• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What's up with Bush and Saddam

Originally posted by murat
well, saddam hussain got 100% of the votes in iraqs last election... do yoe reaaly there is any democraty in iraq ?

I thought he got 96%? :p

Anyway, who needs democracy? Singapore and China certainly aren't democracies, and they're the two best-run nations in Asia. Every single democratic government in Asia is falling fast because the people are poor and will vote for the person that is willing to give them $10. The Philippines, Bangladesh, and Indonesia have the three worst governments in East Asia - and all three are so-called "democracies". Neighboring countries Malaysia, Brunei, and Singapore have been progressing at a rapid speed, and all three are dictatorships. If we move further up north, we see Japan and Taiwan. As if the corrupt elections weren't bad enough, over here, we see people throwing shoes and chairs at each other in a Congress meeting - and it's not a rare incident either. Don't forget Japan's free-falling Kieretsu economy (and if Japan had not been a democracy, the pathetic economic system would have been long abandoned), and Taiwan's struggling political and economic stability. Democracy is a concept that is wonderful for rich people with strong moral principles, but in poorer nations, it will always fail.

Probably everyone was scared to not vote for him or they would be zapped :fork: :fork: :fork: ogre2

Originally posted by Wojtek
Nuclear weapons possesion by Iraq is just a bullshit excuse to start war with them. Don't tell me the states and iraq are the only 2 countries in this world that posses nuclear stuff.... :rolleyes:
It helps if you take the time to read properly before you hit the reply button.
"And as opposed to Iraq, some of the ones that don't like each other do have nuclear weapons."

the usa will kill "the evil people" and the population will be free again same as germany 1945 or afghanistan 2002
after that th us will help the people building a new great country, and iam pretty sure the iraqis 2040 will be very happy to live in a free country. thanx to the usa
I'm sure they're just sitting on the edge of their seats waiting to see if any of the upcoming million deaths will be their family or someone they know. I'm sure the parents of the three quarter of a million children that died due to the war and UN sanctions can't wait either.
War doesn't kill "evil people", it kills the innocent ones.

(I'm sure the US will be as humane as possible in killing Iraqi soldiers as well... like bulldozering them into the ground http://jeff.paterson.net/aw/aw4_buried_alive.htm )

Last edited:
Originally posted by conkermaniac
I thought he got 96%? :p

Anyway, who needs democracy? Singapore and China certainly aren't democracies, and they're the two best-run nations in Asia.

Gee, I sure see plenty of them running as fast as they can to get on the first boat to America they can afford. I guess they dont quite agree with you..

Originally posted by CareBear
It helps if you take the time to read properly before you hit the reply button.
"And as opposed to Iraq, some of the ones that don't like each other do have nuclear weapons."

I'm sure they're just sitting on the edge of their seats waiting to see if any of the upcoming million deaths will be their family or someone they know. I'm sure the parents of the three quarter of a million children that died due to the war and UN sanctions can't wait either.
War doesn't kill "evil people", it kills the innocent ones.

(I'm sure the US will be as humane as possible in killing Iraqi soldiers as well... like bulldozering them into the ground http://jeff.paterson.net/aw/aw4_buried_alive.htm )

Although I do disagree with burying the enemy alive (at least shoot them in the head first :devious2: ), I am concerned about where this will go. We are the country that's full of wimps concerned about the rights of mass murders and give them luxourious prison cells to live in. Soon, if not already, you will have activist groups marching that it's inhumane to shoot the enemy in battle. What would they have us do? Chunk water balloons at them??

There can't be any country with more human rights abuses than...the United States. America should shut up and stop complaining about Iraq and China and look at how bad the United States has been.
I fully agree with you, I used China only as an example of our double-standards. America's own history is more than spotty, it's downright black. We should acknowledge it and our first priority should be cleaning up our own act, so to speak, but that doesn't mean we should condone China or Iraq or any country just because they are making the same mistakes we have made and are making.

Gee, I sure see plenty of them running as fast as they can to get on the first boat to America they can afford. I guess they dont quite agree with you.
You'll see people fleeing to and from wherever you go, regardless of whether you find the conditions good or bad. One man's paradise is another's nightmare, government notwithstanding. Because people flee from Singapore does not mean there aren't those pleased to be there. Because people flee from China does not mean there aren't those pleased to be there. Because people flee from the US does not mean there aren't those pleased to be there, you prove this yourself.

