• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Unprofessional act by StoneRocket admins

Any company that will offer services, free or otherwise, should act in a professional way. If in any of my myriad of sites I have had over the years, I had an admin or moderator treat a member, regardless of how immature, obscene, whatever they were like that, they would be relieved of duties, period.

Seeing the first couple posts by stonerocket, that makes me never to even attempt to get hosting of any kind there. Hosts get bad review by people, its part of business. But when you support the actions of a disruptive and unprofessional forum admin, its easier to dismiss said admin then subject yourself and company to the extremely bad PR now gotten in this thread, putting off several potential customers.

I didn't read the full thread until now. After reading this thread, did the admin get demoted? I think the admin was smoking some crack. When you have a hosting community, your supposed to gain clients. Not lose them.

Did you do more than apologize in this thread? You should unban the guy that you guys banned.

It hurts to see replies like this, My role in SR is SEO and Promotion, And pay the server bills.

We may not be perfect but we do try.

Well what did you expect? That he was going to crawl down a hole and die? If you are going to do that to your members, you'd better be that they are going to do something like this.

This is what is wrong here:

1: the admin gave the user an infraction for something he probably didn't deserve it for(but maybe he did), and did not give reason.
2: the user creates a thread asking the opinion of the other admins about this, and the admin permabans him.
3: the user comes to freewebspace.net forums(and others) and posts his experience here, where thousands of people can see it. the lead admin(who is also in charge of PR/Promotion, instead of apologizing to the user or giving a counterargument, says " Sorry you feel that way, I hope you have more success with another provider."... thats not really going to endear you to customers after they read that...
4: and from your about us page: "Friendly Web Master Community"... i don't know what you are talking about there because NOTHING you have said so far to this customer was friendly.

I was hosted by SR too. Must say i was banned in a simillar manner too. My username was (as it is on EVERY forum) somik. I did not spam. Did not post adult content, nor had any issue with any of the staff members, or normal members.

One fine day, i got a mail that i was banned from the server. It was a parmanent ban. I emailed the admin there to ask why i was banned. No reply. I submitted a contact form, still no reply...

I finally signed up with another username and asked why i was banned. They told me that it was because i had a link to my website in my signature, which was a webhosting company... Then they banned that account too...

I only joined the forum cause i was too bored and had nothing to do. I did not request any hosting either. Still if they ban people without so much as a warning, i guess they just think they are good, while in reality:

StoneRocket forums are run by cry babies...

Now i advice people i know to avoid StoneRocket hosting, along with 000web, cause they both suck.

If i really could, i would like to see the admin/mods face to face to check if they really are babies or not!

From Somik.
Admin of Hostwoot.com
SuperMod of Meekhost.com
SuperMod of Tubehosting.co.uk
SuperMod of MyDomainFree.com
Former SuperMod of FridayHosting.com
Former Admin of Coolhost.in

Just noticed something. If this is all true, then the StoneRocket admins and staff should be doing everything they can to keep people happy. Besides the fact that they should be giving respect at all times, even if the person or persons do not return it.

It is called ethics. Whether you have it or not definitely affects the host. Just because you are too lazy to make everything happy means that you do not care for the hosted persons and therefore make yourself a bad host. Why would a person host with you if you are not able to keep peace or even attempt to?

In my opinion, get a backbone, support your host, and get some ethics.

Just noticed something. If this is all true, then the StoneRocket admins and staff should be doing everything they can to keep people happy. Besides the fact that they should be giving respect at all times, even if the person or persons do not return it.

It is called ethics. Whether you have it or not definitely affects the host. Just because you are too lazy to make everything happy means that you do not care for the hosted persons and therefore make yourself a bad host. Why would a person host with you if you are not able to keep peace or even attempt to?

In my opinion, get a backbone, support your host, and get some ethics.

Yes, you got the nail on the head! You just said everything I wanted to say. We should actually thank OP for creating this thread - which brought to light the many unsatisfied customers, and their factual stories about StoneRocket.

They've gotten a big bump in PR, but, unfortunately for them, in the opposite way most Hosting Companies would want it to be in.
If i really could, i would like to see the admin/mods face to face to check if they really are babies or not!

From Somik.
Admin of Hostwoot.com
SuperMod of Meekhost.com
SuperMod of Tubehosting.co.uk
SuperMod of MyDomainFree.com
Former SuperMod of FridayHosting.com
Former Admin of Coolhost.in

Well... you didn't have to actually list that. We're just having casual chat.

Last edited:
I finally signed up with another username and asked why i was banned. They told me that it was because i had a link to my website in my signature, which was a webhosting company... Then they banned that account too...

Can that link be considered as SR's competitor? (is it also a free web hosting?)

If yes, I must say that it's your fault.

You should never, ever, 'advertise' (in any manner) a competitor on one's place. It's like placing another country's flag on the white house without permission. It's just hardly acceptable...

