• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

This is ridiculous

i have decided not to like Meksilon due to his annoying manner and how he constantly tries to act like he knows everything and tries to belittle everyone. go learn some facts before you try to have an intelligent conversation on the FWS boards please.

Canada is Tired of him and doesn't want to deal with him anymore. There are other places to buy seeds.

I think it's safe to say Marc Emery got the shaft. Owned, even. :lol:

How many people have been bitten by it?
Thousands, every year.
Uh yes, it's a widely accepted scientific fact. Cannabis does not contain any addictive substance.
Who have you talked to? The drug users I've talked to have all told me it is addictive. I've seen what it's done to people close to me (as well as others not so close to me). I don't have much sympathy for drug users, as far as I'm concerned it's a crime.

You claimed it's not as bad as alcohol, I'm still waiting for you to prove it. Tell me, how long does pot stay in your system? And what about alcohol?

^^methodcomptech, whatever. I'm sick of hearing the same BS over and over about drugs from people who think they know it all. Even my closest friends have been very disrespectful to me in the past. So I don't care - pot is illegal, dealing it is drug dealing, drug dealers deserve life in prison. That's my opinion, and I'm entitled to it.

are your disrespectful friends the reason you look for reasons to act immature here. you know, you may have heard of a guy named iyeru that has gotten a lot of ---- from people here, but, seems to have possible changed his ways. are you just trying to take his place an be even more obnoxious? and yes, you are entitled to your opinion, but, do you need to and find any possible way to be rude and demeaning to others that have a different opinion that you? yeah, pot is illegal, and i wouldnt smoke it even if it was legal, still doesnt change the fact that the situation that was originally posted, in this thread, is messed up.

Thousands, every year.

Who have you talked to? The drug users I've talked to have all told me it is addictive. I've seen what it's done to people close to me (as well as others not so close to me). I don't have much sympathy for drug users, as far as I'm concerned it's a crime.

You claimed it's not as bad as alcohol, I'm still waiting for you to prove it. Tell me, how long does pot stay in your system? And what about alcohol?

^^methodcomptech, whatever. I'm sick of hearing the same BS over and over about drugs from people who think they know it all. Even my closest friends have been very disrespectful to me in the past. So I don't care - pot is illegal, dealing it is drug dealing, drug dealers deserve life in prison. That's my opinion, and I'm entitled to it.

I already posted the link to a university study proving that it's not dangerous. You even quoted the link.

And I'm a Cannabis user. I'm also in a university that holds very high standards of entrance. I have a job as well. But the mere fact that I am a consumer of cannabis makes me a criminal? And I know first hand it's not addictive physically like nicotine or alcohol - I regularly go extended periods of time with zero withdrawal symptoms.

Anyone whose life has been "ruined" by pot needs to be held accountable for their mistakes and inherent lack of self control and not push the blame onto a harmless drug. If they hadn't "ruined" their lives with cannabis overconsumption, they'd have found something else. Like gambling or alcoholism.

Oh, and in this case, your opinion is supporting the incarceration of thousands of people that don't deserve it.

In fact, why don't you do your own search on the LD50 of d9-THC and post the results, including sources, in here?

Last edited:
now now Ben, those are all signs of a pot head. all i read there is blah blah blah, im a lazy pothead that does nothing but sit on the couch, smoke weed, and am a complete drain on the economy, blah blah blah. oh wait, one of my best frieds smoked weed every day, graduated HS a year early, has a genius IQ and is now getting a job as a rocket scientist, so, i guess my buddy is an addicted idiot, just like you Ben ;)

damn pot heads, you ruin everything. lol

btw, just in case some of you pot heads cant tell, im being sarcastic. we all know you arent smart enough to realize it, so, i had to spell it out. haha

now now Ben, those are all signs of a pot head. all i read there is blah blah blah, im a lazy pothead that does nothing but sit on the couch, smoke weed, and am a complete drain on the economy, blah blah blah. oh wait, one of my best frieds smoked weed every day, graduated HS a year early, has a genius IQ and is now getting a job as a rocket scientist, so, i guess my buddy is an addicted idiot, just like you Ben ;)

damn pot heads, you ruin everything. lol

btw, just in case some of you pot heads cant tell, im being sarcastic. we all know you arent smart enough to realize it, so, i had to spell it out. haha

I was doing this when I read the first few sentences: :eek2:

Then I realized you were kidding.

Also, at my school, all the alcoholics are in "lower" majors like Business Admin. The guys in Chemistry, Biology, and Engineering all have a constant supply of cannabis and LSD. Well, not everyone, and not exactly constant, but you get the picture.

yeah, i would never smoke myself, but, i know some people that are really smart that smoke all the time.

