• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

10,000 Free Hosting Clients - $800

Am I mistaken to assume those accounts you have listed in this pic are using between 5-10 GB of space?

Nope. But I was sorting by disk usage descending, those are the top .1% of accounts. If I were in charge I would have killed them but he let them slide for whatever reason.

Nope. But I was sorting by disk usage descending, those are the top .1% of accounts. If I were in charge I would have killed them but he let them slide for whatever reason.

Arent you in charge now since you are selling the site?

Something sounds very, very fishy about the whole thing to be honest. I still think Raymond is involved and this is just another one of his sales, since nobody trusts him anymore.

Ah well, good luck with the sale anyway.

Arent you in charge now since you are selling the site?

I'm in charge as of 3 days ago, doesn't necessarily mean I felt like running through and terminating accounts. Like I said, I don't have the time. I terminated one guy because he was using 15% cpu.

Something sounds very, very fishy about the whole thing to be honest. I still think Raymond is involved and this is just another one of his sales, since nobody trusts him anymore.

And what would be the point in that? I already said Raymond had been running this thing, so I don't see what goal we would be accomplishing. If that was the case then the only thing we would be lying about was who owned it for the last three days (as if that makes a difference in the sale).

I'm in charge as of 3 days ago, doesn't necessarily mean I felt like running through and terminating accounts. Like I said, I don't have the time. I terminated one guy because he was using 15% cpu.

Seems kind of unfair giving someone all that space and transfer, yet deleting his account based on what he was given. Why dont you simply send out a systemwide mail stating the plans will be changing in a week, prune those over whatever specs you decide to give.

I also agree that something doesnt seem right here. You have been "The Man" only 3 days, now you are selling for 800/1500?

Looking back at your history (for those who havent) I see this is the 4th one you have tried to sell. August last year you had one for sale that had about 200 people. April you have one that had 13K, Earlier this month you had one with 11K and now this? Lemme guess, all offered unlimited this and that, and the overselling caught up to you.

Seems kind of unfair giving someone all that space and transfer, yet deleting his account based on what he was given. Why dont you simply send out a systemwide mail stating the plans will be changing in a week, prune those over whatever specs you decide to give.

The unlimited model is workable. x10 does it for example. I can guarantee most of these guys using GBs are hosting files or something, in which case I am perfectly justified in cutting them off per the ToS.

The problem with this one is that the proper precautions weren't taken. If you're going to offer unlimited, you better damn sure have a good plan, multiple servers, and some calculated monetization methods so you can justify the usage. That wasn't done here. And I don't feel like cleaning up the mess. I run one free host, and I accept maybe 20 new customers a week.

I also agree that something doesnt seem right here. You have been "The Man" only 3 days, now you are selling for 800/1500?

I fail to see what's strange about that.

Looking back at your history (for those who havent) I see this is the 4th one you have tried to sell. August last year you had one for sale that had about 200 people. April you have one that had 13K, Earlier this month you had one with 11K and now this? Lemme guess, all offered unlimited this and that, and the overselling caught up to you.

The 200 clients, I bought that and then resold it (1gb plan). The 900 clients was part of my older company (100mb plan). The one in April I acquired from a guy who went out of business I knew because he had some stuff in my facility. Sold the clients and site, buyer knew the deal, terminated the file hosters and inactives, and now he is very happy.

How stupid would I have to be to keep overselling and screwing myself every time? $800 doesn't even near justify what it would have cost me to start and run this thing for a few months. It would be a complete waste of my time and investment, and I wouldn't make a penny. I make a bare minimum of $50 an hour sitting on my --- eating Chinese food and writing basic PHP code. So no, this is not some type of recurring scam I am running. I pick these things up when I see them, and I sell them, and at a damn good price considering the traffic value and the time and work it takes to build a free hosting company up to this point.

These are unlimited clients. They are all jammed on one server. I said this from the jump. If you don't like it, don't buy it.

So what is the total disk space and bandwidth usage on the server?

Also, how much are the ads on the forum making? Are they adsense?

So what is the total disk space and bandwidth usage on the server?

Also, how much are the ads on the forum making? Are they adsense?

Disk space is 800gb used (again you can terminate some tos violators to drop that, which i havent bothered to do). Bandwidth averages 3-4 mbps.

Ads on the forums I have no idea. They are on Raymond's AdSense account and I haven't talked to him in approx 2 weeks. I believe they are AdSense. I would estimate a couple bucks a day. My forum CPM is usually pretty low, especially for web hosting forums.

Disk space is 800gb used (again you can terminate some tos violators to drop that, which i havent bothered to do). Bandwidth averages 3-4 mbps.

Ads on the forums I have no idea. They are on Raymond's AdSense account and I haven't talked to him in approx 2 weeks. I believe they are AdSense. I would estimate a couple bucks a day. My forum CPM is usually pretty low, especially for web hosting forums.

How many Terabyte's is the server pulling per month? I can make a rough guess based on those averages, but I would rather know the exact amount.

How many Terabyte's is the server pulling per month? I can make a rough guess based on those averages, but I would rather know the exact amount.

I just checked the graphs at FDC, looks like it's pulling an average of around 3 mbps, so that would be about 1tb per month.

So out of curiosity, what's the story with Raymond and koolserve? Didn't pay his bills yet again?

So out of curiosity, what's the story with Raymond and koolserve? Didn't pay his bills yet again?

Same situation. Both of these servers were with me at FDC though this one is a rental and not colo. He was already trying to sell KoolServe in August though before he left but was never able to get it sold. Now I'm stuck with this damn thing and another bill due soon...

Last edited:
So the paid one-time "upgrades"...they're on the same server as the free folk?

Back