• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Dreamweaver Good?

NewarkNew

Hello,

I wish to create professional looking websites so I bough an old version of Dreamweaver.

I was amazed, but confussed by it. So I was wondering to create better looking sites, should I buy the newest one or is simply try to encode it myself using HTML? As in, is it worth the price?

Also, do you know any resources to find help for the program?

Thanks.

Its basicly the same thing with a few new features to help working with huge lines of code.

Try the 30 Day Demo and see if you like it.

Version 8 is just fine. No need to upgrade to MX. As for functionality, it's the best! :)

I've got Dreamweaver 8,
i guss im used to it now,
i tried MX but it just didn't feel the same way.

MX isn't an upgrade, its a downgrade :p Dreamweaver is a great app, nothing better. As for the diffrence between MX and 8, It all depends where you started. If you have been using MX for a while, 8 is much diffrent. Seems that you have been using 8 for a while now, so you may want to stick with that. CS3 is being released soon, so that may be something to consider.

Sheesh...to get all the apps I have now in the upgrade to CS3, it's going to set me back $599. Getting pretty expensive to stay current. :(

Ye it is. Luckily I get all the applications I need for free because my uni has partnership with many software companies and provides us with the required commercial software for completing the course.. :D

Ye it is. Luckily I get all the applications I need for free because my uni has partnership with many software companies and provides us with the required commercial software for completing the course.. :D

That's terrific. Do you also get a break on the cost once you graduate? As they say: "you can't take it with you", and that usually applies to Academic software as well. Once you're out of school, you probably get to pay full price like the rest of us. oldman2

Ye, I reckon I'll have to pay full price once it's all over. Which is why I'm trying to stay as long as possible. I've already applied for an honours year.

It's horrible!! Use Notepad 2

:lol: Shutup you!

I started using DW way back and have never shifted, played with some others but to be honest it's the best one out. Once it hit MX it did take a turn for the worse though. Used to love the split mode of working, so I could layout visually and tidy code up when it just didn't work out.

You say an older version which one? I started with DW3 and it still did (most) of what i wanted without the gadgets, clean interface and just nice simple to use tools for time saving. But fortunately nothing that tried to be too clever. In fact the 'Frames Buster' was about the only extension I used. :classic2:

I used DreamWeaver at school because we had to, and I hated it. Notepad2 is my preference any day.

I used DreamWeaver at school

That is just wrong! How can a retentive teacher possibly show the values of a basic outlet for talent. Sort of speaks for itself really :knockedou so the teacher was really great at class then :lol:

That is just wrong! How can a retentive teacher possibly show the values of a basic outlet for talent. Sort of speaks for itself really :knockedou so the teacher was really great at class then :lol:

That is so right. :p

But to reiterate, I own the Dreamweaver MX Studio set, and I never have used anything else. Its speedy to make things with it.

Once it hit MX it did take a turn for the worse though. Used to love the split mode of working, so I could layout visually and tidy code up when it just didn't work out.
MX has split mode as well, I used it daily until I upgraded to v8. You have the option of split, code or design, or even keeping the code view window open on another monitor.

You say an older version which one? I started with DW3 and it still did (most) of what i wanted
I started with DW 1.2. :cool2: I've tried a number of things in between (Notepad, Note Tab Pro, Ultra Edit, WeBuilder...etc and so on), and keep coming back to DW. It's quick, and the code isn't too bad in the more recent versions.

Back