I had and uncle who died from lung cancer.

He smoked weed everyday, and never smoked a cigarette.

Weed is bad for you. Fun, but bad for you. I did it for a long time, and gave it up and do not regret it one bit.

I had and uncle who died from lung cancer.

He smoked weed everyday, and never smoked a cigarette.

Weed is bad for you. Fun, but bad for you. I did it for a long time, and gave it up and do not regret it one bit.

IMO, every day is a bit over-doing it. I equate it to people who get drunk every day.

Everything in moderation. Twice a week at most is great.

However, if you must indulge every day, I'm not opposed to eating it.

Last edited:
I already posted the link to a university study proving that it's not dangerous. You even quoted the link.
Proving what? There are no studies that conclusively prove anything to do with the long-term effects; only the short term. Lack of information doesn't prove something's harmless.
Oh, and in this case, your opinion is supporting the incarceration of thousands of people that don't deserve it.
That's your opinion - my opinion is that every drug dealer deserves life in prison. And the only reason general society doesn't feel pot is a bad drug is because of other drugs - if there were no opiates, no meth, no lsd - no other illicit drugs at all, you can bet societies' view of pot would be far more negative then it currently is.

Proving what? There are no studies that conclusively prove anything to do with the long-term effects; only the short term. Lack of information doesn't prove something's harmless.

That's your opinion - my opinion is that every drug dealer deserves life in prison. And the only reason general society doesn't feel pot is a bad drug is because of other drugs - if there were no opiates, no meth, no lsd - no other illicit drugs at all, you can bet societies' view of pot would be far more negative then it currently is.

Do you have an aversion to reading articles? Read the ----ing article.

No, wait. Here's the first three paragraphs. You don't even have to click the link.

The ----ing Article said:
July 1, 2003 -- Long-term and even daily marijuana use doesn't appear to cause permanent brain damage, adding to evidence that it can be a safe and effective treatment for a wide range of diseases, say researchers.

The researchers found only a "very small" impairment in memory and learning among long-term marijuana users. Otherwise, scores on thinking tests were similar to those who don't smoke marijuana, according to a new analysis of 15 previous studies.

In those studies, some 700 regular marijuana users were compared with 484 non-users on various aspects of brain function -- including reaction time, language and motor skills, reasoning ability, memory, and the ability to learn new information.

And here's the conclusions:
The ----ing Article said:
"I just re-published a paper of the first survey for marijuana toxicity done in 1863 by the British government in India that was the most exhaustive medical study of its time in regards to possible difficulties and toxicity of cannabis. And it reached the same conclusion as Grant," Mikuriya tells WebMD.

"This is merely confirming what was known over 100 years ago, as well as what was learned by various government findings doing similar research -- marijuana is not toxic, but it is a highly effective medicine."

In fact, marijuana was available as a medicinal treatment in the U.S. until the 1930s.

Lester Grinspoon, MD, a retired Harvard Medical School psychiatrist who studied medicinal marijuana use since the 1960s and wrote two books on the topic, says that while Grant's finding provides more evidence on its safety, "it's nothing that those of us who have been studying this haven't known for a very long time.

"Marijuana is a remarkably safe and non-toxic drug that can effectively treat about 30 different conditions," he tells WebMD. "I predict it will become the aspirin of the 21st century, as more people recognize this."

And LSD isn't exactly terrible, either.

I don't normally say this, but your opinion is absolutely absurd.

No, wait. Here's the first three paragraphs. You don't even have to click the link.
That's far too small a sample size for drawing any serious conclusions. I don't remember claiming pot led to brain damage, the only thing I'm aware of it causing long term is depression - and so little is actually known about depression anyway, I'm sure you could claim it's only a "contributing factor" and not a cause.
I don't normally say this, but your opinion is absolutely absurd.
Right. Go talk to scientologists who claim you shouldn't take ANY drugs (medicinal, legal or illegal), even if your doctor prescribed it, and THEN tell me my opinion is absurd.

Speaking of this, I have a friend who takes Effexor at the highest dose, under prescription from his G.P., and I have a huge problem with that. I happen to believe it is only effective or beneficial when taken for a fixed short-term period. Clearly I don't have the authority to tell him to get off it; because that would be contradicting his doctor who has prescribed for him the best course of action he could. Still, it disturbs me that someone he sees twice a year can make that decision (involving a field of medicine that is not his speciality), and I've pushed him to seek a 2nd opinion - namely to go to a physiologist (who has the authority to take him off the drug and put him onto something more suitable), regularly and seek that opinion. You want to know why Effexor doesn't work? It's logic - it acts as an emotional inhibitor - so while you can't feel really, really bad - you can't feel really, really good either. The effect to suppress negative emotions wears off over time, while Joy is inhibited all the more due to higher doses. It causes suicidal thoughts. It is very addictive. And I could go on.

