• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search results

1. L

Free DNS monitoring service

Does anyone know whether or not such a service is available? Basically, I'd like to be able to monitor a particular nameserver for the zonefile of a particular domain. The service should be able notify me when the zonefile changes. For example. when IP numbers in the zonefile change.
  2. L

multiple browser testing

Does anyone know of a online service or offline software package that allows you to see how your html(+other client side scripts) will appear in various browsers/versions? I know of NetMechanic but does anyone know of anything else beside that?
  3. L

Datapacket

For some time now, datapacket.net ad has appeared on this bulletin board. I tried to email them for more information about their reseller accounts on three occasions over the past week and haven't received a single response. Does anyone know anything about this webhost? They can't be too...
  4. L

Domain + Webmail Access

Could anyone recommend a free web host that allows you to host your own domain name and gives you access to webmail that's based on your domain domain name?
  5. L

Finding out active window dimensions: Javacript

Hi, I've got a Javascript problem. I'm trying to find out the active browser window size that a client is using to retrieve my web page. I tried using window.screen.width (and height) but that returns the maximum resolution of the client's monitor. Does anyone know how that can be...
  6. L

Reselling Domains

Could anyone recommend a good domain registrar I can resell for? One condition: I must be able to integrate this with scripts on my own server.
  7. L

Any opinions on ahi.net

Some time ago I tried out a webhosting company that was providing ridiculously cheap NT/ASP/ColdFusion/SQL hosting service. I got what I paid for and subsequently left the host. This host was cavendo.com. Around late March, out of curiousity, I revisited the site, only to find that cavendo...
  8. L

Any ASP component like BrowserHawk?

I've got to admit that I'm a downright miser and I don't want to pay $99 for a BrowserHawk license. Does anyone know if there's a cheaper alternative to this? The component should be able to tell me if the remote browser has flash installed, what size the browser window is, how many colors it...
  9. L

Mystery behind cheap NT hosts

There are a number of NT hosts offering the following on the internet: Win 2000 servers Unlimited transfer/diskspace at about $14-40 a year no unique IP similar control panel and control panels at added cost. Does anyone know who they're reselling for? These hosts are...
  10. L

Creating email program aliases

Does anyone know how you can create email aliases that actually trigger either a cgi or PHP script? Would it be possible to make the contents of the email (plus headers) available to the script for processing? I'm currently hosted on a shared Linux server using Sendmail and it supports PHP4.
  11. L

Free Virtual Server Found

Hi I just found a web host that gives you a free virtual server. You can host up to 5 domains. I haven't tried it out yet but could has a number of limitations: no Php/MySQL 20mb diskspace 250MB downloads (anything in excess and you'll be forced to upgrade to a fee-based package) No...
  12. L

Cavendo.com?

Just a quick question. Has anyone used Cavendo.com as a web host? If so could you comment on your experience hosting with them? Have you ever experienced problems using their SMTP servers?
Back