• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search results

1. J

Networking Using XP

I have followed XP's network setup wizard, which was fine and it came up and listed the other computer on the network. When I tryed to view the data on that computer, it says, you are not authorised to view it. This has happened, when I try to get into my work group as well, what could I be...
  2. J

On-Board USB

I have a Gigabyte mainboard with 6 USB ports, IE 4 at the back, two at the front of the case. One time when I was attempting to reinstall XP they just stopped working, so I got into the BIOS of the system to check to see whether it was enabled, and they were. In windows the USB Controllers...
  3. J

Cases

Do I have to worry about the mainboard being compatable with it, Ie I am thinking of purchasing a GA-7N400-L1 mainboard, do I have to worry about the case being compatable with it?
  4. J

Computer Purchasing Help

This is the quote of the components that I had a quote of to purchase the components. There are a few things not included like cases and a hard drive which I will purchase from another company. Would the main board be compatable with the processor and other components? Processor: AMD...
  5. J

Bloody Annoying ICQ

Whenever I connect to the Internet and I am on a dial up connection, bloody ICQ loads. This is starting to annoy the hell out of me, because I do not use the program and if I had my say, it wouldn't even be installed on my box. It is a bloated annoying piece of software. My rant finishes...
  6. J

Windows Updates

Shortly I will be reformatting my system drive. I don't like the idea of downloading all the security updates again as I am on dialup connection. Are the updates saved permently onto the Computer's hard disk drive, e.g the files used to originally install the updates. If so, where are they...
  7. J

4kus and Asus CD-Rom drives/DVD

How good are they? Would it be worth my while speeding an extra $10 on a Sony, or will those brands be adquate enough. E.g won't break down etc etc?
  8. J

My Audio Drivers

What is the difference between the following drivers ALC 100/200 Driver Ver 3.37.1 for Windows 98/ME/2000/XP (2.8MB) ALC 100/200 Application Ver 3.37.1 for Windows 98/ME/2000/XP (8.6MB) http://support.octek.com.au/Downloads/htm/download_alc.htm
  9. J

Using the one identity in Outlook Express

I want all users of my computer under Windows XP Pro to use the same identity under Outlook Express. Is this possible? I found that the data is stored at; C:\Documents and Settings\Name\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{DC3932A0-692D-4D8A-BB51-1B358BD4E001}\Microsoft\Outlook...
  10. J

Installing

Today I installed my hard drive. So I could get to where the hard drive is to be put in the case, I had to remove the IDE controller cable to the floppy drive. On the cable as you all know there is a red painted end. Which on all the other devices e.g CD-Rom's and my original hard disk have...
  11. J

Rhino I845 A4E Socket 478 Mainboard

I have that exact mainboard, brought from Octek, e.g http://www.ocktek.com.au, I can not find the board at the Octek site, where will I be able to find info on that board?
  12. J

Installing a Second HD

What I want to do is buy another 40gig Seagate 7200rpm IDE/ATA hard drive. What I am asking is, what is the easiest way to reformat my original 60gig hard drive without losing any data from that hard drive. What I was thinking of doing, is to set the 60gig as a slave so that all the data is...
  13. J

Sounds

I've got a Pentium 4 1.6ghz machine. Which is a year old. When I first turn the computer on, I hear a strange sounding noise, which goes away when WinXPPro starts. What could be causing this? It has been doing this for months. Over the past month, this noise has been increasingly getting...
  14. J

Dedicated Hosting In Australia

Are there any good cheapish Australian based dedicated hosting services?
  15. J

Can These Folders be deleted?

$NtUninstallQ810833$ Can folders in the C:\WINNT directory be deleted, there is a whole series of them.
  16. J

Good Brands of RAM

What are some good brands of RAM? Moderately priced.
  17. J

Program to Convert RM Files to AVI

I have been looking for a program that will do the above task and haven't been able to find a decent one. A one other than the one which is made by boilsoft. A RM to MPG converter is also helpful.
  18. J

Which Is The Best Case?

Please See The Pic Below
  19. J

ISP additions to web browsers

How do you get rid of them, if you were silly enough to install the software that comes on their CD's? I know there is a few programs out there that can fix it, but I have forgotten their names.
  20. J

Host.sk My SQL Down

It has been down ever since last night Australian Time. Anyone from host.sk can tell me when it will be back up?
Back