• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search results

1. S

Unregistering a nameserver?

How would this be done. I registered 2 IP's I have as nameservers, but no longer go by that name. I want to use the same two to point somewhere else now. My registars control panel has no where to do this. Is there any other way?
  2. S

.cc

Of you were signing up for free hosting, would having a .cc in your subdomain bother you so much you wouldn't use the service?
  3. S

Chat

Anyone know of a good, and free, chat script that's not remotely hosted.
  4. S

Innovative idea's...

I need them. I'm going to relaunch a free web host in the forseeable future and don't want to make the same mistakes I made last time. What kind of add-on's would you want in a host? A support chat room? Preinstalled scripts? If so, which ones? Do you want a topsites for member sites, or...
  5. S

9ug?

I haven't been able to access http://www.9ug.com for about 2 days now. Anyone know what's going on with them?
  6. S

Anti-Linking program

What would I need to disable clients from linking things on my servers from a page on another server? I know some webhosts do this and I'm looking for a program like it. What would even be better is if there is an option to only allow this for files larger than X MB's. That way pictures could be...
  7. S

Promoting a free host

Signups for me free host have decreased about 50% each day and are now down to almost nothing. I suspect this initial signups were from posts in various forums about my opening. The question now is where to promote? I submitted to all the search engines on Saturday and I'm not listed yet...
  8. S

Another dead host...

Apparently http://www.stas.net has closed up shop as their site has been down for a while and their former members can't access files.
  9. S

Nameservers

I'm trying to set up my own and so far have these A records 216.234.186.105/3.gif Does it look correct, or did I miss something. Also, my main IP is 216.234.186.105, so will it matter that I have 2 other IP's as my nameservers?
  10. S

Another dead site...

http://www.ifreepage.com who gave 100MB storgae for only an extremely small seach box anywhere on your page is gone. They closed signups on the 8th and their website has been a 404 for 4 days. RIP ifreepage.
  11. S

Text Links

I'm starting a free web hosting and I' trying to find a feasible way to make advetising revenue. I was thinking of doing what GA-Sports has done to http://www.frontofficefootball.com with the bar accross the top. However, instead of links to sites, I'd put a text advertisiment. Could this work...
  12. S

Selling advertising

Where is a good place to sell advertising?
  13. S

Need help

I'm opening a free web host soon and need a few people to help. I'm looking for help in the following area's: PHP/MySQL- I've tried and can't figure it out. I need someone that can do the initial install on a RaQ3 and them administer to them. Create a database when someone needs one and send...
  14. S

Please Review

I finally have the design for my free web host up and running. Since it's almost complete I'm looking for feedback on everything from design and load time to spelling and word phrasing. Everything except the bottom links on the second hosting page and jobs page should be working. Let me know...
  15. S

Starting a web host?

I'm plan on starting a free web host for sites dealing with gaming, cars, sports, etc. Two part question here: 1. Making money - Other than the standard banner on their page deal, what else can I do to make money? I've thought of e-mail newsletter with advetisments and seach programs, but...
Back