• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

» Looking to make an advertisement deal with a host! (Part II)

Theater

Please read the entire post before responding if you choose to do so. Thank you. :)

Some Background Information

You may remember my original request from here:
http://freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32059

Well it turns out that the current host is not going to work out due to the popularity of my site. In fact, they want to charge me an overage fee of $3.00 per Cogent Gb if I go over my 50Gb limit. Not trying to be mean because they were awesome enough to host me in the first place, but the overage fee seems a little steep for pure Cogent bandwidth.

This is the e-mail I received from them:

Hi edit,

Just to keep you informed that your bandwidth usage is at 22,004.957 MB (22GB) out of 50,000.0 MB (50GB) maximum. This figure represents 44% usage out of 100% allocated to you.

You are only 4 days into your month and we have calculated that your usage is going to me near 170000000 MB (170 GB) by the month is out. If this is the case, then you will be over by 120000000 MB (120GB) and the charges according to our terms of use http://www.edit.com/phpmanager/order/index.php will be as follows:

120GB at $3.00 per GB $450.00.

We will keep an eye on your account and inform you when its near its limit.

Regards,

Customer Services Dept
Of course 120Gb x $3.00 actually equals $360.00, but that's still $360.00 for 120Gb of Cogent bandwidth. So I am in need of a new host provider soon if someone wants to step up to the plate with an offer.

You Ask: Why the heck should I host you for free?

In just 17 days of re-opening the site it has received exactly 1,689,879 hits, with an average unique visitor count reaching towards ~1,500 daily.

This is an adult site, nothing really hardcore, but something you don't want your kids to see either. You wouldn't be hosting the entire site, you would be hosting a clip section with your banner ad in place on the section. Plus one 140x100 ad on the main section of the site. It just seems like to me that it would be a prime spot to advertise any adult hosting or other types of offers.

Desired Specifications:
50+Mb Space
125+Gb Bandwidth
IP or Subdomain Address
No small file size limits
Hotlinking Enabled
FTP Access of course

I can provide the url to the site, banner placement positions, and access to the webstat so you can verify all the numbers I've been quoting to be true. Please contact me via Private Message with any questions or offers you may have.

Thank you for your time,
- Theater

Back