• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

3 Years, 6 Different Hosts, None Reliable

cha0snet

I've been going from webhost to webhost on these forums looking for one that actually has 99.98% uptime. For one which doesn't blame server outages on DDOS or run away user scripts as an excuse every week. Who knows to upgrade their Zend engine when they upgrade to PHP 4.3.10. A host which has enough support personnel to respond to tickets and inform users of upcoming outages. Is it too much to ask for a host like this for only $15-18 a month? Don't post stats, I want to hear from the people who have been with reliable, knowledge, and stable webhosts for 2+ years.

cha0snet,
I am interested in your statement:
I've been going from webhost to webhost on these forums looking for one that actually has 99.98% uptime.

Are you referring to free hosts, to paid hosts or to both?

After a series of "roller coaster free hosts" since 1998, I finally decided to try paid hosting.

BlastHosting.com

Justin, the owner of BlastHosting, is a good friend. He knows FreeBSd very well, as well as php and MySQL. He keeps his servers very updated and secure and I know you'll be very happy with him.

When choosing a host, make sure there are plenty of ways to contact them. Email, IM, Forum, phone, snail mail... Also make sure they aren't affraid to show anything. Where their hosted, how many people work there, how many clients they host (and for how long).

I've been hosting clients month in and month out and haven't lost a single one. But do I have proof of that, no. Would any host? No.

The hardest thing you have to do is develop trust with someone you don't know, and hope for the best. For what you're looking for, any host can provide (cheap or expensive) if they are in it for the long haul.

Curtis H. said:
Kinda discredits the referral doesn't it? :wink2:

Not when Robert is a reputable technical support guy at SolidInternet.com. I definitely believe in what he recommends. He helped solve many of my problems.

Curtis H. said:
Kinda discredits the referral doesn't it? :wink2:
No, it doesn't. I don't recommend a service unless I can honestly say that I have faith in it. Just because I know the owner, doesn't mean I would just recommend it. I recommend it a reason, and that reason is because Justin knows his stuff and knows how to run proper servers.

Daniel said:
It's not the same Robert. The Robert that runs SI/MN lives in Perth, Australia. :)
I was wondering if Robert hired Robert for a second. LOL!

cha0snet said:
Don't post stats, I want to hear from the people who have been with reliable, knowledge, and stable webhosts for 2+ years.
Take a look at F5hosting.com. 4 years and counting. No friend. Strictly business.

Last edited:
Curtis H. said:
I was wondering if Robert hired Robert for a second. LOL!

Take a look at F5hosting.com. 4 years and counting. No friend. Strictly business.
Justin has been my server admin since uhh years. So I'm his customer and I'm speaking from experience.

Once again. Speaking from experience. :wink2: Take a look at F5hosting.com cha0snet. 4 years and counting. :) No friend. :shame: Strictly business. :classic2: If they have a plan that fits your needs and budget, your problems as in the past will be no longer. Good luck!

Back