A democracy is not good to all, no more than a dictatorship is. If everyone was in agreement there would be no need of either one. Not to mention "democracy" and "dictatorship" are only words. It's foolish to think every country that calls itself a democracy is one. Even America, while it may idealize one, isn't a democracy by any stretch of the mind. Likewise, few countries governed by dictators are truly dictatorships. What works out on paper rarely does in life, true government is much more free-flowing and adaptive than that. A "dictatorship" can be just as successful as a "democracy", a "democracy" can be just as corrupt as a "dictatorship". This isn't a western, no one's wearing a white hat.

In short, the idea that people flee from dictators is a simple one and a very arrogant one. People flee from poor conditions, be it poverty or famine or social oppression-- conditions that are not localized to any one type of government and not global to all peoples of that government.

We are the country that's full of wimps concerned about the rights of mass murders and give them luxourious prison cells to live in. Soon, if not already, you will have activist groups marching that it's inhumane to shoot the enemy in battle. What would they have us do? Chunk water balloons at them?
You're a very close-minded man, Webdude. I know you don't think this of yourself, I've read many of the threads you've participated in, but you truly are. You see only one side, it's always us and them. It's important that you understand there are viewpoints different from yours. You may disagree with them on all counts and believe them wholly misguided, but you must at least accept them and understand there are those that do agree with them. It's not us and them, you shouldn't close yourself off and irreverently jab at and make light of your self-made enemies. Keep an open mind and don't turn away ideas because they don't follow your own.

Everyone is guilty of arrogance; it's a flaw common to all of us, don't feel I'm singling you out. If you see it, you can get beyond it and hope to find understanding, but arrogance that goes without being acknowledged only perpetuates itself. If you ask me, this is America's problem. America is arrogant. America is very arrogant. It's easy enough for others to see it, and see it they have, but it takes a decided effort for each individual American to see it in themselves, and it's a terribly frightful sight few want to chance finding.

I hope you understand and don't take offense. Even if you do take offense outwardly, I hope you've at least had pause.

war heads

well, so many people posted that sadam doesn't have nuclear tools. They found war heads that he said he didn't have to. Also, people say why are we acting now. Well, he has had since 1992. Also, he is a threat and is untrustful, unlike these other countries. Although, I to would say no war, until they found the war heads.

democracy

we aren't a democracy? I would say we are. Democracy meaning rule by the people. Sure, we elect people to make our choices. But we elect lots of people to make our choice, therefor popular opinion is democracy. it's not possible for everyone to make their own choice and have it in to effect. we should put a certain amount of trust into those people we elected and if they do something we don't agree with, we should remove. As far as the war, I think in our minds, we both feel we are fighting for the good of all. However, I still fail to see where persecution can ever be reasonable.

Originally posted by Dusty
... America's own history is more than spotty, it's downright black...
cmon.
look at europe and usa
while afroamericans just had less rights, jews in europe werent allowed to live

hey perople, just imagine you live in iraq.
you MUST be muslim. your wives/kids MUST wear these big things and werent allowed to show their face in public, if you are unlucky or a part of the kurdish population in northern iraq, you would get killed. if you wouldnt vote for saddam, you family and you would get killed, if you dont like him, the same will happen

and sure, people will die. thats war. but if saddam wont cought, he will kill more people then a war would kill
just watch at germany 1945, the world had to kill people to make the population free

Originally posted by murat
cmon.
look at europe and usa
while afroamericans just had less rights, jews in europe werent allowed to live

The African-Americans not only had less rights - they were slaves! The treatment of the Jews in Europe was certainly vile, but was slavery better? And don't forget, the US was involved in the assassinations of two world leaders and the overthrowing and destabilizing of many others.

you MUST be muslim.
That doesn't matter. Pretty much everyone is Muslim already. :rolleyes:

your wives/kids MUST wear these big things and werent allowed to show their face in public,
That's not true at all. Most of Iraq, including Hussein, are Sunni Muslims. They are much more liberal than countries such as Pakistan. Because wearing veils is a Muslim tradition, women do so anyway, even without being told to do so - for fear of looking disrespectful in front of their peers. Why don't you go tell the Jews to stop wearing those beanies? It's the same question.

if you are unlucky or a part of the kurdish population in northern iraq, you would get killed. if you wouldnt vote for saddam, you family and you would get killed, if you dont like him, the same will happen
That happens in Africa everyday. Why don't you go complain about these African leaders? Saddam is far more moderate in terms of killing people than they are.

and sure, people will die. thats war. but if saddam wont cought, he will kill more people then a war would kill
just watch at germany 1945, the world had to kill people to make the population free
The fact is, Saddam Hussein is not committing that many human rights abuses. If the US truly cared about the welfare of the people around the world, they should go knocking on Africa's doors first - NOT the Middle East.

