• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Recent content by apokryphos

1. A

Anyone use Ovica -- comments?

Where do you see the version? I've got cPanel Build 10.2.0-RELEASE 82 running; no idea what the latest is, but it doesn't really seem dated at all to me. What's the latest version?
  2. A

Anyone use Ovica -- comments?

They're the hosts, I think, that perfectly demonstrate the falsity of "you get what you pay for". I haven't seen a more reliable host, and -- suffice it to say -- they have pretty much unrivalled prices. Excellent stuff.
  3. A

Wanted: Professional Hosting

I'd say go for Ovica or AccuBURST; I'm with them both and they're very good/reliable/stable. AccuBURST 2 Gig 50 Gig bandwidth $4.99/month Ovica 5000MB of Web space 100GB of transfer/bandwidth per month Unlimited Domains Unlimited E-mail accounts Free Domain Name...
  4. A

How to avoid bad hosts.

I'm sorry, but this is plainly untrue. No doubt, a lot of the time it can be the case, but holding this as an absolute is just one of the plain and silly things that expensive hosts want you to believe. There are plenty of decent cheap hosts out there, which is pretty much inevitable after the...
  5. A

2-3 gigs; 20-30 gig bandwidth; several accounts

Seems like he's banned; no idea why though. bgfweb and StaticHost -- reputation looking good, but there are a few others out there offering the same deal for quite a bit less.
  6. A

Erm, for the same reasons that people would want shell on a Linux system in general. Far easier to do so many things -- bulk-convert images, using grep/pipes in general, python stuff, speed of executing so many tasks in general (or copying in general; I find scp faster than fish and ftp)...
  7. A

Hi, I'm looking for to roughly have: 2+ gigs of space Around 20 or so gigs of bandwidth. Price: cheap ;) Necessities (please don't respond if you cannot provide/install these): Cpanel ImageMagick Comfortable amount of add-on domains (10 to15 or more) Shell access Unix Server PHP...
  8. A

LCR Hosting?

Oh pu-lease. If they suggest that they will respond quickly, and that they have several systems to deal with support requests (and they don't work), then that is their problem, not mine. It is not unreasonable for me to request, and indeed -- expect, what they promise.
  9. A

LCR Hosting?

The real problem with LCR Hosting, now, is the response team. No doubt, they've got a lot of work, but it's unfair that we should suffer. Waiting over four days for a critical reply is far too much, surely. For that reason, it's probably not a good idea to sign up. No doubt, if they start...
  10. A

LCR Hosting?

Too good to be true... they are, or so it seems. Have had downtime for nearly 5 days now.
  11. A

Looking for a Host -- 100meg

Death Reaper, does your server run ImageMagick? Do you offer add-on and sub-domains? If so, how many? runk-0-funk- Do you have ImageMagick, and -- it suggests that you are allowed Unlimited domains; am I right in thinking that this means add-on domains? Thank you all for your help.
  12. A

Looking for a Host -- 100meg

Looking for a Host -- 100meg or more After signing up with Pinchpenny.org and majorly regretting it, I'm now on the look-out for a good host. I had this forum recommended to me by Hoth, and he speaks highly of it, so I thought I'd drop by. I think I'll just say what I'm looking for: Around 100...
Back