• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

US urges scientists to block out sun

Well think what you want, I can't change that but don't believe everything the media says and a few things:

1) just because a country in debt is not a good measure of how the economy is doing, I'm not going to argue this point because if you don't know that then you don't know enough to be taking part in this argument anyways

2) okay, I know that the environment is the biggest thing right now in terms of long term affects, but you can't get stuck looking at the big picture and forget about the little things in front of you. the US and many countries like it DRIVES our world and international economy, whether you choose to believe it or not. And if they were to cut back on emissions and etc to a great extent then it WILL affect the ENTIRE world right now in a negative way. Don't believe me? Take some economic classes.

3) I do agree that we need to start using renewable energy sources, I'm just saying that some people who want the US and others to just turn their machines off doesn't know the whole picture.

4) I didn't say anything about the US government's ability to budget, in fact I'm not a fan of the way they do do it but still, you can't argue with the fact the US is one of the major powers in the world at this point and drives a lot of trade and international business.

Anyways, many won't agree with my views and that's fine but please try to remain civilized..I can sense a few people getting too excited. In the end, what you or I think doesn't really make a difference.

Have a nice day.

- Tang

Well think what you want, I can't change that but don't believe everything the media says and a few things:

Personally, I NEVER listen to the media :cool2:

1) just because a country in debt is not a good measure of how the economy is doing, I'm not going to argue this point because if you don't know that then you don't know enough to be taking part in this argument anyways

Not as a single measure, but it is a major factor, as USA's debt is held by China, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Paris Club, etc, and if it pisses off anyone, they'll cut 'em off, and that's the end of USA.
The fact yearly budget deficit doesn't help either.

2) okay, I know that the environment is the biggest thing right now in terms of long term affects, but you can't get stuck looking at the big picture and forget about the little things in front of you. the US and many countries like it DRIVES our world and international economy, whether you choose to believe it or not. And if they were to cut back on emissions and etc to a great extent then it WILL affect the ENTIRE world right now in a negative way. Don't believe me? Take some economic classes.

It may influence it a little bit, but that's it. There are almost 200 countries in the world, the USA is just one of them. USA doesn't drive anything really, China makes all the goods, India has all the support tech and some engineers and Russia has all the resources and scientists and more engineers. Those 3 drive the world. Not to mention the EU, which has unified high standards of everything.
The world is now moving to trade everything in Euros rather than USD for obvious reasons, all the Asian countries are trading or moving to trade in euros, Europe is trading in euros, Russia trades in it's own currency, the M.E. & South America are moving to euros, as far as selling oil and other commodities go. Even Bill Gates switched to Euros, and that idiot ain't a fool when it comes to money (but is when it comes to computers).
Every day, the US has less and less economic importance and influence.
It's all Europe and Asia now.

3) I do agree that we need to start using renewable energy sources, I'm just saying that some people who want the US and others to just turn their machines off doesn't know the whole picture.

I don't think anyone is calling for that, simply a 90% cut in emissions. This can be achieved through a multitude of ways, none of them involving any economic damage, other than the money required from the government, which can just be taken from the pentagon.

4) I didn't say anything about the US government's ability to budget, in fact I'm not a fan of the way they do do it but still, you can't argue with the fact the US is one of the major powers in the world at this point and drives a lot of trade and international business.

Weeeeeeeel. USA imports (twice) more than it exports. A lot of stuff it exports is pretty useless, like microsoft software, rap music, reality tv, etc.
It's a major trader yes, but cutting emissions isn't really going to change that.
The government keeps spreading propaganda that it will destroy the US economy...well it's just not true.

If the US cut emissions, its economy would not have grown to what it is today.

To ask a country like the US and many others, to cut back on emissions at this point will cost billions of dollars and seriously damage the economy. I think that the consequences of doing so is not worth the "possible" results; because we, humans, have no been around long enough to say that we have influenced global warming at all. I mean, we weren't around here the last ice age came around, but it still happened. Maybe global warming is just the earth's way of recycling itself. I am not denying that there is global warming, though it isn't as significant as the media makes it to be, and either am I denying that humans create harmful gases; but I AM saying that we don't know and have no proof that what we are putting into the atmosphere has ANY affect on global warming.

Thing is there wont be a economy in 100 years
And whoe cares about the US Global warming will cost every country billions
So I fail to see your point.
The US has no major power in the world either,
No country does at the end of the day if there was WW3
We are all dead!

I also belive the only real good thing the US has going for it is internet

Last edited:
The US needs to quit thinking as though the world revolves around it.

Americans: "Our country is big and powerful roar, you do as we say, arrrrr, and if we want to waste hundreds of billions on "defense", but don't feel like spending even 1 billion on fighting global warming, and we're screwing the entire world, well that's not our problem, muahahahah, ROAR".

I would support this idea if all the world's scientists researched the problem, so that their opinion isn't biased and economically-grounded, but even if it's so, sometimes decisions like that have the most unprecedented consequences, much worse than the problem they were meant to solve.