But this discussion is not about medicinal drugs like that, it's about Pot. So while you are entitled to your opinion, I make no apologies for holding mine.

And I will make no apologies for holding my opinion either.

Effexor antidepressants are relatively new in the field of medicine. I was on them before.
Like all medicines, especially antidepressants, they have a different effect on everyone. They work for some and not for others. They didn't work for me.

Regarding your friends G.P. not having "The Authority" to put him on or off these medicines, you are far from right.

G.P.'s or General Practitioners are Authorised and trained in all areas of Medicine and have every authority to treat their patients the way they feel is necessary and sufficient for that particular patients needs.

Speak to any G.P. and they will tell you the same.

Regarding Pot, I also feel Hash and Weed should be legalised but only for medical purposes.

Regarding your friends G.P. not having "The Authority" to put him on or off these medicines, you are far from right.
I didn't say they don't have the authority, I said they should not have it. Very different. Prescribing powerful mind-altering drugs should IMHO require a psychiatrist (I believe I mentioned psychologist in the previous post - that was silly as they can't prescribe drugs - psychiatrists can).

By the way, I hold the opinion that any antidepressant - Effexor or not - cannot be used effectively long-term. This is because they suppress your ability to feel emotions strongly; and do not distinguish between good and bad emotions. I bet if you put someone who's very optimistic and happy all the time onto them they'd get pretty depressed pretty quickly.
Regarding Pot, I also feel Hash and Weed should be legalised but only for medical purposes.
I hold a similar opinion, with the exception that I do not have an opinion over what drugs should or shouldn't be used medicinally. For instance, I understand that morphine is used medicinally instead of cocaine or heroin. I also understand that while crystal meth is one of the very worst street drugs, methamphetamines can be prescribed by a GP.

I didn't say they don't have the authority, I said they should not have it. Very different. Prescribing powerful mind-altering drugs should IMHO require a psychiatrist (I believe I mentioned psychologist in the previous post - that was silly as they can't prescribe drugs - psychiatrists can).

By the way, I hold the opinion that any antidepressant - Effexor or not - cannot be used effectively long-term. This is because they suppress your ability to feel emotions strongly; and do not distinguish between good and bad emotions. I bet if you put someone who's very optimistic and happy all the time onto them they'd get pretty depressed pretty quickly.

I hold a similar opinion, with the exception that I do not have an opinion over what drugs should or shouldn't be used medicinally. For instance, I understand that morphine is used medicinally instead of cocaine or heroin. I also understand that while crystal meth is one of the very worst street drugs, methamphetamines can be prescribed by a GP.
I've heard of amphetamines being prescribed, but not methamphetamines. Adderall...

And you're right, you didn't outright claim that it causes brain damage, you just said it ruins lives and wasn't "just a plant". That implies some kind of physical damage and addiction. I have first-hand experience that cannabis doesn't cause depression. And to answer a question I missed before: the inactive metabolites of THC stay in your system for about 4 days, compared to about 24 hours for alcohol. The reason? THC is fat soluble while alcohol is water-soluble. Alcohol adds to this by being a diuretic.

I think this thread (namely Melkinson) has developed too far for me to butt in again, but I must say Melkinson's argument as "I'm not obsurd because scientologists are more obsurd" actually made me laugh out loud.

Melkinson, why are you trying to fight science? Don't you want to learn, or do you want to be a close minded person? I simply don't understand. You seem to be going out of your way to find irrelevant arguments in order to avoid the arguments that somebody but you wins.

Of course, all drugs are dangerous. In fact, everything is dangerous. It all comes down to moderation.

I would say smoking marijuana daily isn't very well moderated, and is dangerous. But smoking it weekly (eg at a party every friday) is absolutely fine and won't cause any harm.

Just like eating cake every hour is dangerous, as apposed to perhaps once a day.

P.S. You said that thousands had been bitten by that spider and nobody had died. Doesn't sound very dangerous to me.

you shouldn't use a cell phone, it will cause brain cancer. YAY!

This brings up a good point.

Why should the government have any business what I do with my body? Even if a study comes out saying cannabis is actually dangerous and proves it in a peer-reviewed setting, then I'll still smoke. Why? Because I enjoy it.

Back