• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Dreamweaver Good?

MX has split mode as well

Agreed but the space is cut by the silly 'rounded layout' and it just don't feel the same - I do use the latest version now but revert to older ones when I need speed production.

I started with DW 1.2. :cool2:

An old timer comes out of the closet :lol: yep I did use earlier versions but not for any serious stuff, tended towards simple notepad and HotMetal at that time :)

uhh

i went from mx to 8. not really a big diff and prob not worth the investment. especially if you consider that they are coming out with a new version in 07 and 8 is not "officially" compatible w ms vista.

the new release this year is timed with the release of cs3 and vista...
but you prob already guessed that.

i like peach pit press books for quick learning.

good luck

:evilb: < that guy gets down

Hello,

I wish to create professional looking websites so I bough an old version of Dreamweaver.

I was amazed, but confussed by it. So I was wondering to create better looking sites, should I buy the newest one or is simply try to encode it myself using HTML? As in, is it worth the price?

Also, do you know any resources to find help for the program?

Thanks.

well, i had a nice long responce just about finished before my power flickered and my backup batterie decided not to work anymore. oh well, my answer is yes, dreamweaver is good, BUT, dont learn how to make sites from it. learn to hardcode the html first, then you can do it visually using dreamweaver. if you dont understand the code that dreamweaver puts in to the page, how you will ever be able to edit without it? answer is, YOU WONT. so, leanr to hardcode.

BTW, James (moldytwig) i was looking at i-background, and it jumps around alot betweeen pages, and the menus moves too. :S a little inconsistnat i must say bro.

Last edited:
Its ok, Just use MS Front Page

rofl!

Please, don't! It's so poor that IE7 doesn't even comply fully to web standards because front pages' designs won't render properly. MS recognised this and discontinued it.

Seriously, use anything but front page.

Wow...Front Page....my favorite had to be an ad spotted when FP2003 was released. Here it is (unretouched, the actual ad)
72.232.105.143/frontpage_gotcha.gif

There's a coding error in the last frame. Laughed like h*ll when I saw it...
If you look closely you can spot some Dreamweaver code in there too. ;)

Last edited:
you may want to hold off before upgrading if you plan on using vista.

i called adobe to see if dw 8 was compatible with vista... their official answer is no. same goes for cs2 = no compat w vista.

but a new version of dreamweaver is coming out this year and cs3 is already out. so if you want to use vista... i recommend waiting till the release.

however, i use xp and dw 8 myself. works good for me.

good luck.

Wow...Front Page....my favorite had to be an ad spotted when FP2003 was released. Here it is (unretouched, the actual ad)
72.232.105.143/frontpage_gotcha.gif

There's a coding error in the last frame. Laughed like h*ll when I saw it...
If you look closely you can spot some Dreamweaver code in there too. ;)

rofl, that's really funny :p

ROFL post 24 is really funny :)

#27 is just a bit silly - nothing older than an OS can be compatible until tested, but it will usually work - so DUH!

Which is more important having Vista or having Dreamweaver? That's the question you should ask.

Its ok, Just use MS Front Page
hahahahahahahahahahahaha...

ok, thanks fo rthe laugh. BTW FRONTPAGE SUCKS!!! :p
you may want to hold off before upgrading if you plan on using vista.

i called adobe to see if dw 8 was compatible with vista... their official answer is no. same goes for cs2 = no compat w vista.

but a new version of dreamweaver is coming out this year and cs3 is already out. so if you want to use vista... i recommend waiting till the release.

however, i use xp and dw 8 myself. works good for me.

good luck.
James,
it is not compatible cause they havent fully tested yet, but, i am still using Dreamwasver MX with vista, adn till 2 weeks ago, i was using Photoshop CS2, and both worked fine on Vista. still using dreamweaver MX, and now on Photoshop CS3. both are fine.
ROFL post 24 is really funny :)

#27 is just a bit silly - nothing older than an OS can be compatible until tested, but it will usually work - so DUH!

Which is more important having Vista or having Dreamweaver? That's the question you should ask.

rofl more. just found your responces funny. :p

Lots of programs say they're not compatiable with vista. Even the last version of Joost said it was 100% not compatiable, but I got it working.

rofl!

Please, don't! It's so poor that IE7 doesn't even comply fully to web standards because front pages' designs won't render properly. MS recognised this and discontinued it.

Seriously, use anything but front page.

Yeah, even GoLive! is better than that, but Dreamweaver 8 still beats GoLive by a longshot. Also, There's HTML-Kit, but you need a handful of modifications to make it anywhere near as good as Dreamweaver.

I use Code View in Dreamweaver. I appreciate the colour markings, and the way it comes up with the code tag is really useful and quickens up my coding. Sometimes screws up though.

I use Code View in Dreamweaver. I appreciate the colour markings, and the way it comes up with the code tag is really useful and quickens up my coding. Sometimes screws up though.

Code coloring only screws up if you use methods like they used in Invision Power Board 1.3.1 in their skin functions.

Also, do you know any resources to find help for the program?

You can get help from a variety of Internet Resources, such as w3schools, PHP.net, etc.

Notepad2 has all you need. Stick a copy of it in C:\windows and you can call it from cmd as "notepad2".

Its basicly the same thing with some added features, you can stick to some old version and create good websites.

Back