• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Wanna know the most popular board used for

Which forum do you use for post2host services ??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
the earth is at the the center of the universe

Please tell me you're not serious. There isn't a shred of evidence which supports that theory. Talk about being egocentric.

it is possible to observe this as all matter ( with the exclusion of orbitary patterns, i.e the solar system) moves away from the earth at an equal rate, when combined with the big bang theory this in effect allows us to conclude that the earth is the centre of the universe

Things aren't actually moving away from us, the universe is expanding.

its kinda hard to explain as im no teacher, but the universe doesnt have a center, because it is the center, like i said it makes no sense, but then, things on that scale never usually do :p

So then why did you claim we're at the center?

Oh and as to your views on lenin, i didnt say he wasnt a genius, there have been many mad geniuses, while i dont agree with communism, i can tolerate it as long as undue suffering is not caused :)

Excellent :beer:

I cant explain it, but the earth is technically at the center of the universe, there is more than enough evidence to support this theory, check out gcse physics

IPB and PHPBB are very buggy.
vBulletin costs loads of cash.

MyBB is one of the best I think, and I have used it a few months now ;)

vBulletin, no questions asked. IMO, it is the most feature-rich, versatile, and stable forum software available. Sure, it costs a good amount of money, but hey, it's quality software. :) Plus, in the long run, you won't regret it.

Chris

I think phpbb owns it all.

I have a forum board using PhpBB and it freakin rocks. Its good because it is Open Source and tons of people making templates and themes. So many layouts to choose from and it has lots of add-ons. I haven't really used other ones, because PhpBB seems to have it all. This is just my suggestion, PhpBB rocks IMO....:beer:

I have not personally owned a website with a forum till now, but I have been helping my friend in development of his website and I think SMF and phpBB are quite good. especially phpBB due to its ease of use and skinning.

If you want to go paid, nothing can beat vBulletin.

I used phpBB for quite sometime, until I came across SMF. I'm currently using SMF, and couldn't be happier.

phpBB doesn't have the basic features, and when you request something in the community, it sometimes takes days before it's changed/fixed.

The phpBB community is big, but they just don't have the support that I want.

phpbb is really good. But the final version of smf {v1.1.1} simply rocks. I used to think phpbb was the best but now i am an smf freak and i love it.

So in my opinion if you are looking for a good & free forum software that gives even the pricey paid ones {Vb & IPB{i hate IPB}} a run for their money go for SMF 1.1.x {or phpbb}

i use smf, lots of "professional designs and simple". I just can't find a professional design and simple (can you look for me ^_^) but about in the mod part, it stinks lol. also its very buggy in my part but its next to paid for me. i just need to get a free simple and professional design to make me go to phpbb

I like phpBB because of it's open source. They're is a vast amount of mods for it.

yeah, this topic is old ( sighs as he remembers the great arguement he had here, but im afraid, that php is always going to be free and therefore more of a communities development tool rather than a REALLY proffesional bussiness alternative,

phpBB's codebase is no more or less secure than IPB or vB thier source code is available for all of them, nothin is compiled, so if you put your mind to it you can hack any of them as easy as the next. Possibly because phpbb actually allow free downloads of thier source code they are at a disadvantage, but once the code is infront of you, it's all the same.

phpBB's codebase is no more or less secure than IPB or vB thier source code is available for all of them, nothin is compiled, so if you put your mind to it you can hack any of them as easy as the next. Possibly because phpbb actually allow free downloads of thier source code they are at a disadvantage, but once the code is infront of you, it's all the same.

What is it about open source that you don't understand?

If we have 3 codebases, where 1 is checked by thousands more programmers than the other 2 combined, it HAS to be more secure.

Nobody is claiming that any forum software is 100% hack-proof, but phpbb is more so, because there are more people helping to spot security problems.

It's a very easy thing to understand :evilb:

What is it about open source that you don't understand?

If we have 3 codebases, where 1 is checked by thousands more programmers than the other 2 combined, it HAS to be more secure.

Nobody is claiming that any forum software is 100% hack-proof, but phpbb is more so, because there are more people helping to spot security problems.

It's a very easy thing to understand :evilb:

There are more people helping spot security flaws, but on the flip side, there are more people hacking it because it's open source. :beer:

There are more people helping spot security flaws, but on the flip side, there are more people hacking it because it's open source. :beer:

Forums don't get hacked because the underlying software is widely used or because it's "easy", or for any other such reason.

They get hacked because the community/owner isn't liked by the hacker.

Forums don't get hacked because the underlying software is widely used or because it's "easy", or for any other such reason.

They get hacked because the community/owner isn't liked by the hacker.

You should let iSkorpitX know that, because he does it just because that's what he enjoys doing. It has nothing to do with liking or disliking anyone.

Yabb is good, but its quite simple.

Guys this has become a software bashing session. When in the end all software does some things better than others.

- IPB doesnt have few mods, check out invisionize.com also if its kins you want i can give you just over 5000 ( beat that )

IPB is more secure than phpbb, as phpbb have the major disadvantage of being free, which any hacker with half a mind can download the source code, however if he/she wishes to do this he has to spill out over $160 for an IPB/VB liscence

Dude, any script kiddy can get IPB source.

The difference with phpbb is, too many people are helping to make it secure, which is why it's more secure.

Open source is an advantage, not a disadvantage.

Last edited:
Dude, any script kiddy can get IPB source.

The difference with phpbb is, too many people are helping to make it secure, which is why it's more secure.

Open source is an advantage, not a disadvantage.

There are many people to support phpBB, however, there are just as many people hacking it, because it's open source. Open source is great, but phpBB really isn't that much better, when it comes to security.

phpBB is the most hacked bulletin board software to date.

- Lucas

Back