• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

1and1.com

In my opinion,.com is more common than .us,though .us is appealing at the low price.I would choose .com

1&1 = Scam, review their ToS very very carefully.

They are the most untrustworthy people I've met. Do a google search about them, you'll see my point

usually, 1&1's offer is very cheap, or free for the 1st year.
But if you read their TOS, these promotional domains have to be register for 2 years.
So you will get the domain for free or very cheap price, and you have to pay very very expensive price for the 2nd year.
Since it is stated in the TOS that you have to be with them at least 2 years, so that makes you have to pay them the money and the domain is not transferable to another registrar.

usually, 1&1's offer is very cheap, or free for the 1st year.
But if you read their TOS, these promotional domains have to be register for 2 years.
So you will get the domain for free or very cheap price, and you have to pay very very expensive price for the 2nd year.
Since it is stated in the TOS that you have to be with them at least 2 years, so that makes you have to pay them the money and the domain is not transferable to another registrar.

You are right. That ios very important to read that before signing up. In any case that is rare to meet someone who reads that everything.

Back