Imagine if SR does the same in your web host... How will you feel?

I have several members, staff & owners from another web hosting company (free & paid), truly competitors, in my forum. However, they never put any link, of any kind, anywhere, about their host. They don't even put the host's name.

If no, then SR's action is just totally unnecessary.

That's my view & opinion about your case.

My website is http://www.somik.org/ and as you can see, its a Website Showcase. I dont host any users there. Only my friends in real life and my family members. Its not open to public since i try to avoid the issue of abuse. I have about 30 sites on that reseller accounts, all by me, and i dont want to risk them by providing free or paid hosting.

.Bobby said:
Well... you didn't have to actually list that. We're just having casual chat.

Well, it was to show that i am not the type of member who goes from webhost to webhost just to abuse its services or post spam.

You should never, ever, 'advertise' (in any manner) a competitor on one's place. It's like placing another country's flag on the white house without permission. It's just hardly acceptable...

Well, SR Admins could have simply sent a PM to the user in question and request a removal of the link(s) within a specified period of time, or get removed from the site altogether. An immediate Banishment from the site altogether, is unnecessary then.

Well, SR Admins could have simply sent a PM to the user in question and request a removal of the link(s) within a specified period of time, or get removed from the site altogether. An immediate Banishment from the site altogether, is unnecessary then.

That really depends on the person... What I normally do when I find "inappropriate" signature is remove the signature & kindly inform the member.

However, different places have different policies... In my site, that's what I do... in SR, it might be different... I can't really blame SR for that...

That's just my opinion... :)

Cheers :beer:

That really depends on the person... What I normally do when I find "inappropriate" signature is remove the signature & kindly inform the member.

However, different places have different policies... In my site, that's what I do... in SR, it might be different... I can't really blame SR for that...

That's just my opinion... :)

Cheers :beer:
Yeah, I share your views. Afterall, those Admins have direct control to delete anything they find an eyesore right? (around the forums at least, with/without discretion) Is permanent Banishment the only way out?

Exactly.... and what's acceptable for me does not necessarily have to be acceptable for them... They can do whatever they want with their forum... No one can complaint... You don't like it, you move to another web host... right?

If you don't like a web host, you can always come to my web host, right? :p :p :p No one's forcing you to stay there...

Last edited:
I love drama, very interesting thread. Totaly disagree with stone rocket, should of handled it alot better, admin that banned should be demoted/temaray suspension. Ceo should apolagize and unban so the pr will not go down. So i guess stonerocket goes agenst what they say they are all about, so sad.

Dam i am retarded, i lost my spell checker on firefox, not working uh oh. now every 1 knows im a redneck.

I love drama, very interesting thread. Totaly disagree with stone rocket, should of handled it alot better, admin that banned should be demoted/temaray suspension. Ceo should apolagize and unban so the pr will not go down. So i guess stonerocket goes agenst what they say they are all about, so sad.

Dam i am retarded, i lost my spell checker on firefox, not working uh oh. now every 1 knows im a redneck.

Lol. It seems like firefox had taken it away. I'd reinstall my firefox later on and see if there's any difference.

Guess we shouldn't get too off topic.

I quite disagree with that... I will not demote the admin who banned the OP as long as he is willing to change.

He learned a lesson, he gained something valuable. He's now a valuable 'asset' to the company.

Am I right?

Yeah, I agree with you. When a Staff Member makes a mistake, he would feel more concious of his actions in the following term of his. This makes him, usually, better than other Staff Members in terms of competency, as, like mentioned above, he does not want to make another mistake.

Last edited:
What is the warnings for? They cant just ban someone who just wants to post on their forum! I wasn't even spamming or advertising!

And noone read my posts :(

My website is http://www.somik.org/ and as you can see, its a Website Showcase. I dont host any users there. Only my friends in real life and my family members. Its not open to public since i try to avoid the issue of abuse. I have about 30 sites on that reseller accounts, all by me, and i dont want to risk them by providing free or paid hosting.

http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1067639&postcount=30

What is the warnings for? They cant just ban someone who just wants to post on their forum! I wasn't even spamming or advertising!

And noone read my posts :(

Yes, I read your post...

Really? Everyone will think differently after seeing your site... Especially after seeing the "Get Hosted" link which is pointing to http://www.somik.org/register/ :classic2:

Check out this page.... http://www.somik.org/register/order/ What impression do you get from this? Does your site looks like what you just described?

Advertising other Free Web Hosting Sites is not acceptable in the forum or in your website hosted for free by Stonerocket , You will get a warning by one of the staff members once , next time will result in forum ban and account termination .
(Taken from SR's forum rules: http://www.stonerocket.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10)

Hmmm... Have you done this once or twice?

If once, then SR's staff don't even read their own rules... :shame:
If twice, then you deserve it... :angel:

Back