• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Recent content by BillWill

1. B

How do those remote counter things work...that track users?

With the tracking script you'll want to take the HTTP_REFERER variable and store it in your database or whatever. This gives you the URL that sent the image request.
  2. B

code to display number of`SQL records

Actually... Here's how you efficiently return a row count... $strQuery = mysql_db_query("SELECT count(*) FROM table", $db); $intCount = mysql_result($strQuery, 0); print $intCount;
  3. B

run CGI scripts on PHP host?

Most hosts that offer PHP also give you Perl / CGI access. Check out the details of what comes with your account as this may not be the case, but a great deal of the time you'll have access to both. It's actually easier to find a host with PHP and Perl than just PHP alone (assuming your...
  4. B

php ecperts... how to parse file extensions?

Here's another method. This time around it just grabs everything after the period in $strFilename. <?php $strFilename = 'filename.jpg'; list($strBase, $strExtention) = split ('\.', $strFilename); print 'The file type is '; if ( $strExtention == 'gif' ) { print 'gif'; }...
  5. B

php ecperts... how to parse file extensions?

<?php $strUrl = 'http://hostname.com/file.php'; $strExtention = substr($strUrl, -3); print 'The file type is '; if ( $strExtention == 'gif' ) { print 'gif'; } elseif ( $strExtention == 'jpg' ) { print 'jpg'; } else { print 'unknown'; } ?>
  6. B

Server Pathes

If you have PHP then try: <?php print $DOCUMENT_ROOT; ?> Or for all sorts of information: <?php phpinfo(); ?>
  7. B

Lists PHP SCRIPT ?

I'd be willing to do a script like that for free. If your interested, send me an email: wclark@slickscripts.com
  8. B

A question about PHTML and PHP

.phtml is just a different extention to access PHP scripts.
  9. B

Job Oppritunity~~~!

If your still looking for someone, feel free to e-mail me: wclark@slickscripts.com
  10. B

::: News publishing :::

Blogger - http://www.blogger.com/
  11. B

php newbie...

1. './somefile.inc' is just saying 'somefile.inc' is in the current directory. Your right: this isn't usually required. 2. @ before a function tells PHP to ignore errors that running the function might cause.
  12. B

PHP program

I'd highly recommend TextPad.
  13. B

News Grab

Alot of sites offer XML headlines for syndication to which you link to the full story. I haven't seen to many resources willingly let other websites have whole articles for free though. Legal issues: if you don't have permission, it's obviously illegal as you'd be stealing their copyrighted...
  14. B

What's wrong with Servus?

Servus (http://www.servus.ws) has been down for at least 36 hours. Does anybody have a clue on what's going on? They usually e-mail their customers when planned downtime occurs.
  15. B

Mephex

I'm going to aggree with the above. You've got a good basis, but work on adding color and spice... I like to have at least 3 different colors (not shades, colors) in all my designs.
Back