Last edited:
I fully agree with you, I used China only as an example of our double-standards. America's own history is more than spotty, it's downright black. We should acknowledge it and our first priority should be cleaning up our own act, so to speak, but that doesn't mean we should condone China or Iraq or any country just because they are making the same mistakes we have made and are making.
Yes, I totally agree! I truly believe that China has a long way to go in terms of human rights, but America has seemed to ignore all their faults while criticizing others.

You'll see people fleeing to and from wherever you go, regardless of whether you find the conditions good or bad. One man's paradise is another's nightmare, government notwithstanding. Because people flee from Singapore does not mean there aren't those pleased to be there. Because people flee from China does not mean there aren't those pleased to be there. Because people flee from the US does not mean there aren't those pleased to be there, you prove this yourself.
Well, what I think Webdude needs to understand is that Chinese people flee to US because they want to make more money. Competition is fierce in China, the most populated country in the world. Therefore, there's much more opportunity in the United States. I would say that the majority of Chinese people couldn't care less about politics and freedoms - their first concern is always money. If they were given a choice between China and Kenya (a democratic country that is equally poor), how many do you seriously think would choose to live in Kenya? In fact, I bet you can come up with an exact number. Webdude was brought up in a society where nobody goes hungry - that's why he can't understand how they feel.

A democracy is not good to all, no more than a dictatorship is. If everyone was in agreement there would be no need of either one. Not to mention "democracy" and "dictatorship" are only words. It's foolish to think every country that calls itself a democracy is one. Even America, while it may idealize one, isn't a democracy by any stretch of the mind. Likewise, few countries governed by dictators are truly dictatorships. What works out on paper rarely does in life, true government is much more free-flowing and adaptive than that. A "dictatorship" can be just as successful as a "democracy", a "democracy" can be just as corrupt as a "dictatorship". This isn't a western, no one's wearing a white hat.
Democracies tend to be work very well in Western countries, but as far as I can see, it has failed miserably in Asia, Africa, and South America. Dusty said it perfectly: democracies can be just as bad as dictatorships can be. The problem is that one shoe size doesn't fit all. China has finally found a match in blending a capitalist economy with a Communist government. The United States has progressed throughout the years, sticking firmly to the road of democracy (or so they say, hmm... :D). Uganda has put a damper on their AIDS crisis thanks to an emerging dictator who has devoted himself to promoting the welfare of his people. Even Somalia, of all countries - at the moment a semi-anarchy - their infrastructure is improving. As for the struggling countries, they are still trying to find the perfect fit, but with the US using food aid as "ransom", that process has been slowed. China doesn't go around the world imposing a Communist government on everyone - Europe and the US shouldn't either.

Everyone is guilty of arrogance; it's a flaw common to all of us, don't feel I'm singling you out. If you see it, you can get beyond it and hope to find understanding, but arrogance that goes without being acknowledged only perpetuates itself. If you ask me, this is America's problem. America is arrogant. America is very arrogant. It's easy enough for others to see it, and see it they have, but it takes a decided effort for each individual American to see it in themselves, and it's a terribly frightful sight few want to chance finding.
I will admit to being arrogant. :p Anyway, I have talked to a large variety people in my school - from Americans to Europeans and Asians in my school - and it seems that pretty much everyone (except the Americans) seem to agree that Americans are self-conscious, proud, overweight dimwits. Now, of course, I am offended by this, being American myself, but I think that America and Americans have represented themselves rather badly. I'm not suggesting that Europe or Asia is any better (I think that's a subject better left for another time ;)), but Americans really need to take a look at themselves. From choosing the Star-Spangled Banner as our national anthem to building the most powerful military in the world - is war really the symbol that represents us?

