• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

This is ridiculous

foo2thabar

NLC
I don't know how many people have been following this, but I didn't realize the hearing was this soon.

http://www.cannabisculture.com/noextradition/

Extradition Hearing To Begin January 21
by Jodie Emery (21 Jan, 2008)

Three Canadians face extradition to, and life imprisonment in, the United States - but they've never been there!

Michelle Rainey, Marc Emery, and Greg Williams
Michelle Rainey, Marc Emery, and Greg Williams
The extradition hearing is scheduled to begin on January 21st - January 25th, 2008. Please phone (613) 957-4222 to tell the Canadian Minister of Justice it would be "cruel and unjust", an insult to Canada's sovereignty, to extradite Canadians Marc Emery, Michelle Rainey and Greg Williams to the United States to face life in US prison, especially when a $200 fine -- not jail time -- is the BC Supreme Court precedent for selling cannabis seeds (See R. v. Hunter, 2000). You can quote, "If Canadians have broken the law in Canada, they should be given a fair jury trial in Canada. If they wouldn't face any imprisonment in Canada for the charges laid, they should not be extradited to another country to face life imprisonment."

Marc Emery, Michelle Rainey, and Greg Williams are Canadian citizens who were heavily involved in anti-prohibition activitism for over ten years. The United States Justice Department and DEA want Canada's government to extradite these three political activists to face 10 years up to life in US prison! Canadians and Americans MUST do their part to help prevent the extradition from happening -- even a phone call makes a difference!

When will our government understand -- it's just a ----ing plant! These people were running a business, they aren't "typical drug dealers."

[edit]
I should also mention that Emery's signed a plea bargain to remain in a Canadian prison for 5 years.

Last edited:
We should send them straight to guantanamo bay.

Criminals.

Invade Canada, they are destroying our youth.

When will our government understand -- it's just a ----ing plant! These people were running a business, they aren't "typical drug dealers."
Looks to me like they're drug dealers, and I believe drug dealers deserve life in prison. When will people realize cannabis is not "just a plant"?

Wow guys, I think the point is that extradition and trial in the US in unfair , considering that they are canadian citizens. Whether they are criminals or not they should maintain the right to a trial in their country of citizenship. Would you feel any differently ?

This reminds me of a Case in the UK a while back, called the Natwest (I think I have the right bank) 3, I dont have time to explain it. But basicially they commitied a crime against an English Bank, (there was some minor ties to a corporation called Enron). The Bankl had even dropped charges, and the US still utilised a Bill intended for Terrorists to have them extradited to the US so they could face trial there.

It reminds me that the High Court has determined that Japan's current whaling is breaking Australian law. Personally I think if Japan wants to whale that's their business so long as its done in international waters.

I have to disagree, The reason I feel that that is a bad example, is because that is a conservation issue. WHich many should argue should transend Nationality, Drug dealing/growing on the other hand, is a criminal offence, And should be dealt with by the offenders country of residence, Unless the crime was committed on another's soil, when I feel they should be given the right to try the accused.

Looks to me like they're drug dealers, and I believe drug dealers deserve life in prison. When will people realize cannabis is not "just a plant"?

http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/news/20030701/heavy-marijuana-use-doesnt-damage-brain

SOURCES: The Journal of the International Neuropsychological Society, July 2003. Igor Grant, MD, professor of psychiatry, University of California, San Diego School of Medicine; director, UCSD Center for Medicinal Cannabis Research Center. Tod Mikuriya, MD, president, the California Cannabis Research Medical Group, Oakland; former director of non-classified marijuana research, the National Institute of Mental Health Center for Narcotics and Drug Abuse Studies. Lester Grinspoon, MD, professor emeritus of psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, Boston; author, Marijuana: The Forbidden Medicine and Marihuana Reconsidered.

So tell me, Meksilon. Is ignorance as blissful as they say it is?

What about liquor store owners? They deal drugs, and I consider Alcohol to be a lot more dangerous that cannabis.

if they never came here, and weed is legal in Canada, then there should be no reason to bring them to the US. that is just not right IMO.

We had one of those drug talk things at school from a police officer, and he actually said to us that weed was better for you than alcohol.

Now a lot of you will call him irresponsible but I admire him for being responsible and telling us teens the truth [it's not like we didn't know it already, it's just nice not being lied to].

We had one of those drug talk things at school from a police officer, and he actually said to us that weed was better for you than alcohol.

Now a lot of you will call him irresponsible but I admire him for being responsible and telling us teens the truth [it's not like we didn't know it already, it's just nice not being lied to].

Above the Influence commercials around here are abandoning the "CRACKAJUANA KILLS!" approach and starting to say things like "You won't die, you just won't do anything" implying that instead of hurting you, you will get addicted and have a perpetual supply of indica-dominant cannabis. To those that don't know, indica-dominant cannabis leaves you in a "couch locked" state with an intense body high, it's the kind that makes you just want to sit and watch TV for 2-3 hours. And you can get addicted to anything ...

Cannabis doesn't have anything in it that makes it addictive, it's just that people get used to it and that. Hell, even jaffacakes have a hotline on them if you get addicted (I'm not joking; it's called jaffaholics anonymous).

Cannabis doesn't have anything in it that makes it addictive, it's just that people get used to it and that. Hell, even jaffacakes have a hotline on them if you get addicted (I'm not joking; it's called jaffaholics anonymous).

Like I said, people can get addicted to anything. Heavy users of cannabis often take week- or month-long breaks to get their tolerance back down. If they were truly addicted, they wouldn't last that long ...

You can believe whatever you want. I happen to know people who have and/or do suffer from drug addiction. I also know /(and or) have known alcoholics too. Alcohol is not illegal, pot is. I stand by what I said - drug dealing is a reprehensible crime.

Also I don't appreciate being told I'm ignorant, I've read/studied drugs to an extent well beyond that required to have a completely balanced view. I've also found those who use drugs are far more likely to think they're okay - for instance I've run across many, many people who swear coke as their drug of choice - is it harmless? They also claim it is when used "responsibly". Personally, I think that's a bunch of ignorant BS - but ignorance is where you find it, right Ben?
Well, considering nobody has died from Cannabis. EVER.
There is not one single verifiable reported death due to the red-back spider's venom. It doesn't mean it isn't deadly.

There are other words I could use to describe him.
Cannabis doesn't have anything in it that makes it addictive, it's just that people get used to it and that.
Are you kidding? You actually believe that's true?

There is not one single verifiable reported death due to the red-back spider's venom. It doesn't mean it isn't deadly.
True, but red-back spider venom isn't in every dorm in the country, being used by millions (?) of people either.

There are other words I could use to describe him.
Who needs facts when you have a slick comeback like that?

Are you kidding? You actually believe that's true?
Please refute then.

I wouldn't have jumped in this thread if Meksilon didn't post in it, his arguments always suck. And just for the record, I don't use drugs, but agree that some should be legal -- it works. Look at Amsterdam. They have a very low crime rate, a very high standard of living, and almost everything is legal there.

True, but red-back spider venom isn't in every dorm in the country, being used by millions (?) of people either.

Who needs facts when you have a slick comeback like that?

Please refute then.

I wouldn't have jumped in this thread if Meksilon didn't post in it, his arguments always suck. And just for the record, I don't use drugs, but agree that some should be legal -- it works. Look at Amsterdam. They have a very low crime rate, a very high standard of living, and almost everything is legal there.

Gotta love Amsterdam.

Back