• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Any opinions on ahi.net

lyew

Some time ago I tried out a webhosting company that was providing ridiculously cheap NT/ASP/ColdFusion/SQL hosting service. I got what I paid for and subsequently left the host.

This host was cavendo.com. Around late March, out of curiousity, I revisited the site, only to find that cavendo had been taken over by a new company called, Automated Hosting, Inc. With internet businesses being so volatile, this wasn't surprising.

At that time, AHI wasn't operational yet. But their website was offering "next generation" web hosting services, saying that their's was the world's first fully automated service (whatever that means).

So I waited and waited until yesterday when their first product was announced. A pilot hosting system through a new site -- tophosts.cc . I visited that site and realized that there was nothing "next generation" at all. In fact they're probably reselling CI Host packages -- as Cavendo as done. In fact it takes 12 hours for the account to be set up. So much for full automation.

Does anyone have any knowledge or opinion about this? Is this really sleazy, selling old wine in new bottles?

Back