• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Emo and goth to be made illegal in Russia

themoose

Sup, Recoil here.
NLC
The Russian government is in the process of drafting a law to make emo and goth music illegal.

Last month a parliamentary committee was convened to discuss a draft proposal of the Russian government's Government Strategy In The Sphere Of Spiritual And Ethical Education bill, the details of which were leaked to The Moscow Times. The newspaper subsequently reported that, among other things, the draft bill dubbed the musical movements a "dangerous teen trend" and called for emo and goth websites to be regulated and young people dressing like emos or goths to be banned from entering schools and government buildings.

The newspaper interviewed one of the bill's authors, Igor Ponkin from the Russian Interior Ministry's Public Oversight Council. Ponkin called emo a "social danger" and "a threat to national stability" and said the bill is a reaction to teen suicides such as the tragic death of British teenager Hannah Bond.

"This type of behaviour is a crucial part of emo ideology," said Ponkin. "Of course there are emo teens who just listen to their music. But our actions are not directed at them but rather at those who also hurt themselves, commit suicide and promote those acts."

The Moscow Times also interviewed psychologist Inna Cherkova who said:

"Suicide is not a symptom of emo culture. I work with other teens too, and every group has emotionally troubled kids."

However, the bill is expected to become law in Russia before the end of the year.
http://www2.kerrang.com/2008/07/emo_and_goth_to_be_made_illega.html

Haha, crazy Russians. They have the right idea :lol:

Define: Goth Music....
Anyways, I like my metal and if they don't like it they can screw their motherland from the rear.

lol. From a friend I know, he told me what it's like there if you do like Gothic/Emo music, or even dress that way, it's a living nightmare.

A bit of an extreme motion.. don't you think?

I know of no one who dresses like that.. but I'm a firm believer of each to his/her own.

Looks like I'm moving to Russia. Can they make laws making it illegal to dress like these douchebags?

They're trying, certainly.

...and young people dressing like emos or goths to be banned from entering schools and government buildings.

Incredible. I love how societies point the finger at everything but the person with the problem.

Oh no Goth music is killing our children!

They probably fail to mention that medical imbalances are to blame, or neglectful parents.

EDIT: Wow -16 rep for someone that is real mature commenting on penis size. Sorry buddy, you may have the honor of staring at male packages, but you dont need to share that with me.

Last edited:
Stupid move, half these movements are about defying "the establishment" all this does is legitimize that claim.

haha, that is freakin funny. Emo and Goth is pretty lame, but, i highly doubt that the music is the only thing that is making these deaths happen. that is like saying i am going to go rob someone or shoot someone cause i like hip hop. i think they should just ban the music cause it just plain old sucks, but, that is my opinion.

You guys read into this way too much. They politicize the reasons for doing this way too much. We all know they're doing it because emo and goth REALLY suck

I think its a great idea. But only for people that think emo and goth is the ---- that you see in Hot Topic and on the radio

A great test would be:
Name a band that originated emo:
Correct answers: Rites of Spring, Fugazi, Embrace, hell even Sonic Youth
Incorrect answers: Anything after 1995

Name a band that originated goth:
Correct answers: The Cure, Killing Joke, The Damned
Incorrect answers: Anything after 1990-1992

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_emo_bands said:
30 Seconds to Mars
AFI
Fall Out Boy
Funeral for a Friend