• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Windows Updates

jason120au

Shortly I will be reformatting my system drive. I don't like the idea of downloading all the security updates again as I am on dialup connection. Are the updates saved permently onto the Computer's hard disk drive, e.g the files used to originally install the updates. If so, where are they located, so that I can burn them to CD and thus not have to download them again.

Originally posted by Bruce
It's not that funny. :confused2

It's only 133 megs. I used to download Linux ISOs with 56k.

Exactly. I rather spend 1 day d/ling 133mb and have it on a CD than having to do it ALL the time. Besides, you have NO Friends with broadband?

Originally posted by Robert
Exactly. I rather spend 1 day d/ling 133mb and have it on a CD than having to do it ALL the time. Besides, you have NO Friends with broadband?

It's Australia, by the time they download 100mb they get charged a shit load of money. :rolleyes:

Actually broadband here is getting cheaper, you can get unlimited downloads for about $A66 which approxmently is about $US132 a month. Thats 256/64 ADSL broadband.
But because I live in the "country" I have to pay about $20 more.

Originally posted by jason120au
Actually broadband here is getting cheaper, you can get unlimited downloads for about $A66 which approxmently is about $US132 a month. Thats 256/64 ADSL broadband.
But because I live in the "country" I have to pay about $20 more.

That's not cheap. :p

Here, unlimited 1500/320 ADSL "broadband" is $44.95, around $32USD. Still nothing compared to the Sweden, Korea, Japan or even the US.

Originally posted by X-Istence
10Mbit down/1 Mbit up for $50 USD per month.

OOL has a shitty network. :rolleyes:

You can get a FTTH(fiber-to-the-home) 10mbps both ways, for $50.

Can you now? Interesting. Will they run it if they don't run cable or DSL? That, of course, is off topic but oh well.

Originally posted by Daniel
OOL has a shitty network. :rolleyes:

You can get a FTTH(fiber-to-the-home) 10mbps both ways, for $50.

Hrm, i have to say i am really happy with everything. Shitty network? Have yet to see that, we had a few problems in the beginning, but since then everything has just been fine and dandy.

Downloading max speed, and uploading all the same. Speed always stays at top level, and i always have really low pings to game servers, especially the ones in europe and on the east coast.

Great ping to almost any host, and always a fast loading page.

Have yet to find it really disappointing.

BTW Daniel where can i get this fiber to home for $50 in NJ? Links or phone number would be nice, i am interested in it.

Originally posted by X-Istence
Hrm, i have to say i am really happy with everything. Shitty network? Have yet to see that, we had a few problems in the beginning, but since then everything has just been fine and dandy.

Downloading max speed, and uploading all the same. Speed always stays at top level, and i always have really low pings to game servers, especially the ones in europe and on the east coast.

Great ping to almost any host, and always a fast loading page.

Have yet to find it really disappointing.

BTW Daniel where can i get this fiber to home for $50 in NJ? Links or phone number would be nice, i am interested in it.

OOL is an exception.

You cannot get DSL if you have Fiber Optics. DSL uses Copper, Fiber Optics uses Fiber. There are 3 types of Fiber Optics available, IFITIL, DX and MX. IFITIL is Fiber from the Company to the ONU and copper from the ONU to the NID. Computers within the home connect directly to a 10MB line. "ADSL" is what they consider it, but it's NOT Dsl. And there is no modem required.

DX isn;t popular.

MX is the lastest and that's DSL over Fiber Optics and uses a modem.

You can't get fiber optics if your area isn't serviced with it. Best way to find out is to call your local DSL provider, they'll let ya know.

I have IFITL in Miami, FL.

Back