• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Why they all lie?

Pay for hosting if you want it to be reliable. Free hosts can "lie" all they want. what's it to them if they "lie" to you, as they're hosting you for free. - They lose there credibility, but that's really to the prerogative of the person hosting you.

Not all freehosts lie, actually, some are better than paid hosting on average, especially for support there are some which give better support than any paid host I know off.
But paid or free, go for one with a BIG forum plainly visible on their homepage; read posts, post some messages to see what other people think. If they have a big and busy forum, the support and help will be very good. If no forum, they have something to hide. In my experience at least; I know of a few cases were a paid hoster opened up a forum and got hundreds of complaints from users that their hosting was bad. They closed it down fast again.
There are freehosts and paid hosts which have tens of thousands of messages in their forum asking support which is given within an hour after posting and which contains high praise. Go for that!

Usually, those sites close fast...like AHplace.com, it used to give up to 10gigs, but then shut down.

Speaking of which, now newer freehosting sites are just clones with different plans, etc, because they all think that "LAYEREDPANEL PWNS!!!" or something like that, but it's like a control panel that looks too simple.

We use Layeredpanel (we tried DA, cpanel and xpanel before); it is fully customizable and very stable. You cannot compare it to cPanel or Directadmin as it is for freehosting which is a completely different dynamic than paid hosting. The fact that most freehosts look the same is because LP is the most used free host panel and these people are trying to earn money quick. Which does not work. However, if you are in it for the long run and want to make a stable freehost which makes a profit, LP cannot be beaten.

The thing about 'free' hosting is that most companys need something in return because a host is not going to pay $100 a month for a vps then not gain any money for it, instead of free try find cheap hosting, its much more reliable.

The thing about 'free' hosting is that most companys need something in return because a host is not going to pay $100 a month for a vps then not gain any money for it, instead of free try find cheap hosting, its much more reliable.

With enough members freehosts make enough $. Check sitepoint for freehost sales and see their revenue. Freehosting makes profit if done right, but you need *a lot* of members which is a goal for that. Friend of mine with a freehost with less than 20.000 members running for 2 months (started 2 months ago) earns about $3000-3500 from banners and affiliates and got a bid on that site of $60.000. So, simply put, when running a freehost for 1 year, you'll stand to make 40-50k (probably more) and when you sell it, it'll add 60k or more. Which makes it more profitable than most paid hosts. Ofcourse you must be good at getting members which is infinitely easier with free than paid hosting.

less than 20.000 members running for 2 months (started 2 months ago) earns about $3000-3500 from banners and affiliates and got a bid on that site of $60.000. So, simply put, when running a freehost for 1 year, you'll stand to make 40-50k (probably more) and when you sell it, it'll add 60k or more.

Whoaa:rolleyes2 20,000 members in 2 months! Great!
I wonder if he also owns 90% of the internet. :angel:

Anyway, 30 is also less than 20.000. :beer:

Back