Americans: "Our country is big and powerful roar, you do as we say, arrrrr, and if we want to waste hundreds of billions on "defense", but don't feel like spending even 1 billion on fighting global warming, and we're screwing the entire world, well that's not our problem, muahahahah, ROAR".

I don't think its fair to generalize Americans in such a way as you did. Its a known fact that less than 30% of the country supports Bush. Americans want serious change in our government more than any other country on this planet. Theres a lot of pushing going on by the people right now to get alternative fuels in the market. Problem is, the government isn't listening. All they talk about is Oil Oil Oil. Thats because a lot of government officials own a lot of stock in the oil market. There are a few states that are trying to break away from an oil dependency but the oil industry along with the government is doing its best to put a choke hold on E85 so that it can't compete.

The majority of Americans want this stupid war to end but its not going to happen till a new president is elected and maybe not even then. The only time we wanted war was after 9/11 and it was justified. Any country that is capable would have done the same as we did. If not, then maybe you should ask your government why.

We have no choice in how our tax dollars are spent. We don't get to vote on increase or decrease of taxes or how its spent. We'd much rather more of our money be spent on causes like Katrina victims, the families of 9/11 victims and the need for alternative fuels.

Till you're an American and know from experience what its like being an American and putting up with the crap we do, I suggest you don't generalize Americans in your statements. The majority of us see things on a much broader view than you do.

I don't think its fair to generalize Americans in such a way as you did.

I was talking about the government actually. But many people are like that too.

We have no choice in how our tax dollars are spent.

Course you do, chuck an old-fashion nationwide protest, lasting until every last member of the bush administration, and everyone else connected is impeached.
If I was an American, that's what I'd do :beer:

Until you get rid of the fascist arseholes who are in power, there is no way to change things. Republican, democrat - it's not going to make one bit of difference, both republican and democrat presidents have declared and fought wars in the past, and that won't change.

You are right in saying that the people in power make money from oil, they make trillions, but voting democrat isn't going to stop that. Al Gore won the 2000 election, but a majority of 51,003,926 votes were nullified by a band of neo-conservative nazis, who knew that Al Gore would end America's dependence on oil once and for all.

The Clintons are from the same band of criminals as the Bush's, if Hillary gets elected, don't expect anything to change, and the neo-cons won't let Obama get elected, that's for sure.

Last edited:

ROFL,
I agree the US is way to uptight and they do tend to think they "own" the world it just shows you how stupid there goverment really is :p
Why they do this we all tend to sit back and "LOL" @ them.

I mean look they really really truly think they can "block out then sun"
LMAO :lol: :lol:

I think what they should actually do is move the earth further away from the Sun. Maybe using rockets or attaching a rope to Mars and pulling Earth towards Mars.

There are so many alternatives.

EDIT - One more, they could send missiles packed with Ice to the Sun and cool it down. [/sarcasm]

Has anyone noticed yet that China is the dirtiest country in the world...yet the US gets blamed for the most emissions? China has hardly any emissions controls. They use HCL's and CFC's like they going out of style.

Remove MFN status from China, and things might look a little better. Now theres an idea that needs on the Senate.

If the US cut emissions, its economy would not have grown to what it is today.

To ask a country like the US and many others, to cut back on emissions at this point will cost billions of dollars and seriously damage the economy. I think that the consequences of doing so is not worth the "possible" results; because we, humans, have no been around long enough to say that we have influenced global warming at all. I mean, we weren't around here the last ice age came around, but it still happened. Maybe global warming is just the earth's way of recycling itself. I am not denying that there is global warming, though it isn't as significant as the media makes it to be, and either am I denying that humans create harmful gases; but I AM saying that we don't know and have no proof that what we are putting into the atmosphere has ANY affect on global warming.

Anyways, many won't agree with my views and that's fine but please try to remain civilized..I can sense a few people getting too excited. In the end, what you or I think doesn't really make a difference.

Have a nice day.

- Tang

I think this is the one person in the thread with a brain so far. Or at least he's proving to use it. The rest our media suckers. Live on and kiss --- people. :p

Has anyone noticed yet that China is the dirtiest country in the world...yet the US gets blamed for the most emissions? China has hardly any emissions controls. They use HCL's and CFC's like they going out of style.

Remove MFN status from China, and things might look a little better. Now theres an idea that needs on the Senate.

US isn't far behind though.

Has anyone noticed yet that China is the dirtiest country in the world...yet the US gets blamed for the most emissions?

China is cool, the US is not!

Seriously though, I agree, China and Russia are big polluters alongside the US.

On a side note, most countries will experience warming but here in sad old UK, we will be getting colder! :confused4

Supposedly there are a bunch of scientists going to paris for a meeting on global warming. Maybe they'll say lets blow up the sun with fire! :lol:!

That's funny. The US refused to sign the Kyoto Protocol and now they are acting like they WANT to do something about the environment. I don't believe everything I hear in the news. But I have to agree that global warming is getting pretty serious. I wouldn't want my house in florida to get underwater aha ;)

Back