The African-Americans not only had less rights - they were slaves! The treatment of the Jews in Europe was certainly vile, but was slavery better? And don't forget, the US was involved in the assassinations of two world leaders and the overthrowing and destabilizing of many others.

call me a slavefreehistory of any nation
and dont forget, the europeans brought the slaves to america, and after they melt in the pot, the americans stopped this slave thing
facism was started by europeans and stopped by americans

That doesn't matter. Pretty much everyone is Muslim already. :rolleyes:

well, iam not

That's not true at all. Most of Iraq, including Hussein, are Sunni Muslims. They are much more liberal than countries such as Pakistan. Because wearing veils is a Muslim tradition, women do so anyway, even without being told to do so - for fear of looking disrespectful in front of their peers. Why don't you go tell the Jews to stop wearing those beanies? It's the same question.

i remember to something i saw in turkish tv, 2 iraqi girls got killed by iraq regime coz they didnt wear this things and loughed in public

That happens in Africa everyday. Why don't you go complain about these African leaders? Saddam is far more moderate in terms of killing people than they are.

america cant be everywhere, after the taliban, they ll clean out iraq after that north korea and then somalia

The fact is, Saddam Hussein is not committing that many human rights abuses. If the US truly cared about the welfare of the people around the world, they should go knocking on Africa's doors first - NOT the Middle East.

do you dislike africans ? or why you the usa to
well, i dont know much places in africa where the usa could change something...

Every body seems to be dodging my question;

How many kids are we going to kill?

Everyone seems to be skiping past that question and arguing whether there is a justification for war. Which side is purer? Who started it?

Its easier to justify war when we talk about human rights and democracy and such.

Its really hard to justify any war when we look at a dead body.

"War is not healthy for children and other living things."

Ok...so it is better to avoid war and let a dictator kill the kids at his whim, instead of us taking out his government and possibily killing kids unintentionally? In the long run, I think less kids would die if we went to war.....unless nukes get involved. God I hope all sides avoid using nukes. Once one launches, the rest wont be far behind.

It's true I grew up where no-one goes hungry, for the most part. The worst case I've been in was being down to a 1/3 jar of peanut butter and some crackers. Things got worse, I was on the streets as a teen. I am arrogant because I was smart enough to get myself out of that situation. I searched for the answers and found my way out instead of crying "woe is me." I was as poor at that time as anyone anywhere. There were a few times I had rabbit for dinner in the woods at a campfire....I became quite a good shot with chunking rocks :D Fact is.....I was smart enough to find my way out of that situation. I didnt ask for help from anyone, and I didnt get help. Maybe that affects my judgement. I think people dont try hard enough, give up, and just live with their situation. I am happy where I am now because I put myself here. However, although I may be arrogant, I am not heartless. I will help someone if I can, and if they are in real need.

I have no problem in helping people move to the U.S. as long as they promise to work hard, make something of themselves, and not abuse our welfare systems. However, I am more inclined to help people in my own country because I feel I have the obligation to do so rather than someone in some other country.

I also think my arrogance is more pride in how I have lived my life, where I was, and that fact I got to where I am now by my own means, not someone else's. Arrogance is a pride where you look down your nose at others, I dont do that. I believe all people are equal.....and in reality maybe I dont think even Saddam is all that bad considering our media is only going to report our side. We go into those countries bullying our agenda's onto them....I wouldnt sit back and take it either if I was Saddam. I do know that now people are put to death there for such things as stealing a fruit, but that's a side effect of our sanctions on them. I think the People of the U.S. want to do the right thing, but our Government is going about it all the wrong way. I'm not saying that Saddam is good, but I sure would like to go to Iraq and see it all for myself, not what the media reports. Then I could decide for myself who is in the right. I'm sure both sides do a lot of good, both sides do a lot of bad. Those things are so tied up into each other that we can never decide who's right. On a simplistic level....a husband and wife argue about what color the walls should be. Who is wrong? AFter their eventual divorce, both sides tend to exaggerate about the other's bad side, it's propaganda. I dont believe for a second Saddam goes around killing children at his own whim.....or many of the other things our Government claims he does either. He talks bad about us to his people....but our Governments do the same with us.

Ok, I'm done now :p

I find it odd his "evil" suddenly matters now when no one seemed to mind just a short while ago.
that "no one" was bill clinton, the most wreckless and irresponsible president in american history.

Clinton dropped many bombs in the so-called "no fly zones" and enforced utterly barbaric sanctions in Iraq. He's not blameless, I never said he was. My non-support of Bush does not have any bearing on whether I supported Clinton. Be that as it may, after the Gulf War, little was done beyond periodic air raids and largely unpublicized spy operations. No one cared-- not us, not Clinton, not even Bush. Bush said nothing about Iraq or the "evils" of its president until his 9/11 high began to wane. What's so pressing now that was unimportant then?

I'd hold off on awarding the reckless irresponsibility award. Clinton was no snow-white lamb, but there were worse presidents before him and after him... well, a certain someone seems to be vying for the crown-- but I sincerely hope for everyone's sake he's not quite as imbecilic and sadistic as he appears to be.

Back