stone Rocket Russell.
It's true.
I want the website so I can hold it for him untill he's ready to use it for himself in his endeavors.
Taken from our very old forums - http://djbungle.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=9

Hope that clears things up for you.

Oh, sorry for the confusion.

I linked to the .com, not to the .net. :( And I can't edit...

I think you may have got confused a little, you must have visited "stonerocket.com" we have no control over that domain, some guy setup that site for his son for when he gets older..

Taken from our very old forums - http://djbungle.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=9

Hope that clears things up for you.

if is the stonerocket.net, then i know is u
hehehehe
coz he said stonerocket.com lol
nowadays a lot of new host is using same name as existing hosting service to gain fame, so i thought ~Edy was doing that as well.
lol

thanks to ~Edy for clarify that he has made mistake in his typo
:)

This is a bit off topic from the original post, but I think you should be able to give the owner of stonerocket.com some kind of banner, and he can put it up to avoid this confusion. From the sounds of things, he's probably a nice guy and would do this for free. The fact is, many many people are going to make the same mistake that was made here, and go to the dot com. It makes no sense to confuse them.

Yup. I personally made the mistake about three times. :)

Ehh... no longer a problem. But azoundria's idea is pretty good.

I have checked many free web hosting sites. If you read their terms and conditions, you can realize that they cannot be relied upon for hosting web sites.You need to try to get an affordable hosting package.

So Namepad and Zoomcities are the only free hosts that has been around for a very long time or are there more out there that give decent hosting?

The two main free hosts companies I know that have been around for awhile are Namepad and Zoomcities.

Back