• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Unprofessional act by StoneRocket admins

veivei

I recently sign up with stonerocket, tried to get a free hosting there to test things out with some CMS.
Things worked out fine until tonight I got a warning message about one of my post on their forum.

Please read carefully on this topic: http://www.stonerocket.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=14493
Just in case the post is removed, please take a look at this image.

After the guy locked the forum, I post another one explaining that I didn't mean to attack him through a forum post. I just want to make it clear that I didn't do anything wrong and want my warning removed. And want them to consider the post as a member comment to improve the community in the future but I don't think they want to listen.

Then I was banned permanently with a reason of Childish Behavior after posting another topic explaining that the admins should've more friendly and open minded on any issues because I post what I have in mind on the right sub-forum (Comments & Suggestions).
Comments and Suggestions
We value your opinion! Please say your likes and dislikes in here and please suggest ways to improve StoneRocket

They're really not valued my opinion, they're doesn't want any open discussion about their admin's actions and decided just to give me a permanent ban.
I don't feel it's right, but I don't have the power to make things right there if the administrators are acted like that. Give warnings, lock discussion, ban people without any valid reason just because they have power to do that. Now who's being childish here?

This kind of thing can be avoided if we're all stay chill and open minded on any discussion.
And since I don't think that I will welcomed back there I would suggest them to be more fair to their members, and stick to the rules they made (I don't see that) to establish a good community.

*this post does not mean to advertise other free hosting provider.
*I've also post on various forum discussion because once again I want to make it clear and I don't feel like being treated fair as a member at StoneRocket.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see any effort in the Hosting Provider trying to rectify, or explain the situation to the customer.

Sorry you feel that way, I hope you have more success with another provider.

Absolutely, because most provider have alot better staff than dissapointing stonerocket administrators especially un4saken who just showing off his admin power. And most provider will value any opinions, not locking the thread or even ban their member just because they don't like the comments / opinions. Once again, who's acting childish? Either un4saken or some other stonerocket admins still have to learn alot more on managing their members.
Would such "experts" append a GTFO below warnings?

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see any effort in the Hosting Provider trying to rectify, or explain the situation to the customer.

I don't think that's going to happen due to their unprofessional attitude. And because it's already happen & they don't have anything to say at all :confused4

I just read their message. They used "GTFO". OMG... Is that how you speak to members? ...

Let me repharse what I said earlier. Those admins either have a damn huge ego, or they just simply think they've got too many members, and don't need any more.

All in all, if Stonerocket Staff doesn't do something about the current way they handle customers, they'll find all their customers flocking to other competitors.

Let me repharse what I said earlier. Those admins either have a damn huge ego, or they just simply think they've got too many members, and don't need any more.

All in all, if Stonerocket Staff doesn't do something about the current way they handle customers, they'll find all their customers flocking to other competitors.

I agree. And as I have said above that is not what make them attractive. Especially for the new customers

It is unfortunate that such an act has occoured and I strongly recommend you (Chris) to look into this matter. I know that some of the admin team run SR on your behalf. But it is the reputation of your child, your own creation, that is at stake. And I'm reccommending this as a Friend because I don't want to see a message saying Stonerocket has closed down. I believe that a new restructure is at stake. I'm more then happy to give you some suggestions as I have done in the past.

Some of the admins are nice, but I'm not sure about the others.
:shame:
It will have some bad effect to stonerocket reputation. I would suggest to demote any unprofessional admins.

explain the situation to the customer.

Customer ???

You know guys we get a bad review once in a while, you cannot make everyone happy you also get those who make it their mission to blast you.

Seen it all before, dont care much for it.. I stand by my staff, blast them! you have to go, They work hard and are volunteers.

Its easier to get rid of the distruptive members than have your staff team breathing down your neck. All host admins should know that by now.

Last edited:
Customer ???

You know guys we get a bad review once in a while, you cannot make everyone happy you also get those who make it their mission to blast you.

Seen it all before, dont care much for it.. I stand by my staff, blast them! you have to go, They work hard and are volunteers.

Its easier to get rid of the distruptive members than have your staff team breathing down your neck. All host admins should know that by now.

To some extent, I must agree with you. Sometimes, it is necessary to do that.

However, using "GTFO" is hardly acceptable. It is, considerably, a childish behavior.

Thanks.

Customer ???

Yes, that's for sure. The thing is, are you doing your part? If you've done your best, and your customers still try to find fault with you, then it can't be helped. However, from the aforementioned quotes, and references, it seems like StoneRocket Admins have no regard for their customers. When a customer voices an opinion, he gets "Banned", or something to that effect. From the thread quoted above, I don't see the 'Lead Admin' of StoneRocket explaining to the User as to why his account was suspended for no rhyme or reason. That's not in the professional code of ethics.

To some extent, I must agree with you. Sometimes, it is necessary to do that.

However, using "GTFO" is hardly acceptable. It is, considerably, a childish behavior.

Thanks.

I've nothing much to say, except, I agree.

Customer ???

Did I make a bad review? Let's just the TRUTH speaks by itself!

Let me get you the details once again:
  • I post a joke thread at SR forum with a title "ADULT ONLY...", which contains no adult material at all, only a link to this website (which is a normal joke on any other forums).
  • Then un4saken sent me a warning message with unnecessary word "GTFO".
  • I don't feel like doing anything wrong by posting the thread, and annoyed by the word GTFO. So I asked for warning removal and opinions from the other staff & members by post another thread on "comment & suggestion".
  • un4saken replied the thread and saying something like "I'm sick of this childish behavior.." then he locked the thread.
  • I still don't feel it's right because I didn't attack or swearing to other members/staff or post anything against their forum rules. So I open up another thread about this on the same section, "comments & suggestions"
  • After posted another thread, I got a permanent ban.

Now think again who's acting childish? I don't have any mission to blast SR at all. Who's blasting at me first by saying GTFO???? Did I reply him back with another harsh words on the forum? NO!! Did I attack him on the forum? NO!
Read again the whole story, and which part of my writing that's really explain that I attack him personally?
I only sounds my opinion, I don't feel myself as a disruptive member as YOU SAY, you're clearly don't want to listen to anyone's opinion about this and act one sided to defend one of your admin, this is what I call childish.

Almost all free host admins are volunteer and also work hard, and most of them know what to do to handle situations, especially how to make a good example to their members. Not by saying GTFO inside their message!

You guys are too funny to make things too seriously just because it's all started by a joke thread, and I think that un4saken didn't really read the joke thread and decided to warn me just because he saw "Adult..." title.

Customer ???

Your statement there is true, they are hard working volunteers but that doesn't mean the standards of customer support goes down with it. It doesn't take any extra effort to talk to your clients like they should be talked to. One bad review hurts, I think you know that.

I think you should talk to your admin staff, because I'm sure alot of people won't visit you because of this.

While they are still on the top it is not necessary to do that. They will do something different when they are in the bottom. Maybe it's just a matter of time. Everything can be happen.

Last time I used stonerocket they seemed fine and nice, that was a long time ago, but now I'm looking at this and it doesn't even seem to be the same people.

It hurts to see replies like this, My role in SR is SEO and Promotion, And pay the server bills.

We may not be perfect but we do try.

Back